Toast Dees in the coaches' votes - 2023 edition

Remove this Banner Ad

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
Round 1 votes are in. All Dees.

Any Melbourne players a chance to win it this season?

ROUND 1 | Melbourne v Western Bulldogs
9 Jake Lever (MELB) (A11dAtP0w3R)
9 Kysaiah Pickett (MELB)
5 Christian Petracca (MELB) (Headless)
5 Max Gawn (MELB)
2 Clayton Oliver (MELB)

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Just thought we were getting smashed around the ball until he started winning clearances and releasing our runners which turned the game. Don’t think he was a clear BOG just imo.
Yeah I'm just harsh on him, for his standard that was an 'average' game.

His best is the best in the league I think and has been for a couple of years.

Im not sure hes put it all together in a game just yet. Even his grand final there were things he could have done better. Scary thought.

Speaking of putting it all together in a game...I dont think we will ever see better games from Gawn (prelim vs Geelong) and Oliver (round 23 vs Geelong) again. If they top them that would be something special. I reckon Trac has a 5 goal 35 touches 8 marks in him yet. Pickett has an utterly ridiculous one in him too, could kick 8, could do a 35 and 5 also.

mores

Team Captain
Sep 22, 2016
AFL Club
Melbourne
Speaking of putting it all together in a game...I dont think we will ever see better games from Gawn (prelim vs Geelong) and Oliver (round 23 vs Geelong) again. If they top them that would be something special. I reckon Trac has a 5 goal 35 touches 8 marks in him yet. Pickett has an utterly ridiculous one in him too, could kick 8, could do a 35 and 5 also.
You are dreaming

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
Gawn for sure, has to be one of the best games a Dee has ever played ( shut up mores) Oliver I'm waiting on for a final

Trac could play a Ricciuto type game, kick 7 whilst physically dominating everyone and Pickett... Anything. He has a 30 disposal game where every single one is high high damage.

Meds

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Gawn for sure, has to be one of the best games a Dee has ever played ( shut up mores) Oliver I'm waiting on for a final

Trac could play a Ricciuto type game, kick 7 whilst physically dominating everyone and Pickett... Anything. He has a 30 disposal game where every single one is high high damage.
Pickett could easily add 10 tackles to that game as well.

May 27, 2006
This is the location section. 🤗
AFL Club
Melbourne
Kade "KADE CHANDLER" Chandler in the votes for round three. Would love to know the coach breakdown here.

9 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
7 Christian Petracca (MELB)
6 Ed Langdon (MELB)
6 Brodie Grundy (MELB)
1 Lachie Hunter (MELB)
1 Kade Chandler (MELB)

Kade "KADE CHANDLER" Chandler in the votes for round three. Would love to know the coach breakdown here.

9 Clayton Oliver (MELB)
7 Christian Petracca (MELB)
6 Ed Langdon (MELB)
6 Brodie Grundy (MELB)
1 Lachie Hunter (MELB)
1 Kade Chandler (MELB)

Time to pay as much respect to the coaches award as the Brownlow, im glad Clayton got 9 Votes but * me, Trac with 7, taking the piss.

Jun 14, 2015
In a house with a sausage dog Trevor
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Power
... eight more disposals than anyone on the ground, tied for the most clearances with 6, couple of goal assists (as much as anyone else)... I know "stop looking at stats!" and all but it seems reasonable enough that someone would rate his game. Didn't get in my votes fwiw but he wasn't terrible. Maybe we judge him a bit harsh because he could be the best player in the game.

Can't argue with the rest of the votes, any number of players could have got a single. JVR and May prolly a bit stiff though because they did some stuff that looks good on highlight videos

... eight more disposals than anyone on the ground, tied for the most clearances with 6, couple of goal assists (as much as anyone else)... I know "stop looking at stats!" and all but it seems reasonable enough that someone would rate his game. Didn't get in my votes fwiw but he wasn't terrible. Maybe we judge him a bit harsh because he could be the best player in the game.

Can't argue with the rest of the votes, any number of players could have got a single. JVR and May prolly a bit stiff though because they did some stuff that looks good on highlight videos

I think a good sign of how well a player performed is how much you noticed them, and despite Trac leading the possession count I barely noticed a thing he did. Was shocked that he had the most on the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back