News 2024 AFL Fixture Discussion & Questions

Remove this Banner Ad

Great game! Guess we’ll soon know the details of the other 2 games Giants will be playing at Manuka
Happy Peek A Boo GIF by DreamWorks Animation

>> CHECK OUT THE FULL 2024 FIXTURE HERE

With eight teams starting their seasons early for Opening Round in NSW and Queensland, byes will subsequently be scattered over eight later rounds. Teams involved in the first week of the season will take their first bye two at a time over rounds two, three, five and six. All 18 teams then have a bye scheduled between rounds 12 and 15.

The extra GWS bye is the Easter weekend.

Other clubs to miss out on Friday night games so far are Melbourne, Richmond, Gold Coast and Greater Western Sydney.

Round seven will include a Thursday double-header on Anzac Day, with Greater Western Sydney hosting Brisbane at Manuka Oval following Essendon and Collingwood's clash at the MCG.

The opening Sydney Derby between the Swans and Giants is set for Saturday afternoon in round eight at the SCG.

Manuka games are Saints, Lions and later in the year Hawks.

Double games against Suns, Blues, Lions, Dogs, Swans & Hawks.

Last edited:
I usually fly down for the Anzac Eve - Anzac Day double at the G going to have to change plans for next season

Fly to Melb for the Thurs / Fri opening games in Melb same time as conference so it worked out well

Then book a family trip to Canberra during the school holidays which happens to be the same time as the Anzac match for Giants 😂

I usually fly down for the Anzac Eve - Anzac Day double at the G going to have to change plans for next season

Fly to Melb for the Thurs / Fri opening games in Melb same time as conference so it worked out well

Then book a family trip to Canberra during the school holidays which happens to be the same time as the Anzac match for Giants 😂
Sounds like a blast :thumbsupv1:

Definitely going to attend the Brisbane clash now and it should be a cracking day of footy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Round one, NRL goes to Las Vegas," Cox wrote on social media. "AFL premiers go to ... a showground for livestock."

Cox was clearly baffled why the 2023 grand final winners would be opening their 2024 campaign in Sydney as part of a strange new fixture.

But the comments made their way to Matthews, who didn't take kindly to having Giants Stadium referred to in such a way. "To be honest, it's D-grade comedy at best," Matthews told SEN's The Captain's Run. "I guess that's his thing. I guess it resonates with some people. I didn't see it, someone showed it to me. I guess our players and fans are looking forward to giving him a warm welcome when he does get here, assuming he's in the side."

Looking at the 2024 scheduling and I'm mot sure how I'm going to cope without any games at Giants stadium for 2 months after missing the break in games at Giants stadiums for 2023 (as the Swans v Giants game at the SCG in 2023 was when I jumped onboard the Giants)

Booked in Giants v Saints and Lions games in in CBR to help with the withdrawals..

Tentatively booked in interstate trips away for the Essendon v Giants game. Adelaide v Giants and Lions v Giants games also (although, last two have TBC dates so these two are tbc once confirmed).

Never been to Adelaide or Brissy so will be good to explore.

After seeing the price of accommodation, flights and location of the Giants gather round game I've had to unfortunately pull out as I'll be able to go to 3 interstate games for the price versus the gather round weekend.

If I somehow manage to make gather round work will also look to attend (e.g. fly in and out on the same day) but unlikely to be for the entire weekend.

After seeing the price of accommodation, flights and location of the Giants gather round game I've had to unfortunately pull out as I'll be able to go to 3 interstate games for the price versus the gather round weekend.
Not sure if I've understood this correctly, but the gather round trip cost should be around the same as an Adelaide Oval trip, as Mount Barker is just a suburban bus trip up and down the hill from Adelaide.

Not sure if I've understood this correctly, but the gather round trip cost should be around the same as an Adelaide Oval trip, as Mount Barker is just a suburban bus trip up and down the hill from Adelaide.
The price increases for this weekend have me reconsidering as I can do other trips for the price of this one.

I hate TNF but they really seem invested in it, so I'm almost certain there'll be one - and it'll have the smallest crowds.
I love Thursday night :)

but it is a TV thing, no way Id watch a game live on a Thursday (that said I do get the Panthers on a Thursday and I dont even support them, so maybe I would if the Giants were at home on a Thursday.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back