List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part I

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
O'Driscoll looks very good. I'd gladly swap if it's not too late.

Zac Bailey instead of Clark and Coff would be okay in hindsight.

I also wanted Worpol that year, would have had him in for Clavarino.

Anyone who is good enough to play AFL is better. They weren't even trying that year.

Trade out 2 or more of the following:
Billings - 2nd
Clark - late 1st, early 2nd
Gresham (RFA) - late 1st or match
Membrey - 2nd

Delist approximately 4 of:
Bytel
Connolly
Highmore
Jones
McKenzie.

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app
Trade out 3 or more of the following:
Billings - 3rd/4th
Gresham (RFA) - late 1st or match
Membrey - 2nd

Delist approximately 4 of:
Connolly
Highmore
Jones
McKenzie
Ross

Anyone who is good enough to play AFL is better. They weren't even trying that year.

The one where we traded in picks to chase mature guys like Parker, Hind and Young to go with a broken down Hanners was like tearing up your paycheque. I think it was 2018. King saved it and Bytel is still on the list at least.

The one where we traded in picks to chase mature guys like Parker, Hind and Young to go with a broken down Hanners was like tearing up your paycheque. I think it was 2018. King saved it and Bytel is still on the list at least.
Wilkie goes alright too

We never traded picks for Parker or Hind. You're drunk or worse.

I'm not sure it was so bad but If you can make heads or tails of the goings on around our pick trades that year then you deserve a phd.
In hindsight l don't think it hurt us. The 2018 draft was poo after the 1st round.

That looks rough on Billings! I'd be keeping him for that price, or sweetening the deal from our end.

On Pixel 6a using BigFooty.com mobile app
I've long advocated for JB's departure.
I started when he would bring a 1st, and watched him drop in value since. Honestly l doubt you'd find a club willing to take him on at this point.

I'm not sure it was so bad but If you can make heads or tails of the goings on around our pick trades that year then you deserve a phd.
In hindsight l don't think it hurt us. The 2018 draft was poo after the 1st round.

Jacob Koschiske, Answerth, Connor Idun, Curtis Taylor, Cavarra, McInerney, Jack Ross, Vandermeer, Lauchie Shultz, Lachie Scholl, Darcy Fort, Brett Bewley etc. I reckon that was a pretty good one, not many stars but heaps of solid talent. Heaps are still developing and not the finished article at that age.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Injuries aren't the issue, the midfield just isn't good enough.

Steele not being 100% hurts but losing Clark wouldn't have made a difference. After that we've been rolling with the same guys (Crouch, Ross, Gresham) for 3 years.

Moving Sinclair in their just means we lose our drive off half back

It's time to admit that this midfield will not get us anywhere and inject some youth.
I agree, three years is enough to work this out, need elite midfielders if we want to go higher up the food chain,

Not sure what it says, but our most consistent players this season are ones we've given a second chance to (Wood, Stocker), Rookie Picks (Wilkie, Sinclair) or are in the first couple of seasons (Owens, Nas).

We've been saying it for years, we need more players who can execute basic skills and make good decisions. Hawks yesterday nailed so many 20m pin point kicks that it made them look so slick and meanwhile, I wouldn't trust two thirds of our list to hit a pin point target like that in a game to save my life.

Ross has never been one to worry abutout accuracy of kicks and disposals.

hope not. however, i think we need elite mid-fielders otherwise we will continue to be where we are at now.

I got laughed at for suggesting chasing Tom Mitchell last year. Another inside bull would be handy. Matt Crouch on $400k in reserve would be handy. He was better than Brad when the Crows were playing off in a flag and younger.

I got laughed at for suggesting chasing Tom Mitchell last year. Another inside bull would be handy. Matt Crouch on $400k in reserve would be handy. He was better than Brad when the Crows were playing off in a flag and younger.
Mitchell wouldn’t have been free though. That would have been at the cost of one or two of the kids we took in last years draft.

And then we would have had one extra 29/30 year old mid that would be taking time away from the kids we desperately need to develop.

Pies were a kick off playing in a grand final so it made sense for them to go after him. We area fair way off that.

About Billings,we all agree he is creative and a beautiful field kick but s**t set shot in front of goals. He however also bobs up and kicks goals and can take a contested grab.
Sinclair was lost playing everywhere on the field and then he would pop up and kick a goal. Once he went to HBF and straight lined the ball, being small and was excellent below his knees we know where that experiment went. AA.

Could we do the same with JB play him off hb and play more on instinct? Over the last few years, when he has the ball he looks worried to do the wrong thing so he does those 30m dinky kicks which is death in today's football.
He has the talent, he has suffered from poor coaching I reckon. I feel that what we would get in the marketplace is less than what he can give us by staying.

At this stage Paddy Dow is in exactly the same position as JB, high draft pick been in system for a while not getting a gig. JB has played more outstanding games than Dow so a swap does not work for me. Just because Stocker worked does not mean that is the formula for success with Dow, same with Flanders. There is a reason why they are not playing you have to be pretty certain of yourself to take a player from a club because you know better, rather than the club that sees them day in day out at training etc. Having said that, clubs and coaches do pigeon hole players just we must be very very certain.

I think that JB is a better option than Paton at HB and is worth an experiment. HHF there are a few competing for the same spot, Membrey, Owens, Hayes when he gets back as well as the 3 smalls, Butler Higgins and Gresh.

Would prefer to let Gresh go for a FRDP compensation than JB who probably is a very late pick if at all.

Need to see what Ollie Hotton brings to the table as that may makes this decision a bit easier.

We really really need another quick outside mid which neither Gresh nor JB are.

On SM-S916B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back