ATP/WTA Masters 1000 Miami

Remove this Banner Ad

Sinner Alcarez on now.
Miami isn't as good as Indian Wells for us time wise but we get some great night session matches.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just finished watching and wow. Jannik that was awesome. Relentless. Should’ve won the first, didn’t, but didn’t let it bother him. Neither did losing three straight games in the second, or being down BP at 4-4. Clutch. So, so impressed. Huge hitting with consistency, the only real way that I can see to trouble Carlos. Sinner has elevated his game to new levels, just so impressive.

That rally in the first set at 4-2, 0-15 was INSANE!!

Alcaraz finally showed cracks, looked flustered at times, and his serve fell apart several times. 9 DF was it? Wow.

In the other SF, great match, Khachanov perhaps unlucky not to win he played awesome tennis. Medvedev just a tad too consistent over the course.

Great work Drummond over the last month with the write-ups of IW and Miami and your thoughts on the matches. Been a pleasure to read.

Since when did Miami play the mens and womens finals on different days. Seems silly.
Thanks mate!

Have really enjoyed these tournaments. The womens final was interesting, Rybakina never really got going but had her chances. The TB was crazy, 16-14. Elena had a handful of set points but couldn’t take it and the second was mostly one way traffic. She had a BP, Kvitova dominated the point but Elena hung in there and had a really simple FH pass with Petra at net but instead opted for some dinky slice that Petra punished. Bizarre.

So keen for the men’s final! Hoping Sinner, and I think he’ll win. He’d have learnt a lot from Rotterdam, and not as fatigued as he was for that meeting.

Looks like Medvedev still has Sinner's number. Can't beat Meddy just by bashing the ball back to him.
The H2H is now 6-0, all meetings coming on indoor before today, but that’s quite telling. Sinner started well and early days I thought he looked the superior player. However, after getting the early break, he gave it right back and then struggled throughout. He looked really flat and struggled to deal with the lack of rhythm Medvedev provides. He made 20 FH UE, 20! It was really hot there today too, so further evidence Sinner has a way to go on his fitness.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back