West Coast - time for a rebuild?

How is Eddie Betts remembered?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Find the talk of “it’s going to get worse when the old blokes leave” interesting considering they never play and when they do it’s usually not great.

There is only improvement in this team from here.

Yes it will be like having an extra 10 players on your list when they leave as they’re permanently injured.

Don’t worry bout just a rebuild the entire club needs to be blown up and started again with a full clean out of management
In inevitable narcissistic style Nisbitts held on too long and can’t let go.

But as usual instead of reflection from within (no doubt at nissys request)all the WA media have reported on is how many players want out of Fremantle, nothing , nada , zilch heat on WC pathetic performances.

Don’t worry bout just a rebuild the entire club needs to be blown up and started again with a full clean out of management
In inevitable narcissistic style Nisbitts held on too long and can’t let go.

But as usual instead of reflection from within (no doubt at nissys request)all the WA media have reported on is how many players want out of Fremantle, nothing , nada , zilch heat on WC pathetic performances.
Uhhhhhh

we're trying to rebuild but our framework keeps getting blown over and our old bricks are not what they used to be.

Hoping we have some luck on the weather front over the next 2 years so we can see how solid the bones of the new place will be.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app
Sounds like you need a more reputable builder then!

May I suggest this guy?…..

1683938199902.jpeg

The rebuild has started. It’s unfortunate the squad has been obliterated by injures for the good part of two seasons now, and are playing guys from the outer reaches of their list.

I don’t see how you could have other expectations than a bottom 4 finish. So why move on from Simmo?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But as usual instead of reflection from within (no doubt at nissys request)all the WA media have reported on is how many players want out of Fremantle, nothing , nada , zilch heat on WC pathetic peperformances.
That's certainly one way of interpreting reality 🤣

In answer to the OP I think we need a rebuild yes. Simpson will get a few more years to oversee the start of it and then be moved on.

Nisbett is well past his used by date and should already be gone.

I reckon they split pick 1 into multiple picks to help the rebuild

Instead of Reid the flight risk who may leave straight away ala JHF
If Reid is as good as they say we draft him. I don't think this time we care about flight risk BS.

There too much of that last few years and clubs use it to draft tamper. Its time we just draft regardless. This is a National Comp isn't it.

Players need to deal with it or let's just not have a National Comp. Stick with VFL and be done with it.

They look as Melbourne during our dark years.

We ended up Splitting Pick 2 in 2013 for multiple picks/players which fast tracked our rebuild. Eagles should consider the same if the offer was right.

We ended up Splitting Pick 2 in 2013 for multiple picks/players which fast tracked our rebuild. Eagles should consider the same if the offer was right.
Melbourne experts won't dictate what the Eagles do. We split last year and if Harley Reid is as good as they say we won't this time around.

That spin that's happening in Vic doing the rounds is up. Yes we needed it last season but not this year we won't. Times now right for Eagles to go with what's best for them. Splitting picks isn't right if you have an outstanding number 1 draft pick.

We take the next superstar and build around it. We know we are not instantly going to come good. Splitting picks can be stupid if you fail the second pick which is likely going by history.

How many top 10 picks end up making it. I'd say only 6 do and 4 end up being s**t.
Is not worth the risk. Eagles will draft Reid and be done with it.

Did it?

2 + 20 + 72 for Dom Tyson + Pick 9 + 53.

Salem is a good pick up but Dom Tyson played less than 100 games before being traded and pretty sure that pick 53 became Jay Kennedy Harris who played less than 50 games before being delisted. Vince was traded in for the priority pick you received.

I think Josh Kelly would've accelerated the rebuild as well as being better long term, same reason I feel West Coast will be better off keeping pick 1.

Melbourne experts won't dictate what the Eagles do. We split last year and if Harley Reid is as good as they say we won't this time around.
That spin that's happening in Vic doing the rounds is up. Yes we needed it last season but not this year we won't. Times now right for Eagles to go with what's best for them. Splitting picks isn't right if you have an outstanding number 1 draft pick.

We take the next superstar and build around it. We know we are not instantly going to come good. Splitting picks can be stupid if you fail the second pick which is likely going by history.

How many top 10 picks end up making it. I'd say only 6 do and 4 end up being s**t.
Is not worth the risk. Eagles will draft Reid and be done with it.

We thought Jack Watts would save us as well.

On face value you need multiple young players to fast track your list, if the offer is something similar to what Adelaide offered North Melbourne a couple of years ago you would be crazy not to consider it.

Back