The Bigfooty Liverpool Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

U21s beat Blackburn 3-2. Goals from Rhys Williams, James Norris and Layton Stewart.

Team was: Davies, Jonas, Olufunwa, Williams, Beck, Norris, Stephenson, Clark (Corness), Frauendorf, Stewart, Woltman (Hill).
Ross, have you been tracking Keyrol Figueroa in the youth sides. Has big wraps, scored a ton of goals at U14s level and then went away with the USMT at the CONCACAF U17s and banged them in there. Think he may have won the golden boot.

Last edited:
Ross, have you been tracking Keyrol Figueroa in the youth sides. Has big wraps, scored a ton of goals at U14s level and then went away with the USMT at the CONCACAF U17s and banged them in their. Think he may have won the golden boot.

Heard a lot about him, seen him once, off the bench in the U19s UEFA Youth League the other day. Was impressed with hold up play and finding players to give the ball off to, and had a couple of big chances himself to score but Sporting defended well.

The Atlantic reporting Bellingham looking unlikely for us due to the cost. Man we are going to look like prize idiots if we miss out after waiting 12 months.

Better have a good plan B involving two quality MFs and a CB.

The only way I can see us priced out of it is if Real Madrid come in with a 150m offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Atlantic reporting Bellingham looking unlikely for us due to the cost. Man we are going to look like prize idiots if we miss out after waiting 12 months.

Better have a good plan B involving two quality MFs and a CB.
I do read alot of reports Mason Mount will be heading our way

In terms of the squad, Mount is an ideal replacement for Ox.

And Keita role. He's a bit of a jack of all trades type player. Sensible purchase if he can be bought for 25-30m.

If Bellingham is out of the question I'd like to see Amrabat + Caicedo + Mount + Tyler Morton returning from loan.

Goodbye to Milner, Ox, Keita. Maybe Fabinho if a big offer comes in.

With it seemingly more and more possible, that we may get priced out of the Bellingham stakes. It won't be the end of the world. We are more likely to be able to address multiple positions. With the funds we probably would have gone all in on with Bellingham, leaving us short elsewhere. Need 3-4 new players.

I don’t think much has changed with the Bellingham stuff. It depends on if he wants to play for us and at this stage it still looks like that is the case. Dortmund are just looking to start a bidding war which obviously Liverpool would lose but if we are his preferred destination then I think that still puts us in pole position.

Not worth losing sleep over either way but I still think we’re in with a good chance.

Dortmund also have a reputation to protect. They've done well with young English players and want that pathway to continue. If they block Bellingham coming back to England because they're not getting their valuation (enormous as it will be), then there is a good chance the pathway will close.

TL; DR: it's up to Bellingham.

Please tell me this is a April fools Joke....

Look I do admit his been a good servant for the Club.... Everyone will agree, but we have to look forward and his game time has to go to other players, in the younger generation ...
If we can have the same amount of injuries as a normal club, and replace Keita and Ox with 2 midfielders that can make a difference, then Milners minutes would be reduced.

This can't be for real. Milner is done. We got 8 top class years and over 300 games out of a freebie. It's time for him to move on - not give him another contract. I hate to say it but any new deal would be based on sentiment only. And that's something we don't need.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back