Injury 2023 St Kilda Injury Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

What’s going on with Membrey? Why is he now 5 weeks away after being touch and go for round 1 two weeks ago?
Why did Keeler twinge his knee in December, start running again at the start of the year and is now looking like missing the first half of the season?????

Why did Keeler twinge his knee in December, start running again at the start of the year and is now looking like missing the first half of the season?????

I said it as well, Hayes is another one whose injury time has blown right out from the initial estimate. (Round 2-4 I think it was?)

It seems we are not getting the rehab right either.

I said it as well, Hayes is another one whose injury time has blown right out from the initial estimate. (Round 2-4 I think it was?)

It seems we are not getting the rehab right either.
I think it all comes down to match conditioning now. Keeler for example has hardly had a pre season

Webster to miss a few weeks with a broken hand. Pretty awesome how he goes about it, went on to clunk a few marks and big spoils.
I think it all comes down to match conditioning now. Keeler for example has hardly had a pre season
Looking at the way we played on Sunday all players are going to have to run hard for the entire game. Anyone who has missed weeks with injury is going to take time to get that level of fitness back.

Looking at the way we played on Sunday all players are going to have to run hard for the entire game. Anyone who has missed weeks with injury is going to take time to get that level of fitness back.

Caminiti was working as a butcher a month ago. Not sure that’s peak fitness.

Need a less-fit team who are not continually injured..:) Or maybe find out what Geelong used back in 2007 to suddenly reduce injuries and put more muscle on their players over a short period ..;-)

That got banned, was legit blood spinning and they have the AFL to thank for being so completely oblivious to everything but their cash flow.

2007, RTB's first year we had shocking injuries
2008 top four
2009 and 10 premiers (well in my deluded fantasy world anyway)
Coincidence, or correlation equalling causation?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Lucky Hannebery retired before this new fitness regime was unleashed 😳

LmnaccM.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2007, RTB's first year we had shocking injuries
2008 top four
2009 and 10 premiers (well in my deluded fantasy world anyway)
Coincidence, or correlation equalling causation?

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

We sacked a lot of the injury prone guys under GT when he arrived. Goose, XMan, Max Hudgeton, Penny etc got culled or dropped.

Very easy to get upset and pessimistic when you look at our injury list; particularly when compared to our rivals.

And very easy to blame someone like Dave Misson, especially when Demon visitors come onto our forum to tell us how bad he is.

But truth is like everything else (trades, drafts, contracts, selections etc) none of us here know the truth with any certainty.

If there is a problem with the training/fitness program is that even Dave Misson’s fault? Or does the blame fall at the feet of our head of performance and conditioning, Nick Walsh?

Or does it come back to Ross Lyon and the coaching staff demanding a certain level of fitness and Misson/Walsh simply working to that?

Like I said; who knows?

We all wish we had more cattle on the field and it may well be that a less strenuous program would’ve help achieve that.

However it may have also meant that we weren’t able to overpower and overrun the favoured Dockers last week.

So rather than blame any particular person I’m just gonna look forward to the next game, and to a time when a few of our currently injured squad start reappearing.

anyone have any inside news on Bytel? Is he out of hospital yet? Did he get infected/did it spread? Will he maybe be back next week? Really liked his round 1.

anyone have any inside news on Bytel? Is he out of hospital yet? Did he get infected/did it spread? Will he maybe be back next week? Really liked his round 1.

Apparently, he was picked up from the hospital yesterday.

No other news I'm aware of on his situation but you would hope he can make a fairly quick recovery.

Ross said he was on the drip as a prevantative measure and that if it was all clear, he'd be good to go pretty quickly, just not in time to play this week. Sounds like he was released and should be available again next week, barring another mysterious recovery mishap.

Very easy to get upset and pessimistic when you look at our injury list; particularly when compared to our rivals.

And very easy to blame someone like Dave Misson, especially when Demon visitors come onto our forum to tell us how bad he is.

But truth is like everything else (trades, drafts, contracts, selections etc) none of us here know the truth with any certainty.

If there is a problem with the training/fitness program is that even Dave Misson’s fault? Or does the blame fall at the feet of our head of performance and conditioning, Nick Walsh?

Or does it come back to Ross Lyon and the coaching staff demanding a certain level of fitness and Misson/Walsh simply working to that?

Like I said; who knows?

We all wish we had more cattle on the field and it may well be that a less strenuous program would’ve help achieve that.

However it may have also meant that we weren’t able to overpower and overrun the favoured Dockers last week.

So rather than blame any particular person I’m just gonna look forward to the next game, and to a time when a few of our currently injured squad start reappearing.
It also does give a chance for some of the lesser lights to get a few games under their belts and show us what they may/ may not have.
Hard for them to do so when the “name players” are still being selected, sometimes regardless of their output.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back