Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
WHEN CAN I PLAY? READ BELOW:
  • PlayStation (Physical): Thursday 4 May
  • PlayStation (Digital): 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May
  • Steam: Currently 8:01am AEST Thursday 4 May, may be moved to 12:01am AEST
  • Xbox (Digital or Physical): TO BE CONFIRMED, unlikely to be 4 May

Those that pre-ordered PS versions will be able to play on Thursday, disks will have already been mailed by retailers, they will also be available in-store.

Steam will also be available Thursday.

Stating the obvious, we are still having issues with XBox.

Seriously, anyone that looks hard knows there’s issues - why do you think there are so many exclusives for a particular platform that are not marked as exclusive, but are only on that platform.

If I took that road, life would have been a lot easier.

Xbox digital and retail will release at the same time - that is not a decision we get to make.

It applies now and I will no doubt pay a price.

Re: commentary team
Hamish is still there, Daisy didn't make it into the final version of the game.

We added Gary and increased the workload of Harf.

Re: game availability/release dates
I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Clarifying, the game will not release prior to 4 May 2023.

I am vague as there is one platform that has had sufficient stock at retailers and the other has not, and I cannot name them (contractual reasons).

The game will not be further delayed because of the numbers of units in stock.

Re: Steam listing
I've already put in a request for the screenshots to be replaced with current ones, they'll probably only be there for a day.

As much as the feedback has generally been positive, these are old, meant to be placeholder only and were not meant to go live.

Re: playing lists
All playing lists are accurate for the 2023 season.

Re: content creator footage
This is all prior to day one patch (as some have noted updates like numbers etc are apparent)

Re: Career mode
A head's up on Career mode.

At the AFL 23 Launch night I mentioned the non-team based Individual Career Mode in an interview with Dean (Twistie3). As alluded to at that same event, we were working with the AFL and AFLPA to include as many past legends in the game as possible.

The great news is that we have received approval for far more AFL legends than were previously envisaged, but this has meant that we had to make the tough decision to divert resources away from the Individual Career mode development. The individual Career Mode function will not make it into AFL 23, Career Mode will be entirely team based. I expect this mode to be include in future iterations of the game.

Re: microtransactions
You do not have to make purchases, things can be earned.

Re: general development
So fundamentally flawed, in so many ways, it’s bananas.

We are doing AFL as it’s a passion project, without us doing it there would not be one being made.

So much more upside with making games that are played internationally, let alone one that will not even be played in every state in this country.

Last edited:
No you’re wrong ahaha, both my JB and EB didn’t get the new COD in stores till the day before release date last year, As I said they can end up in stores anytime before the release day as long as they are in stores before may 4th.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
Explain this then
It needs to be at retailers at least 7 days prior to release. It's not here yet, that why we have said it can't make it, we are 7 days from release.

if it lands after Easter, plus custom clearance (how long? who knows at this point?), then shipping to us, then shipping to retailers, rather than set a date that might not be met and give a second delay, we set an achievable date.

Okay, does Ross mean the games have to be at a retailers distribution centre 7 days prior to release?
Might just be the deal that EB/JB had with BA/Nacon? Not often a game is only getting released at those 2 retailers only and nobody else (bar digital) so they probably have different agreements than the big games like COD etc. Maybe when stock was looking flaky, they set a ground rule saying they needed 7 days minimum to get stock from warehouse to store, thus the rule was created. Ross wouldnt throw the 7 day thing out there if it’s a blatant lie, and he certainly would be in the know a lot more than any of us on what the exclusive retailers conditions were

I remember Ross saying that digital will launch a few hours before the physical copies release, id almost check the PS Store and Xbox Stores at 12:01am every morning to see whether or not it has launched or not
Or midnight UK time if not midnight here (so like 9amish)

So given that it's "potentially" going to be an issue, no harm in on lookers asking questions. Better to ask a question on a potential issue than ignore it all together. Even if the screenshot is old, it doesn't mean bugs still aren't present.
It's ok to ask questions, it is a grind though when it's not a question but a statement like "I can't beleive xxxxxx is in the game/happening/isn't happening" then the pile on stating the same.

There will be bugs for sure, we will patch them, but screenshots are not great at showing anything except graphical fidelity.

Might just be the deal that EB/JB had with BA/Nacon? Not often a game is only getting released at those 2 retailers only and nobody else (bar digital) so they probably have different agreements than the big games like COD etc. Maybe when stock was looking flaky, they set a ground rule saying they needed 7 days minimum to get stock from warehouse to store, thus the rule was created. Ross wouldnt throw the 7 day thing out there if it’s a blatant lie, and he certainly would be in the know a lot more than any of us on what the exclusive retailers conditions were
Video Games need to be at retailers 7 days prior to release date or you cop a fine, often they have the right to even reduce or cancel their order. Fact.

It's ok to ask questions, it is a grind though when it's not a question but a statement like "I can't beleive xxxxxx is in the game/happening/isn't happening" then the pile on stating the same.

There will be bugs for sure, we will patch them, but screenshots are not great at showing anything except graphical fidelity.
You’re quite right there Rossco
How about some gameplay footage RN to prove this ?
Just an idea 👀

Video Games need to be at retailers 7 days prior to release date or you cop a fine, often they have the right to even reduce or cancel their order. Fact.
If that's the case then there's only 2 days left until copies are due to be at retailers in time for a May 4th launch, right?
I am getting increasingly concerned with the prospect of a 2nd delay.

No one knows if there will be a delay yet and if there is another delay it isnt Ross’ fault so we shouldnt have people peppering him if there is

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also, anyone else like the idea of having crowd setting in quickplay such as Grand Final, Big Game, TAC Cup, Small interstate game that sort of thing

Is this a new industry rule? Genuinely surprised by this. I worked at a games retailer a decade ago and for that years most anticipated release (GTA V) we only got copies 2 days in advance 😨

I can never give 100% guarantee about anything in the future, but as it stands today, the statement I am prepared to make it that all stock that is at retailers on 4 May will be available for sale.

As to the amount that will be there for sale, and whether it is enough, that is a question I cannot answer.

It will be made digitally available on the various platform holder electronic stores.

Is this a new industry rule? Genuinely surprised by this. I worked at a games retailer a decade ago and for that years most anticipated release (GTA V) we only got copies 2 days in advance 😨
We're not GTA - they couldn't get enough copies of that game, they'd be mad to try and push them around.

4th of May cant come quick enough!

Does that mean we can officially rule out an early release?

Is this referring to stock on the shelf for non pre-order buyers?

I would assume all pre-orders will be stocked, but the ambiguity of that statement makes me slightly worried haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back