Next AFL CEO

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have preferred someone from NSW, so they have an understanding of the issues of expanding Aussie Rules outside the heartland. Alas, it seems that both our CEO and the Swans CEO didn’t make the final shortlist.

I'd love it if Steve Hocking got the job, but in a spot of learning via a Richmond-supporting friend of mine I found out that, between being a 'silent' co-CEO of 'Wagner Group' in Russia plus running a number of biological and chemical weapons plants in both North Korea and sub-Saharan Africa he just wouldn't have the time.

Pity.

Couldn’t possibly be Gale? He has got to be the most bias person in football surely?
Let the fans watch the footy and play our away final at the G.
But for AFLW, oh no let’s not let the fans in for that, we earned the right to play that at Punt Rd.

If he gets the job…. Wow!

Couldn’t possibly be Gale? He has got to be the most bias person in football surely?
Let the fans watch the footy and play our away final at the G.
But for AFLW, oh no let’s not let the fans in for that, we earned the right to play that at Punt Rd.

If he gets the job…. Wow!
Won’t be Gale.

His wife is a big lefty and very progressive. The AFL have identified this as being bad for PR should she be given a platform due to his appointment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL (internally) wants Dillon, but the clubs want it to be a football person from one of the clubs (seems Gale is the only prospect left there), so there is bit of a power struggle going on.

AFL will be trying to use this interview process to find grounds to boost their candidate when they have to present their decision to the clubs for ratification.

At the end of the day though, I image everyone making the decisions at the clubs will know all the candidates well enough to make up their own minds.

Curious point...If Gil waits for Tas to be approved, will the new Tas team get a vote? ( and if they do, will they go for the Tasmanian Gale, or payback the AFL by doing as they're told ).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back