List Mgmt. 2023 Trade Thread - Part II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dylan Shiel was assessed for a foot concern following training on May 24.

On September 20 it was reported that he will start preseason on a modified training program.

He played an hours worth of footy in round 12 for a single clearance and was subbed off.

Returned in R16 for 2 possessions in 30mins of footy.

Leather poisoning the next week with 6 possessions, 0 clearances in again 30mins of footy with only 2! turnovers.

Literally put on ice after this to maximise his trade potential.

I reckon he has stress fractures in his foot. Freo has a similar aged celebrated player they can't get on the park with any regularity.

"Before arriving at the Giants in 2011, Shiel had a stress fracture in his foot similar to Melbourne’s Jackson Trengove, which forced him out of the game for six months.

He then had two more stress fractures in his feet along with sprained ligaments in 2012."

Dear St.K. please don't. Does anyone have a hotline to junior Silvani?... so he can word up the ole man for a second time.
My gut feel is that the club's people might already know.

Last edited:
Dylan Shiel was assessed for a foot concern following training on May 24.

On September 20 it was reported that he will start preseason on a modified training program.

He played an hours worth of footy in round 12 for a single clearance and was subbed off.

Returned in R16 for 2 possessions in 30mins of footy.

Leather poisoning the next week with 6 possessions, 0 clearances in again 30mins of footy with only 2! turnovers.

Literally put on ice after this to maximise his trade potential.

I reckon he has stress fractures in his foot. Freo has a similar aged celebrated player they can't get on the park with any regularity.

"Before arriving at the Giants in 2011, Shiel had a stress fracture in his foot similar to Melbourne’s Jackson Trengove, which forced him out of the game for six months.

He then had two more stress fractures in his feet along with sprained ligaments in 2012."

Dear St.K. please don't. Does anyone have a hotline to junior Silvani?... so he can word up the ole man for a second time.

Please NO... St Kilda

Please NO... St Kilda

If it gets us pick 13 & he spends the season at Sandy in the rehab group then I’m more than ok with it.

Getting creative with these salary dumps is the only way for us to compete for top end picks with the expansion franchises& charity cases like Norf.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would be interesting to see the name of everyone’s local Chinese restaurant.
We have two, Red Lantern and Chopsticks Palace.
Hope Coff stays.
Good news re Jones.
'Gold Stream' in Beaumaris goes ok as does 'Chinese Kitchen and Delicious Pizza' in Lara.

His body has only made it through one full season in his 9 year career. Chasing Shiel who has similar issues seems insane. Are we a retirement home for broken down players? Yet happy to push Coffield out after 2 years with injury that doesn't seem chronic.
I'm not sure where you have seen that we are even chasing shiel? We are not chasing him...we are chasing a draft pick...

On SM-G988B using BigFooty.com mobile app

Future second for Dow is overs. He's no guarantee to be best 22 even in a thin midfield. I'd rather take the second in next years draft. There is a very good chance we drop away next year. Could be a very decent pick in a better midfielders draft. I'd try to use picks up later in this draft. It's a bit of a dice roll after about pick 30.
Future 3rd more likely

Dow really should be a nothing pick. Barely played and uncontracted and Henry probably shouldn’t be much more. I think we’re so used to being bent over during Gallagher’s days that we forget how actual footy clubs work. SOS forced the Suns into putting Jack Martin into the preseason draft, I expect us to play at least a bit of hardball for once.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imagine the melts on this board if the Saints give pick 13 for Shield. That will be something!

It can’t happen, surely?
no melt here,it would be the final straw,it would prove beyond a doubt that we are not going to win a flag anytime within my lifetime & someone making decisions is employed by someone else,no melt just a simple decision to step away having it confirmed to me that we are total clusterxxxx

roos at it again,but if true one or more of our boys could get us in the mix for those end of first round picks at least

SEN's Sam Edmund is reporting Nick Coffield is the latest player to have gained interest from North Melbourne
An athletic 190cm tall rebounding defender, he was rated highly in his draft year for his work in tight spaces, evasiveness,speed and footy smarts, while also being touted as someone who can bring leadership to a team

with hall and ziebell gone along with mckay,would coff and dougal combined put us in a discussion for one of those higher picks?

Dow really should be a nothing pick. Barely played and uncontracted and Henry probably shouldn’t be much more. I think we’re so used to being bent over during Gallagher’s days that we forget how actual footy clubs work. SOS forced the Suns into putting Jack Martin into the preseason draft, I expect us to play at least a bit of hardball for once.

No offence but I think this is why you don't attach too much credibility to team boards when it comes to trade equations. Our club should always get every player we want for pretty well nothing and any of our club's players that could be leaving are suddenly elite A graders that demand first round compo.

Both Henry and Dow were top 10 picks. They can play. They are both young. They may not have set the world on fire yet, they may never, but they can play.

Would be interesting to see the name of everyone’s local Chinese restaurant.
We have two, Red Lantern and Chopsticks Palace.
both-inside-and-outside.jpg

1695855598683.jpeg
photo0jpg.jpg

Evelyn puts on quite the spread.

Last edited:
roos at it again,but if true one or more of our boys could get us in the mix for those end of first round picks at least

SEN's Sam Edmund is reporting Nick Coffield is the latest player to have gained interest from North Melbourne
An athletic 190cm tall rebounding defender, he was rated highly in his draft year for his work in tight spaces, evasiveness,speed and footy smarts, while also being touted as someone who can bring leadership to a team

with hall and ziebell gone along with mckay,would coff and dougal combined put us in a discussion for one of those higher picks?
Literally hate north now. I would rather he goes anywhere for free than the charity Roos

theres not one thing in hawthorn/smitchells trick bag that involves giving up their first round pick,norh melbourne have the same needs & picks to burn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back