Obscure TV shows you can remember from the past..

Remove this Banner Ad

I think I watched way too many American shows in the 80's and 90's...

Dream on - which had movie clips from old movies inserted into it to describe how the guy was feeling.

Live In - some family with an Aussie nanny. Even more obscure, the Nanny was Lisa Patrick who later went on to host Australia's funniest home videos. Only 8 episodes made.

Silver Spoons
The Larry Sanders Show
Ferris Bueller - Jennifer Aniston was in it
You can't do that on television

These few aren't really that obscure...
CHiPS
Webster
Punky Brewster

I remember Lisa Patrick, she has that really dodgy ocker Aussie accent, think she might have been in Facts of Life as well.

Someone mentioned "Home", i can recall that, early to mid 80's i think. Average ABC drama, not bad.

Theres another one i remember called The Beachcombers that used to be on the ABC as well, was Canadian i think.

Theres a couple other shows i can think of but dont actually know their titles though. One was in mid 80 when Bill Hunter played a govt Conservation worker, used to be on around 10 oclock on a Friday night.

The other one was on commercial tv in mid to late 80's, i think it was called Lottery or Lotto or something, about this guy who used to inform people they'd won big money, and they'd show how it changed the winner's life, quite liked that show actually. Was on a Saturday night i think.

My Secret Identity - A show with a younger Jerry O'Connell where he has "amazing" super powers. I think he could fly by spraying aerosol cans.

tvtimes_msi_150.jpg

I was gonna say that damn it!

I nominate Vidiot

Haha theres been some dodgy quiz shows on the ABC over the years, there was another called "The Great Aussie Quiz Show" or something like that.

I can remember a quiz show on ch 10 around 1987 all about TV trivia (Saturday nights as competition for Hey Hey i think), but i just cant remember who hosted it :mad: Think it lastest only a few episodes.

How about Ernie Sigley as host of that talent show in the 80's :D

How about this one "Let the Blood Run Free", the dodgiest set ever, Dorothy Conivingbitch and Orderly Warren Cronkshonk (Pete Rowsthorn).

Anyone remember "Square Pegs"?- a fantastic high school comedy series from the early-mid 80s starring Sarah Jessica Parker and Jami Gertz, with great cameos from bands like Devo and the Waitresses, and also Bill Murray in at least one episode.
I don't think it has been replayed at all in the last 20 years....I haven't seen it o DVD anywhere either.

Hahaha Vidiot - it was hosted by a Dougie the pizza boy lookalike was it not? Following that show "The Ferals" was on - it was great. Until probably about 96 or 97 they cut it to a 5-minute sketch called "Feral TV" which was nothing on the full-length show.

Probably not obscure in the 80s but to me it was - they used to show repeats of a show called Perfect Strangers in the late 90s/early 2000s with some guys called Larry and Balki.

Hey capitalist- the show you're looking for is "Victor and Hugo"

The robot show i think was Robo Story, that cartoon was on the ABC with a few different ones every day like Karate Kat and Street Sharks

was only thinking about metal mickey the other day for some reason "When i boogie, everybody boogies!!"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can remember a quiz show on ch 10 around 1987 all about TV trivia (Saturday nights as competition for Hey Hey i think), but i just cant remember who hosted it :mad: Think it lastest only a few episodes.

Don't remember the name of it but i think it was the one with Richard Stubbs & Bridget Duclos.

Its funny watching the early morning repeats of some kids shows on Ch9 - a lot of the recent crop of H&A + Neighbours stars are on. Just that they followed each other from acting gig to acting gig.

Don't remember the name of it but i think it was the one with Richard Stubbs & Bridget Duclos.
I doubt it was Bridget Duclos.Back then she would've just been a reporter on ch10 news.

The only thing I can find on IMDB on Richard Stubbs that might be what you're thinking of is While You're Down There.No idea what that show is.

Hey capitalist- the show you're looking for is "Victor and Hugo"

The robot show i think was Robo Story, that cartoon was on the ABC with a few different ones every day like Karate Kat and Street Sharks

was only thinking about metal mickey the other day for some reason "When i boogie, everybody boogies!!"

thats the one !! Victor and Hugo was damn funny !!

what about Robotech ? or the Samurai Pizza Cats :thumbsu:

Ocean Girl
Professor Balthazar
Secret Squirrel
Simon Townsend's Wonder World
Shirl's Neighborhood
Greatest American Hero
Perfect Strangers
Fraggle Rock

Don't know if perfect strangers is obscure ,it was a huge hit in the 80's. Good call though it's a classic!

Shazam
Sledgehammer
Inch high private eye
Valley of the dinosaurs
Sigmund and the sea monsters

Its funny watching the early morning repeats of some kids shows on Ch9 - a lot of the recent crop of H&A + Neighbours stars are on. Just that they followed each other from acting gig to acting gig.

Yeah it was Richard Stubbs, not so sure about Bridge Duclos though.

Is this it ?

The Great TV Game Show

It sounds like a cross between theatre sports and Whose Line Is It Anyway.It was on in 1989.

Ocean Girl
Professor Balthazar
Secret Squirrel
Simon Townsend's Wonder World
Shirl's Neighborhood
Greatest American Hero
Perfect Strangers
Fraggle Rock
Was a big SS fan. And of Atom Ant as well. :thumbsu:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back