Banter RDT CLXXXIII - Trucko’s Jatz Crackers

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
For real? Doesn't the rainbow part represent the LGBT people of colour? It's not like the Aboriginal flag is about to add a rainbow to represent gay First Nations people.
I think the idea is POC have been just as discriminated against in the LGBT community over the years as they have been in regular society which is a poor reflection on a community which prides itself on inclusivity, especially when POC were overrepresented in the early days of the LGBT movement, and the black/brown stripes are an acknowledgement of that.

I think the idea is POC have been just as discriminated against in the LGBT community over the years as they have been in regular society which is a poor reflection on a community which prides itself on inclusivity, especially when POC were overrepresented in the early days of the LGBT movement, and the black/brown stripes are an acknowledgement of that.
Fair enough

On the other hand, it looks crap. If Hawthorn have taught us anything it's that brown stripes should be avoided in any design.
If we're fixing flags that look crap, surely the main priority is to get the English flag off ours and make a flag thats actually our colours.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The most damaging thing re: Webster's comment is that there is a real need to discuss and explore the links between LGBTQ and mental health, as there seems to be a higher predisposition there.

Not sure if it's the chicken or the egg, but anecdotally at least I've seen a heap of troubled young people suffering as a result. Craving an identity, as we all do.

This type of incident doesn't help, but rather throws more stigma onto it when in reality we should be exploring the problems behind the correlation rather than burying it under pure outrage.

Not defending his comments btw, just find it an interesting topic.

Good chat

On SM-G970F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Got limited wifi

Yeah in Vanuatu for a week - first time here or any similar place in the pacific

Weather hasn’t been as sunny as I expected but still pretty damn good, and just a crazy array of natural spectacles. Everywhere is an aquarium basically.

Did basically no research about Vanuatu (left my partner to do that) and kinda based all my assumptions on the palm tree and white sand tourism pics you see about similar island places.

It’s waaaay more jungley than beachey but still a great holiday. Also expensive as ****. Every bit of land appears to be privately owned, including beaches and rivers, so you have to pay like $15-25 to go have a snorkel somewhere, or even just go sit on a beach.

Got limited wifi

Yeah in Vanuatu for a week - first time here or any similar place in the pacific

Weather hasn’t been as sunny as I expected but still pretty damn good, and just a crazy array of natural spectacles. Everywhere is an aquarium basically.

Did basically no research about Vanuatu (left my partner to do that) and kinda based all my assumptions on the palm tree and white sand tourism pics you see about similar island places.

It’s waaaay more jungley than beachey but still a great holiday. Also expensive as *. Every bit of land appears to be privately owned, including beaches and rivers, so you have to pay like $15-25 to go have a snorkel somewhere, or even just go sit on a beach.
Nice. Too bad about things being exxy. It seems to be the case everywhere these days. Bali is no longer a cheap holiday for instance.

Enjoy mate.

As someone else said, might well be to protect him because one of the players he’d otherwise be facing is 6’11, openly gay and quite possibly openly angry about the whole thing.

The most damaging thing re: Webster's comment is that there is a real need to discuss and explore the links between LGBTQ and mental health, as there seems to be a higher predisposition there.

Not sure if it's the chicken or the egg, but anecdotally at least I've seen a heap of troubled young people suffering as a result. Craving an identity, as we all do.

This type of incident doesn't help, but rather throws more stigma onto it when in reality we should be exploring the problems behind the correlation rather than burying it under pure outrage.

Not defending his comments btw, just find it an interesting topic.
The trouble is that comments like Websters are not usually coming from a place of "lets provide support and talk openly about the various issues at play".

In the same way a lot of people voting No in the referendum because it "won't address the real issues affecting indigenous people" would also be against increasing funding to address those issues.

Insincere concern I guess you could call it.

The trouble is that comments like Websters are not usually coming from a place of "lets provide support and talk openly about the various issues at play".

In the same way a lot of people voting No in the referendum because it "won't address the real issues affecting indigenous people" would also be against increasing funding to address those issues.

Insincere concern I guess you could call it.
Yeah I didn’t read the post as insincere concern. I read it more as anyone identifying as queer must be mentally ill.

Got limited wifi

It’s waaaay more jungley than beachey but still a great holiday. Also expensive as *. Every bit of land appears to be privately owned, including beaches and rivers, so you have to pay like $15-25 to go have a snorkel somewhere, or even just go sit on a beach.

Did you do a dive at Million Dollar Point?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back