List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The risk with this guy is all on the downside, unfortunately.
2 for 2 so far. No point bagging him over things that haven't happened.
Hawthorn wobbly
Richmond rebuild
Carlton in trouble
Some interesting FA's
GWS in trouble with SC.

Opportunities everywhere. Highly doubt it's just Carlton.
One real Carlton player, Hammer was not on a list.

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Ben McKay would be my plan A, B and C..

Yes this is very true. He did SFA with his cheap possessions on the weekend, and his disposal was poor, however he can get the ball.
Dow for Jones? Reckon we would be at least on par.

We d want to get him pretty cheap . I’ve just gone thru his stats when he has played a few games and everything was Below average.
So if it’s based on his seconds form we should be wary .
Also if he is a good player and Carlton end up out of the finals race , surely they will play him to pump up his trade value.
You’d imagine he ll get some games from this year .

Ben McKay would be my plan A, B and C..
Another Dougal hater

Unimpressed Uh Huh GIF

I had a friend once - in the 70's when I was a kid, who changed from supporting the Saints and going over to the Blues.
Our friendship did not survive this turn of events. He was French so perhaps it was for the best anyway ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There’s a reason why they tried to get Cripps as the first option.

What I don’t understand is what Allen does?
Is his job to mop up after SOS has shat the bed?

Why are there two people ostensibly looking after the list?
Good point about Allen been there for a long time and done very little

As a list manager, SOS is a great fullback.
Ask youself is Ross was coaching Carlton where would they be or how good would they be, it all comes down to development & selection of coaches like Bolton,Teague & now Voss all no good.

Insert Walsh,Cerra, in 2015 he got Charlie Curnow,Weitering & McKay ,TDK i think he's done as well as any recruiter, it's what you do with the players at the club that counts.

Yes he has a tendency to trade for established players but all clubs do.

Ask youself is Ross was coaching Carlton where would they be or how good would they be, it all comes down to development & selection of coaches like Bolton,Teague & now Voss all no good.

Insert Walsh,Cerra, in 2015 he got Charlie Curnow,Weitering & McKay ,TDK i think he's done as well as any recruiter, it's what you do with the players at the club that counts.

Yes he has a tendency to trade for established players but all clubs do.
Don't think its that tough a gig to be able to pick players who everyone else thinks are first round picks when you've had a shedful of first round picks.

Weitering and Walsh were standout Pick 1's, McKay and Curnow were always considered Top 10. Luckily for SOS they had 3 picks before Pick 12 in 2015 draft year.

I reckon I could do it just as well myself with the Picks SOS had to work with.

Don't think its that tough a gig to be able to pick players who everyone else thinks are first round picks when you've had a shedful of first round picks.

Weitering and Walsh were standout Pick 1's, McKay and Curnow were always considered Top 10. Luckily for SOS they had 3 picks before Pick 12 in 2015 draft year.

I reckon I could do it just as well myself with the Picks SOS had to work with.
Still ask yourself how would Ross go with that list, they would be top 4 not the cattle it's the coach so if thats the case he's done a good job at what he's recruited.

I'd love to recruit another running HB
that frees Sinclair into the middle. You get your close to elite player on ball but don't lose drive off HBF.

The defence looked amazing early when we were defending the field better. We need others to tighten up further up the field. Expose any defence in today's footy and you are up against it. Howard would need to be replaced with an upgrade and I'm not sure where you get one. McKay is so injury prone and would cost a heap of cap space. That's if North don't match as well and send it to a trade.
That’ll be Coffield. 🤞🏼

Yes this is very true. He did SFA with his cheap possessions on the weekend, and his disposal was poor, however he can get the ball.
Dow for Jones? Reckon we would be at least on par.

We need ready made depth. You can't be vulnerable to Steele or Crouch going down if you are expecting finals. We have nothing in reserve except Bytel and Windhager. Neither look ready to seamlessly step in if a main mid goes down.

People give me s**t about it but Dunstan walking out probably cost Ratts his job. We never recovered from Steele and Gresham getting injured last year and only needed 1 more win and percentage to play finals. Try sacking him then.

Cruel twist of fate that Ratts' war with Dunny cost him his job potentially. Dow covers Lyon for that, worth it just for depth at a minimum. Not many sides run such a spartan back up midfield division and a big part of Sandy lacking a bit of competitiveness.

That said he's improved as a player and can run. Otherwise someone like Matt Crouch or Mathieson who can walk into the best 22 to cover injury is a need.

I didn't realise that about TDK but it's good that the interest has been from others in the recruiting department as well.

Last year he looked on track to be a star, his stocks have dropped this year due to Voss' handling of him and poor form. If he came at a reasonable trade value and wage he'd be a good get, if we have to over-pay we should walk. I still think he's high potential but you don't overpay on potential.

None of my Carlton mates think he did anything remotely outstanding.

My family and brother in law are all Carlton supporters. The place is an unstable mess, he was operating under extreme scrutiny and with limited freedom with his decision making. They want people to pretend to do their jobs while others make decisions and the factions can then blame their operatives who wear the consequences. Anything that goes on inside Carlton shouldn't be held against the staff trying to do their job.

Voss will be earning every cent trying to manage the executive while running the footy department. I thought Brian Cook had the gravitas to push back but that place is like Afghanistan, tribal warlords out to kill each other over petty claims of a dowry being a couple of goats and a carpet short back in 2003.

Good point about Allen been there for a long time and done very little

I was told he was like someone from another era the way he operates. Perhaps he's got a bit more modern.

At least give him a go.
Hammer
Stocker, have both been a big hit.
Agree though that things look dodgy if we got Dow AND TDK.
Hammer, Stocker and Dow would be moneyball, TDK would be a bad move
But if we got
Dow for cheap
MacKay FA
and Whitfield plus a high first as a salary dump, it would be a good haul, especially with the two FRDP's.

Is this Whitfield and a high 1stRP total bullsh*t or what?

Would be the bargain of the century and seems way too good to be true

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back