Preview Changes/Preview Round 2 v Brisbane

Remove this Banner Ad

Can't imagine we bring all four back at once.

If Fritsch fit, out Laurie.
If May fit, out Tommo.
If Viney fit, out Sparrow.
If Salem fit, IDK. Probably play him at Casey. Rivers is still panicky with ball in hand, but probably unfair to drop him off that.

EDIT: forgot Kozzy.

Last edited:

May, Fritsch & Viney for Tomlinson, Laurie & Pickett (will sit out a week IMO).

Last edited:
If fit:

Fritsch for Pickett
May for Tomlinson
Viney for Laurie

No need to rush Salem back into that defence. Let him find form at Casey after little pre-season prep. He's never been good half fit.

If none of them get up, then just Jordon for Pickett.

Agree re Salem, make the campaigner play reserves he sucks half fit.

I'd be tempted to keep Tomlinson over Petty, had a crap pre season and looks devoid of all confidence right now

Fritsch needs to come in if fit for Kozzy who will get a week or 2 regardless if he actually hit the head because of the concussion storm

Fritsch for Pickett

Viney for Harmes

May for Tomlinson (stiff but can’t play 4 tall defenders)

Only way I’d include Salem is if it’s sub for Melk.

I’d give Laurie another, especially with Kosi out. Don’t think you learn much about a debutant when they just can’t get into the game. Plenty of good players have barely touched it on debut.

• Harmes OUT, Viney IN
  • McVee OUT, Salem IN
  • Melksham OUT, Fritsch IN
  • Laurie to Tac Sub

Fingers crossed Kozzy gets off. If he gets pinged, I imagine Laurie stays in.

From what I'm hearing, May won't be ready till Round 3-4. The others should be good to go next week.

It also wouldn't surprise me if only Viney and Fritsch come in though, and we take a conservative approach.

OUT:
Pickett (susp)
Laurie
Tomo

IN:
Viney
May
Fritsch

Sparrow very lucky

This is pretty much how I have it too.

Salem has a history of playing poorly after a break, and our backline was great, so I really hope he plays at least a couple of VFL matches first up.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

No need to rush Salem back into that defence. Let him find form at Casey after little pre-season prep. He's never been good half fit.

Agree re Salem, make the campaigner play reserves he sucks half fit.

100%. Nobody should be above playing VFL footy to get fitness and form. Salem absolutely has a history off stinking it up coming back off a lay off. Will be disappointed if hes straight back in without playing some VFL first.

Last edited:
Salem definitely needs to regain fitness through the 2s. This isn't a normal injury he's recovering from a thyroid problem.

Tomlinson out for may (if fit)
Laurie and pickett to make way for fritsch and viney.

I agree with others on sparrow being lucky, he probably goes out if pickett isn't suspended.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trial by media in full effect today. Somebody please think of the children crowd out in force.

Pushing hard for the AFL to ignore the points system and give more on a bump that didnt connect. ******* idiots.

Start suspending people on intentions, by next year we can start suspending players for have evil thoughts.

Trial by media in full effect today. Somebody please think of the children crowd out in force.

Pushing hard for the AFL to ignore the points system and give more on a bump that didnt connect. ******* idiots.

Start suspending people on intentions, by next year we can start suspending players for have evil thoughts.
Funnily enough the headlines don't actually justify the weeks suggested. Cornes and Barrett are like "that's the worst thing I've ever seen on a footy field, he should get 2 weeks" lol.

Funnily enough the headlines don't actually justify the weeks suggested. Cornes and Barrett are like "that's the worst thing I've ever seen on a footy field, he should get 2 weeks" lol.

Kane wants more, was talking 4 weeks

Brisbane were ordinary v Port, but you'd think they respond strongly up there.
I'm drafting this at QT v the Dogs. How good were we! No need to change after that performance. Great there were no bullshit injuries!

OR

Out: Melbourne
In: Casey (yes I'm aware Casey got flogged today too)
Who will man on Charlie Cameron?
Bring back Hibberd please

These guys watch footy for a living and that's the worst thing they've seen lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back