Game Day Round 2 v Lions, Friday 24 March, 7:50 pm @ The Gabba

Two big streaks on the line tonight:
  • Going for 48 consecutive rounds in the top-four
  • Going for our 13th consecutive interstate victory (last loss was QB at the SCG in '21)
With a strong side in (Pickett and arguably Salem the only ones missing), it should be a good test of where we're at.

Alison Brie Reaction GIF

Can’t wait.

Not a good test at all.
Predicted top-four team on their home deck? I don't rate them either, but the last time we played them, they ended our season. I'd say it's definitely a good test for how our new game style (granted, they're not wholesale changes) stacks up.

Predicted top-four team on their home deck? I don't rate them either, but the last time we played them, they ended our season. I'd say it's definitely a good test for how our new game style (granted, they're not wholesale changes) stacks up.

I meant its not a good test because they are inconsistent flat track bullies for the most part. A good test comes against consistently good teams. Sydney next week will be a good test. Considering they have owned us at the G for years.

Oct 9, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
Going to be rather disappointed if Melbourne lose this, Lions are going to have to play some stellar footy to win this BUT that would be a huge form reversal and play style reversal I feel.

10 goal loss coming up…
This is our Tigers 2016 season, Demons 2019 season
The season they had to have before winning the Grand Final, albeit the Demons had to wait two years
Fair bit of strife when Joyce is getting a game 2nd game in when delisted by saints . Could get ugly if we can’t stop their midfield .
Zero expectations going in. Don't think we've ever been this low since 2019.
If we end up doing well this season, I expect this season to be similar to 2021, where we don't get a win until round 5 (North).

Hope we win, just don't see it happening today without a massive attitude adjustment.
Shouldn't bottom out. We need to do a Geelong and stay up as long as possible even if we don't win a premiership. There is too much disruption on the horizon for the club. We need to keep the fans and casuals engaged and in Brisbane you do that by winning.
I miss being at least a lil bit confident going into games...

Poor old Brions, they've went from being a monty for the flag to discussing bottoming out in the space of one week

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Not a test, we flogged them when we were going crap twice. They're easy to play against and they make anyone's ball movement look good. Winning doesn't prove anything, losing shows we suck.

Not a test, we flogged them when we were going crap twice. They're easy to play against and they make anyone's ball movement look good. Winning doesn't prove anything, losing shows we suck.
Well then, I guess it's a good test of whether we suck

Imet Hassa

All Australian
Aug 18, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Really think May is unlikely. Can see it being just Fritta and Jack in.
Lovely night up here. Anticipating an intense start with it being decided when things settle in the third. I would not be writing Brisbane off too easily, they have some very, very good players.
Go Dees!

Feb 15, 2015
South Yarra
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Mt Buller Demons
Really think May is unlikely. Can see it being just Fritta and Jack in.
Lovely night up here. Anticipating an intense start with it being decided when things settle in the third. I would not be writing Brisbane off too easily, they have some very, very good players.
Go Dees!
Great that you are there tonight Imet. Eat a horrible pie and some lukewarm chips for me and don’t shy away from some irrational shouting. That’s the way I generally play it

Back