Autopsy Autopsy vs Crom

Remove this Banner Ad

They still win by 30+ but there was definitely a different interpretation if you wore an Adelaide jumper.

The one that made me laugh the most was when Walker took a step over the mark and the umpire hadn’t called play on, but then in a panic calls play on a few seconds later.
When that happens, and it does often enough you know the umpire is just a gutless, spineless weak-as-piss a-hole coward who has no genuine interest in managing a fair game. An umpire with even the smallest amount of guts will call the penalty without any consideration of who it's against.

Yes they still win - almost no doubt about it but decent, even-handed umpiring would certainly have led to a better contest as opposed to the game basically being run out with no heart as it was. I know we look at the game with one eye however, today, and in plenty of other games this season (and forever) the rub of the green goes one way all day. Other teams cop it too. It was pretty obvious today that the umpires were playing to the crowd calls - it was West Coast and Margette or whatever his name was who used to gift them free kicks week in week out.

I don't want soft frees or favouritism. I don't want evener-uppers or special treatment for stars.

All I want, and I'm sure any real football fan would agree, is to have consistency of decisions and a minimum of errors from those officiating so that the team wins or loses on its' own merit.

Today's umpiring performance was a disgrace and although North were very much unlikely to be in the hunt for a win, the umpiring made the unlikely impossible.

It's probably a hard job to be an umpire but the crew on the field today were simply going with the crowd and that is not bloody good enough.

I was too frustrated with how the game was going to notice the umpires. I heard the commentators mention once or twice about the crowd noise, probably, influencing decisions. However, I didn’t notice anything blatantly wrong, to be honest. However, my mode of operation during a game is always to blame our players. On the other hand, my son always turns on the umpires. 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Every time we play the crows, I wonder if HGH is legal in SA.

The way they, as a team, accelerate into and out of contests just dwarves our physical presence and efforts.

Do they just draft the hard, fast, skilful players that we do not, or is it development related?

How many of our guys would you put your hard earned on to win a boxing or wrestling match vs their ADL counterpart? Not many for mine.

Get tougher North.

And faster.

And smarter.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Be happy for essendon* and Bard Scott to take our backline off our books. Start with mckay (800k) then take mcdonald with him for a bag of chips. Start the fire sale asap.

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I thought McKay was good today.

Just dropping by to say your first half was quite impressive..you seemed to win all the centre clearances and looked fast. 2nd half your younger guys tired and lost that burst from the pack and we kept going but we are a bit further ahead of where north are at in the rebuild phase. I watched for and was impressed with sheezel, wardlaw and larkey live. Good luck for the rest of the year and be excited for what is to come...lots of young talent..get games into them

Support us in a priority pick or GO AND GET F***ED!

It’s staggering the number of 5 to 10m handballs and 15 m kicks we manage to * up. Staggering!!! and has been a problem with the players we recruit for a long time.
This is a major problem.

It's a skill issue, a judgement issue, a vision issue and it is a tactical mistake. There is nothing right about those short passes from deep in defence when the player making the pass hasn't settled and the player to receive the pass is either not ready or Luke McDonald.

This is a major problem.

It's a skill issue, a judgement issue, a vision issue and it is a tactical mistake. There is nothing right about those short passes from deep in defence when the player making the pass hasn't settled and the player to receive the pass is either not ready or Luke McDonald.
It’s headless chook footy. Play on with no real idea of what you need to do next.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tale of two halves really, chalk and cheese to use a 🐀 expression…

First half the pressure was elite. We played with dare. The kids brought energy. LDU and Tarryn looked back to their best. The kids jumped on. Our brand was clear and defined.

Unfortunately you knew we weren’t going to be able to maintain that pressure and what followed was no real surprise.

I’ve been calling for the backline to need a refurb for years. Instead of getting quicker, it’s gotten slower with Logue. We just won’t win games with Ziebell Corr McDonald Logue and McKay back there. Unfortunately Brady only realised this at the end of 2021 when he drafted Bergman and Goater. It’s going to take a while to fix. Funnily enough our two wins this year featured both, make of that what you will.

Our co-captains let us down today.

Who was forecasting that? All most wanted was the effort we have seen for the past month. I personally was expecting a 40 point loss.

I'm furious because the club continue to select spuds who underperform or outright obviously aren't up to top level footy and gaslight the supporters like nothing is wrong with it

We clearly got that effort in the first half. However we couldn’t sustain it in the AO cauldron. We just ran out of legs - plain and simple. Ratts said it. As a reference, the Crows beat us by 77 points there in 2015 - arguably, our strongest season in over 20 years. I’m never going to like it. However, I’m not surprised.

We clearly got that effort in the first half. However we couldn’t sustain it in the AO cauldron. We just ran out of legs - plain and simple. Ratts said it. As a reference, the Crows beat us by 77 points there in 2015 - arguably, our strongest season in over 20 years. I’m never going to like it. However, I’m not surprised.

IMO we need to stop excusing these s**t performances and take real steps to eradicate them

Can't play age or experience - they had 17 players under 100 games to us 14.

They were too fast, too skilled and better drilled - and they probably won't make the 8 - that's how far back we still are.

Average Attributes​
AdelaideAttributeNorth Melbourne
187.6cmHeight189.4cm
87.5kgWeight86.3kg
24yr 10mthAge25yr 3mth
87.9Games99.3
Total Players By Games​
AdelaideGamesNorth Melbourne
8Less than 507
950 to 997
2100 to 1495
0150 to 2001
4200 or more3
We are still picking old teams. Don't think we've fielded a top 3 or even top 5 young team all year despite having a so-called young list.

I think we beat WC later in the year, but I say that with no confidence whatsoever.
We will get beaten . I’m not sure we’ll win for a while yet . After today . Adelaide are crap we made them look like Premiers . MacDonald Corr Tucker Mackay, zurhar Phillip zirbull goldstein . they should get the chop . Useless huge clean out coming .

Picking an old team for us is worse, because our older players are our worst.
The truth hurts.

I would straight swap Lmac for Goater, Corr for Dawson and rotate Bergs, Sheezel and co through there.

It automatically looks more athletic and dangerous offensively. Our senior players back there can't hurt the opposition offensively so if we can't do that with today's rules, what hope we got?

Unfortunately you knew we weren’t going to be able to maintain that pressure and what followed was no real surprise.
I think that the real problem is that the pressure was based on the performance of a very small number of players and in reality, the backline was never on top of their opponents from the get-go. There were a few small wins but the likes of Wardlaw, TT, Sheez and just a small number of others who really played well was where the effort came from in the first half. They were let down by Zurhaar, Curtis, Stevo as well so the cliff edge was inevitable. Larkey was OK but he needs somebody else down forward to take some of the load.

Fast Forward Video GIF by Krepling

If you're sick of just being competitive then you need to take more risks at the selection table.

Don't pick guys who are old and steadily below average. Pick guys who might be good or might be bad. Pick young guys who will learn from mistakes but have the athletic profile to actually have a high ceiling when it works.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back