West Coast - time for a rebuild?

How is Eddie Betts remembered?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

He's either playing through injury, or cooked. Probably both.

And Clark is still worse than he is.

Clark could at least get an extended run as an inside mid as his preferred position.

Gaff is in his preferred position.

And if it’s “injury” he’s been injured for a long time because the run and carry has long gone from his game.

Plus only 1 less touch in 35 minutes of footy.

Clark could at least get an extended run as an inside mid as his preferred position.

Gaff is in his preferred position.

And if it’s “injury” he’s been injured for a long time because the run and carry has long gone from his game.

Plus only 1 less touch in 35 minutes of footy.
Did you miss the part where I said he's cooked?

And Clark is just a WAFL level player, same as West. While those three are in the team - along with Sheed, who doesn't have a defensive side to his game - we're gonna have a bad time.

Did you miss the part where I said he's cooked?

And Clark is just a WAFL level player, same as West. While those three are in the team - along with Sheed, who doesn't have a defensive side to his game - we're gonna have a bad time.

You said he was injured or cooked, and then said he was better than Clark.

Anyway I’m not going to sink the boots in until next week, if there is any side who gets ahead of themselves it’s us 🤣

Oscar Allen is the only up trending star on the list.

At 25 before the start of next season, he would have to be considering his options as opposed to spending his footballing life in the wilderness.

You could make an argument that the Eagles are the worst non-expansion team since Fitzroy. Up there with Melbourne, North and Carlton eras. Certainty if
they don't get their act together soon.

they are that bad. No idea how Simpson has a job. For the last 2 years, they have been trash yet they have been excused for it. what was it? 33 losses in 36
games. That is historically very very bad with a lot more losses to come this season.

They are looking at 3-4 wins in 2 seasons with a % of under 60.

You could make an argument that the Eagles are the worst non-expansion team since Fitzroy. Up there with Melbourne, North and Carlton eras. Certainty if
they don't get their act together soon.

they are that bad. No idea how Simpson has a job. For the last 2 years, they have been trash yet they have been excused for it. what was it? 33 losses in 36
games. That is historically very very bad with a lot more losses to come this season.

They are looking at 3-4 wins in 2 seasons with a % of under 60.
He has a three year deal and we our licence is owned the WAFC, so we aren't eligible for the $500k cap on his payout.

Two and a half years would be due to be paid out in full directly taken out of our soft cap.

Absolutely.

After using up every excuse in the book covid /injuries/flu/optus surface/hubs/solar eclipses/mean Victorians/el Nino/nic nats baby/dean margetts returement /Fremantle/Jackson Nelson’s retirement etc it ll simply be back to the ol
“Oh I don’t really follow the football these days “

every excuse? Eagles can just have a look across town and crib a few of the bs excuses from down the road…afl hates them, the media is full of ex-eagles, etc etc

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Andrew Gaff should never play another game for WC again.

On the broadcast they said he was the worst ranked kick in the league for players with over 50 kicks.

And then he ruined all momentum every time (which wasn’t often) he got the ball with dinky sideways kicks.

He doesn’t win the hard ball. He doesn’t create. He doesn’t tackle. He doesn’t break lines. He doesn’t advance the ball forward and he doesn’t push back to force contests in the back 50.

And to top it off he’s 30 years old in one of the worst sides to play.

I know they have a huge injury list but I’d genuinely play Hewett or Clark over him. Send Gaff back to the WAFL. With Turner dropped from North, Gaff has to be the most useless player in the comp getting a regular game.

I think most would agree with you. It would be nice to see what would happen with 35 players to pick from in terms of who Simpson actually rates.

How has the Coach not been sacked yet?? Surly its a lost course to keep him some fresh ideas and personnel would be better than the garbage dished up atm. Club can't go on like it is major broom needed through the club too!

im very much in the it’s time camp, but who would we replace him with?

im very much in the it’s time camp, but who would we replace him with?

The whole Club needs an entire clean out and refresh, from the board down to Nesbett and Adam Simpson.

Although I would wait until the end of the season before such drastic moves.

How has the Coach not been sacked yet?? Surly its a lost course to keep him some fresh ideas and personnel would be better than the garbage dished up atm. Club can't go on like it is major broom needed through the entre club too!
Would absolutely crucify them:

Would have to pay him out in full as the footy commission owns the Eags not the VFL.
Also would count in their soft cap which would hinder them being able to afford staff.

As a dockers fan, i hope they do it.

Back