Non-Lions discussion 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

Is there a more important individual player for a team than The Bont? Feels like he has been carrying Bevo and this team on his back for years now.

Is there a more important individual player for a team than The Bont? Feels like he has been carrying Bevo and this team on his back for years now.
Playing Macrae forward so Caleb Daniel can get midfield time is baffling. Anytime the Doggies win it feels more in spite of Bevo than because of him.

They need him to play AA football every week

Footscray need to do what the Hawks did and look to offload some of their players who still have currency. Untouchables = Bont, B Smith, Naughton (though I think he’s incredibly overrated), English, Darcy (developing), Ugle-Hagen (developing). Everyone else on the table.

Edit: outside of Macrae and Libba I wouldn’t take any of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Watching the Dogs at centre bounces, they haven't replaced Dunkley's defensive role at the stoppages. Like us, they have lots of players that look good when they're winning clearances, but they also have a lot of one way runners in the midfield.
I have no doubt that they will lift for next weeks game against Dunkley.
But if our guys play with anywhere near the intensity of last night I dont see how they have the class to keep up with us.

Clug & Berry (Witherden and Cox).

And if I’ve read things right here, 2016 was the beginning of our second or third rebuild.
Nah. At no point were we really rebuilding. At best we were puttering along indifferent to our impotence. Rebuilding implies a degree of intent that was never present.

I have no doubt that they will lift for next weeks game against Dunkley.
But if our guys play with anywhere near the intensity of last night I dont see how they have the class to keep up with us.

Looking at their team list tonight they’d have at least 14 players in their ‘bottom 6’ players out there.

Last edited:
Watching the Dogs at centre bounces, they haven't replaced Dunkley's defensive role at the stoppages. Like us, they have lots of players that look good when they're winning clearances, but they also have a lot of one way runners in the midfield.

Also, why has Caleb Daniel attended more centre bounces than Macrae???

Remove this Banner Ad

Back