Oppo Camp Non-Eagles Discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, let me get this straight.Some of the complainants were not even indigenous? So... this is an issue that some ex-players and their partners had with Hawthorn (Clarkson et al), some of whom were indigenous and some of whom weren't? So why is this being treated as racially motivated?

Have I got this right??

Was to much for slobbo to get his head around

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Jason Burt has come out swinging pretty hard.

It's sounding more and more like the complainants are dysfunctional and someone got in their ear about how they could kick up a stink and make some cash. I hope they either piss off or go the civil litigation route so they have to put their names and stories forward for judgement.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The Moriori were the 'first nations' people of NZ not the Maori's. The Maori's proceeded to wipe almost all of them out. So TBH the Maori's can STFU because they were the ones who committed actual genocide in NZ.
Wiki says otherwise

The Moriori are the native Polynesian people of the Chatham Islands (Rēkohu in Moriori; Wharekauri in Māori), New Zealand. Moriori originated from Māori settlers from the New Zealand mainland around 1500 CE.[3] This was near the time of the shift from the archaic to classic Māori culture on the main islands of New Zealand.[4][5] Oral tradition records multiple waves of migration to the Chatham Islands, starting in the 16th century.[6][7] Over several centuries these settlers' culture diverged from mainland Māori, developing a distinctive language (which started as a dialect but gradually became only partially mutually intelligible with Māori), mythology, artistic expression and way of life.[8] Currently there are around 700 people who identify as Moriori, most of whom no longer live on the Chatham Islands.[9] During the late 19th century some prominent anthropologists mistakenly proposed that Moriori were pre-Māori settlers of mainland New Zealand, and possibly Melanesian in origin.[10][11]

Wiki says otherwise

The Moriori are the native Polynesian people of the Chatham Islands (Rēkohu in Moriori; Wharekauri in Māori), New Zealand. Moriori originated from Māori settlers from the New Zealand mainland around 1500 CE.[3] This was near the time of the shift from the archaic to classic Māori culture on the main islands of New Zealand.[4][5] Oral tradition records multiple waves of migration to the Chatham Islands, starting in the 16th century.[6][7] Over several centuries these settlers' culture diverged from mainland Māori, developing a distinctive language (which started as a dialect but gradually became only partially mutually intelligible with Māori), mythology, artistic expression and way of life.[8] Currently there are around 700 people who identify as Moriori, most of whom no longer live on the Chatham Islands.[9] During the late 19th century some prominent anthropologists mistakenly proposed that Moriori were pre-Māori settlers of mainland New Zealand, and possibly Melanesian in origin.[10][11]

Carbon dating suggests otherwise. As does the testimony of the last full blooded Moriori (whom my grandfather had close ties to)

While the Chatham island Moriori were a group of settlers there was a relatively large group of peoples who were already in NZ before the Maori's. They get bundled in with the Chatham Island Moriori's due to politics, the fact that they were wiped out and due to settlements reached with the NZ government in regards to land rights amongst a whole list of other things.

It is up there with how disgusting Malaysia is with rewriting their entire history over the past 20 years.

Wiki says otherwise

I can edit wiki - we need to be careful

Dodo birds were only found on Mauritius

And apparently they didn't even taste that good, but the greedy Dutch just couldn't stop eating them.

Man I hate the Dutch.

I can edit wiki - we need to be careful
Case in point...

Case in point...

Some pages are more rigorously moderated than others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back