AFL AFL Futures 2023

Remove this Banner Ad

A bit of a top up on the Saints to win the Flag in 2023 at $50

I believe this price is a great price for a team currently 5th heading into their fixture tonight.

I think they will be good for Richmond tonight.

Money GIF

Have none

Have to stop Pies, Port, Dees, Brissy and Cats who are clearly better sides
Brisbane start favourites against the Saints next week. I dont think Brisbane were that good last night against the Swans. And Im not sold on Brisbanes form away from the GABBA.

Think Saints a good price to take, if your looking for a trade possibly within the next 2-3 weeks. I could see it shortening to around the mid 25-30 .

Brisbane are the risky team to make the Top 4 for me. That run home looks tough. I wouldnt even say beating Gold Coast in 2023 on their home deck is a 'banker' as it was in the past. Remaining fixtures:

Rd 18 Melbourne MCG
Rd 19 Geelong (H)
Rd 20 Gold Coast (Gold Coast)
Rd 21 Freo (Perth)
Rd 22 Adelaide (H)
Rd 23 Collingwood MCG
Rd 24 St.Kilda (H)

This may be looking into a bit into the future but that Rd 24 match could be a look in at who makes the Top 4.

Also well done to those that got on early for the Pies to win the flags in '97 and 2000. đź‘Ť

Those first 5 weeks of 2000 was awesome. The next 17 not so much.

Betting on Pies isn't that great as you know bookies will always bet unders as they know supporters aren't price sensitive. Common occurence across all the big sports.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Giants flag@$251 TAB

Odds will come in. The Ferrari is rolling
Into $101.
Can still get $151 on SB which is good value as well.

This is an extremely even season and this Giants side is building great energy and belief. Strong all over the field, finally well coached and young players breaking out.
Good draw to come, I am confident they make the 8.

Into $101.
Can still get $151 on SB which is good value as well.

This is an extremely even season and this Giants side is building great energy and belief. Strong all over the field, finally well coached and young players breaking out.
Good draw to come, I am confident they make the 8.
who are they replacing in the current 8?
3 teams above them outside the 8 are all better and Giants % isn't any good despite their win yesterday.

Also what is good about their draw? start dogs in at least half those games.

who are they replacing in the current 8?
3 teams above them outside the 8 are all better and Giants % isn't any good despite their win yesterday.

Also what is good about their draw? start dogs in at least half those games.
Right now, They are better than every team except for the top 4 and Richmond.
They are on an upwards trajectory from here and their top gear can beat anyone.

Everything’s falling into place for the giants. I don’t think they’ll start as dogs in too many games going forward(if they do I’ll be backing them in those games h2h). They’ve got their injuries out of the way early, adjusted to the new coach and have players like Briggs and Buckley who have emerged in the absence of the established stars(who are now back on the park as well).

Led by Toby, they are a real dark horse this season.

Right now, They are better than every team except for the top 4 and Richmond.
They are on an upwards trajectory from here and their top gear can beat anyone.

Everything’s falling into place for the giants. I don’t think they’ll start as dogs in too many games going forward(if they do I’ll be backing them in those games h2h). They’ve got their injuries out of the way early, adjusted to the new coach and have players like Briggs and Buckley who have emerged in the absence of the established stars(who are now back on the park as well).

Led by Toby, they are a real dark horse this season.
If they beat Melbourne, Adelaide and Port away from home then I might consider them a smoky.

Why not just bet on Giants to make top 8.

Were paying $18 before beating Fremantle so may still be paying around $10 after Carlton (a competitor) won strongly.

They are essentially no chance to win it all.

They won't finish top 4 - only 1 team has won in the AFL era from outside the top 4.

Why not just bet on Giants to make top 8.

Were paying $18 before beating Fremantle so may still be paying around $10 after Carlton (a competitor) won strongly.

They are essentially no chance to win it all.

They won't finish top 4 - only 1 team has won in the AFL era from outside the top 4.
10 bucks to make finals then backing them with those winnings each week to win 4 finals would net a far bigger all up price for sure.

He is kidding himself with his GWS rating though, they're not that good

10 bucks to make finals then backing them with those winnings each week to win 4 finals would net a far bigger all up price for sure.

He is kidding himself with his GWS rating though, they're not that good
They seem to have come in from $18 to $5, so I should clarify.

It's all very reactionary though.

$18 to $5 after beating a team as a favourite.

I imagine there will be zero teams in the last 20 years who were 15th and 4-8 at the midway point of the year who even made it into a prelim.

I do think they're an improving team who as Louie said, will get better as the season goes on.

They remind me of Essendon in 2021 in their first season with their new coach, Rutten, who were $6 to make the top 8 before the season started (GWS were $8 this year) and went 2-6 over the first 8 games and sat 15th, but kept improving as the season went on, eventually just sneaking into finals.

But let's be honest.

A lot of the middling teams have peaks and troughs throughout the year where they look really promising and a chance to make finals, and then really disappointing and no chance to make finals.

GWS are kind of currently entering into the 'peak' stage.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back