Compare the pair: same kicking, same marking, same super contribution

Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
I've been away for a couple of days and have been thinking of how some of our present players remind me of players from years gone by. This thread is for any musings or observations regarding similarities in parts of present and past players' games. I'll start us off:

Tom McDonald's kicking = Cam Bruce's kicking
Both of them float their ground passes. Both hit their targets more often than not, but are prone to a shocker. McDonald has never kicked a goal, but one suggests that should he ever have a set shot, I would be equally wary as when Cameron The Bruce was lining up.

And just quickly, Dom Barry's chase in the middle of the ground last week reminded me of this (get a load of that score, by the way):

Over to you, BigFooty Demons.

Christian Salem reminds me of a cross between Garry Lyon and Adem Yze.

I've thought this too, looks like Garry, kicking style reminds me of Yze.

Judd McVee looks like a young Ricky Pettard and plays like Daniel Ward

McDonald has never kicked a goal, but one suggests that should he ever have a set shot, I would be equally wary as when Cameron The Bruce was lining up.

Funny how Tom turned out to be a very good set shot while being a horrible field kick in defense.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

All week I was wearing my veil of negativity. Just knew wed blow it, and the boys delivered in spades!
It must be awesome to be a Collingwood supporter, they've done this to both us and Carlton. Not to mention Richmond in the prelim

If we could destroy another teams season it would sustain me for weeks.

It must be awesome to be a Collingwood supporter, they've done this to both us and Carlton. Not to mention Richmond in the prelim

If we could destroy another teams season it would sustain me for weeks.

We loved coming out flat as a tack with finals on the line back then, the year before in Roosy's last game. Absolutely flogged vs Geelong.

We loved coming out flat as a tack with finals on the line back then, the year before in Roosy's last game. Absolutely flogged vs Geelong.
Delivered Roos his biggest loss as a coach in his final game. What a send off to the bloke who saved the club.

Delivered Roos his biggest loss as a coach in his final game. What a send off to the bloke who saved the club.

A "hes not going to be my coach next year so why should I try" feel to it by the boys.

Back on topic. I like Rivers playing the Jayden Hunt role, and I suspect there could be a lifetime of difference in their final retirement payout.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back