Analysis If Richmond win the premiership in 2023, will Damien Hardwick go down as the greatest coach of all time?

Will Damien Hardwick go down as the greatest coach of all time if he wins the 2023 premiership?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Dimma’s best feature as a coach is being an illustration on why fans don’t run footy clubs. Would have been sacked years ago if it were up to the Richmond ‘faithful’.

FrighteningOddBluebird-size_restricted.gif

Next thread: "If Richmond Go Undeafeted All Season, Will They Be The Best Team Ever?"

Don't be ******* stupid. Everyone knows Richmond never win more games than they need to. To do so would be akin to dying with unspent funds that could have been more wisely invested in hookers and racetracks and bars all over the world. :)

That means Zero mate.
8 premierships and 4 in a row and you're trying your best to downplay that.
Enjoy your 3

Terribly weak era. As a Richmond supporter I can tell you for a fact our 1927-29 teams were nowhere near as good as our worst hiatus teams from the 1983-2016 era. Well done to old Jock for sneaking a few Grand Finals wins in a shocking era.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Terribly weak era. As a Richmond supporter I can tell you for a fact our 1927-29 teams were nowhere near as good as our worst hiatus teams from the 1983-2016 era. Well done to old Jock for sneaking a few Grand Finals wins in a shocking era.
You're dreaming buddy. It was a great era.

In total, McHale coached 714 VFL games with 467 wins and 10 draws (a 66.1% winning rate).

Hardwick around 53%.

You conveniently posted finals records. Richmond only had 4 or 5 decent years.

8 Premierships lol top that

A couple of those premierships have huge asterisks next to them. Wasn't there some ridiculous replay system rule in place??

The rule was almost as ridiculous as Colin Carter's attempts to get the Cats more flags when the media decided who the best team was way back in 1241 AD.

do you think he's the greatest already or only if he wins 2023?
No

I’m just sick of this threads (specially started by Tigers supporters).

It’s obvious started to cause a sh1t fight.

Just humor him and it will end…

Last edited:
With the GOAT player and GOAT coach, anything other than an undefeated season into a premiership will be seen as nothing more than an abject failure. :drunk:
Nah, you just know the AFL will intervene and make rule changes and MRO decisions purely to hurt Richmond.

Everything and everyone is in conspiracy against the Tigers.

You just watch, the AFL and the MRO and the umpiring and the schedule and the weather and God himself will all conspire to screw them out of yet another flag.

Honestly if damo makes the eight with this cooked list I think you could make a fair argument it's humanity's greatest achievement.
Flying to the moon, pyramids of giza, "mr hardwick" getting 2023 shitmond into finals, hard to split.

Back