Resource 2023 AFL Draft Discussion...

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going with Robert Harvey over some burger guy...

St Kilda draftee Darcy Wilson dominates running as Max King shows good signs during pre-season training​

Draftee Darcy Wilson continues to turn heads in his opening weeks at St Kilda, with the teenager again powering through some tough running on Friday.
In hostile weather on a steaming morning at Moorabbin, Wilson lived up to his hype as one of the fittest teens to ever walk into the club during a tiring 15-minute block of running.

The youngster, who was taking with the 18th pick in last month’s draft, led his group through most runs and closed in on the group in front of him, days after winning the club’s three kilometre time trial.
The elite runner was selected in part for his ability to break open a game with his legs and has walked into the club ready to go.

His ball skills were good enough to win praise for his decision making during a kicking drill from club legend Robert Harvey.

Still yet to turn 19, Mattaes Phillipou showed all the signs of taking another step forward in his second year at St Kilda as he was active through the midfield in a full-ground ball movement drill.

The youngest player in the league last season, Phillipou played in all 24 games and finished third in the club’s time trial this week.
some burger guy?
I own over 40,000 restaurants, over 150,000 employees.

while Robert Harvey jumps from club to club. :)

This throwing Draft Concessions at poor performing Clubs is proven NOT to be the secret of future success .....ESS still to win a Final in ....what is it 15 years+

The Crows perform better than ESS, GC, and NORTH .....bottom in 2020, below NORTH ....the Crows are a genuine Finals chance in 2024 ....whilst NORTH is again expected bottom 3, and ESS / GC bob around like a cork in the ocean

But, let's give Clubs concession picks ....anyone with half a brain, knows that's not the answer

View attachment 1869172
Top "10" feels a bit arbitrary and could manipulate the true story.
E.g. if you make it pick 12 our number jumps to 8.

Because people get the wrong impression of the data .....it could have been an order the Club believed certain players would go in

Who knows, could have been a myriad of uses for the board ....but categorically stating it was our Draft Order, is simply laughable
The evidence suggest it was

More chance it was than wasn’t basically

The evidence suggest it was

More chance it was than wasn’t basically
Jeff, it's a well known psychological condition called motivated perception .....it's alright though, it is contagious amongst emotional supporters, but should taper off, until the next Draft Period ;)

If we hadn't been able to upgrade to get Curtin he'd have been a Crow with our 1st pick and no doubt he'd still have been our 2nd pick if he was still on the board.
How do you know this?

Would explain why I drink tea instead...
patrick dangerfield tea GIF by geelongcats

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This throwing Draft Concessions at poor performing Clubs is proven NOT to be the secret of future success .....ESS still to win a Final in ....what is it 15 years+

The Crows perform better than ESS, GC, and NORTH .....bottom in 2020, below NORTH ....the Crows are a genuine Finals chance in 2024 ....whilst NORTH is again expected bottom 3, and ESS / GC bob around like a cork in the ocean

But, let's give Clubs concession picks ....anyone with half a brain, knows that's not the answer

View attachment 1869172
A cork, eh?

gfycat-com-babyruth-pool-e-gif.507640

Cardboard is being way way too kind.....they're shyte.

About the only thing that even resembles real food are their egg and bacon muffins and the coffee is passable.
You're welcome.

We feed the needy. Put food in their bellies.

I'm a humanitarian. Deserve a noble peace prize. Man of the century etc.

Nah .....we had nothing to worry about with the rumours surrounding Schoenmaker ......good luck Saints

Nothing to worry about there at all. The lad is having some fun with the crowd at a training session.

Nothing to worry about there at all. Dudes having some fun in the limelight.
Yeah, 1st year rookie, in first couple of weeks .....just screams "party guy" .....which is what the rumours were about circulating pre-draft

I read more into it than you ......and I'm guessing Ross will as well

Yeah, 1st year rookie, in first couple of weeks .....just screams "party guy" .....which is what the rumours were about circulating pre-draft

I read more into it than you ......and I'm guessing Ross will as well

Or screams he's got a confident and playful personality.

I have no doubt you did, I also have no doubt the reading into it is closer to jumping at shadows then anything tangible. Ultimately the kid did get drafted despite reading like a decently stereotypical outside midfielder.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back