Upper Murray FL 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Doesn’t seem like a lot of interest in the league on this forum. Looks like Cudgewa have it sewn up. You can’t have that much class and not win this comp. Hard to think how they fit all those names in in terms of salary cap and points on grand final day. Time wil tell.

Doesn’t seem like a lot of interest in the league on this forum. Looks like Cudgewa have it sewn up. You can’t have that much class and not win this comp. Hard to think how they fit all those names in in terms of salary cap and points on grand final day. Time wil tell.
Is there a salary Cap in existence OK?
If so how much is t?

I know it is probably not the best thing to do in terms of longevity for clubs, but hey, footy is broken in the region anyway.

If the four clubs are more inclined to run the UMFNL into the ground until there is nothing left instead of forming a composite team to play in the TDFL, then why not just have each club field one senior team with a squad of 30 and no reserves which will allow another team or two to crop up.

Then in five years or so we will be back where were are right now with four clubs but without the reserves.

Up at Corryong with work the other day and there is serious discussion about the Upper Murray clubs shifting to merge with the Omeo football competition. If I have ever heard a backward move, it’s that!! A Nicholas Family brain fart.

Let's knock that stupidity out of the ball park:

Lindenow to Bullioh - ONE WAY - 331km / 4hrs 15min
Lindenow to Tumbarumba - ONE WAY - 350km / 4hrs 35min
Lindenow to Corryong - ONE WAY - 279km / 3hrs 42min

Take off 41km / 30mins for Bruthen and for Swan Reach 38km / 30mins

The nearest club to Corryong (Omeo-Benambra) is a slightly longer drive than Corryong-Albury. Then you have pretty much the same distance again from Omeo to Lindenow.

Even Hay don't travel that bloody far!

No ODFNL club wouldn't even contemplate that madness. They are not going to jettison clubs from their happy little competition for the sake of a competition under a different regional jurisdiction.

With thinking like that, there is little future for football in the region.

When one more club goes, then the game in the region will be in a death spiral with SFA chance of reversing it, taking the netballers with them.

Last edited:
Up at Corryong with work the other day and there is serious discussion about the Upper Murray clubs shifting to merge with the Omeo football competition. If I have ever heard a backward move, it’s that!! A Nicholas Family brain fart.
I was told the league was looking to play interleague against the Omeo league. Maybe Chinese whispers ended up with your conversation..

Nearly all of the best players in the league are paid travelers. Now I can’t see these paid players getting on a bus over to Omeo and playing for nothing..🤪

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it is probably not the best thing to do in terms of longevity for clubs, but hey, footy is broken in the region anyway.

If the four clubs are more inclined to run the UMFNL into the ground until there is nothing left instead of forming a composite team to play in the TDFL, then why not just have each club field one senior team with a squad of 30 and no reserves which will allow another team or two to crop up.

Then in five years or so we will be back where were are right now with four clubs but without the reserves.

I was more thinking of a VFA style 16 a side league with up to 8 on the bench and if the club could have a second side then they would not be a reserves team but another team in the firsts as well. As well as try to bring back Border and Federal.

Well done to Cudgewa on their win today, even having 16 on 18 for a while at one stage due to a couple of cards.

The Blues set it up in the first term with 21-3 inside 50s and opening up a big quarter time lead. Very strong in the forward line and Bartel, Prior and Cameron all had a decent day in front of goal.

The streaker was given what he deserved, being powerslammed by the ruckman LOL

Well done to Cudgewa on their win today, even having 16 on 18 for a while at one stage due to a couple of cards.

The Blues set it up in the first term with 21-3 inside 50s and opening up a big quarter time lead. Very strong in the forward line and Bartel, Prior and Cameron all had a decent day in front of goal.

The streaker was given what he deserved, being powerslammed by the ruckman LOL
14 on 16 you mean! Even then it felt like they had more men on the field.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back