Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

Gee, lots of people sinking the boots in. We don't know where we're finishing on the ladder but anything 10+ for Schultz should be more than okay.

Yes with a 10-18 pick you might select a gem but go and look at the last few drafts in that range. Some players showing potential but not many would be in our best 23 yet.

If you could draft someone like Schultz who's plug and play and a 30-45 goal-per-year forward with a pick 10-18 we'd be praising Hine, even though he's not a KPP.

Patience really. We got dominated against GWS, he had limited opportunities vs Sydney (didn't touch it Q1, not for lack of trying) and he's playing in a new system.

If we did a 2021 and finished bottom 4 we've got bigger problems than Schultz!
The hysteria is laughable pluggy after 2 losses.

We were well beaten by arguably the two best teams, and even then his numbers for a small forward (hardest role in footy) in a new team were pretty good

16 disposals, 6 tackles!, 0.3
10 disposals, 2 tackles, 2.0

If he kicked straight he’s on track for 40 goal season and has played two top teams.

So many on here also as you have highlighted over value first round picks. First rounders ourside the top 10 drop off dramatically. There’s a big difference

Gee, lots of people sinking the boots in. We don't know where we're finishing on the ladder but anything 10+ for Schultz should be more than okay.

Yes with a 10-18 pick you might select a gem but go and look at the last few drafts in that range. Some players showing potential but not many would be in our best 23 yet.

If you could draft someone like Schultz who's plug and play and a 30-45 goal-per-year forward with a pick 10-18 we'd be praising Hine, even though he's not a KPP.

Patience really. We got dominated against GWS, he had limited opportunities vs Sydney (didn't touch it Q1, not for lack of trying) and he's playing in a new system.

And when you factor in the Ginni trade. It's Shultz for Ginni with us trading out a pick in the 40s and downgrading our future 1st and 2nd for Hawthorn's 2nd and 3rd. I'm fine with that, as I don't think we will have downgraded our picks that far.

The hysteria is laughable pluggy after 2 losses.

We were well beaten by arguably the two best teams, and even then his numbers for a small forward (hardest role in footy) in a new team were pretty good

16 disposals, 6 tackles!, 0.3
10 disposals, 2 tackles, 2.0

If he kicked straight he’s on track for 40 goal season and has played two top teams.

So many on here also as you have highlighted over value first round picks. First rounders ourside the top 10 drop off dramatically. There’s a big difference
He will look better if we win. People seem to be looking for something or someone to blame, I even thought about it myself for a few seconds. I think we have made too many changes to the game plan over summer. Changing two successful line coaches has also had an effect. I also think we have deliberately eased into this season rather than going all out and then have nothing to play for in the last 6 rounds like 2023. Those last 6 rounds nearly cost us dearly. I think we really look thin in key positions compared to the strong contenders.

He will look better if we win. People seem to be looking for something or someone to blame, I even thought about it myself for a few seconds. I think we have made too many changes to the game plan over summer. Changing two successful line coaches has also had an effect. I also think we have deliberately eased into this season rather than going all out and then have nothing to play for in the last 6 rounds like 2023. Those last 6 rounds nearly cost us dearly. I think we really look thin in key positions compared to the strong contenders.
I just think we've started the year just thinking it'll happen and waiting for it to happen. We don't have that sharpness or aggression that gives you that extra pressure or has you snapping into attack when you've got the ball. Hopefully the Sydney smashing gives us that hunger back. I don't mind that we've played two top teams and gotten smacked - it'll force us to stop drinking bath water and make us realise that we've got to be fully switched on if we want to give it a shake again. It's been a brutal reality check.

I just think we've started the year just thinking it'll happen and waiting for it to happen. We don't have that sharpness or aggression that gives you that extra pressure or has you snapping into attack when you've got the ball. Hopefully the Sydney smashing gives us that hunger back. I don't mind that we've played two top teams and gotten smacked - it'll force us to stop drinking bath water and make us realise that we've got to be fully switched on if we want to give it a shake again. It's been a brutal reality check.
There is a lot of that in it as well. If we really are good enough this year, we will turn it around quick smart.

We have no Idea yet where we Finish the Season. As only been 2 Games

We see what that Pick Turns out to be Worst you think be around Pick 8-10

From where they stood last year… with pies optimum form and hunger at the time… you can’t blame them for trading out a future first for Schulz

Will of course end up a disaster if pies finish bottom 10 or so… but the blame won’t lie with recruitment if that happens

I also thing Schulz will be a 5-6 year, 30 goal and 80tackle a season player… without the d!ckhead factor that others have had

Not the best return if it indeed costs a top 10 pick… but not the worst either

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not his fault but he's the reason I can't even bask in the glory of last year's flag. Would've been totally fine regenerating this year with a top 5-10 draft pick except we have a slightly taller Jarryd Blair instead

Last edited:
Yes, let's replace the forward's and defenders when CFC's midfield sucks! Won't make a licking deference until the midfield lifts!

I don’t get the hate towards him. Bloke has been in our better half of players. Problem is the pick 20 something we thought we traded for him might become a top 5, and no one saw that coming.
Yep….so much more output than Ginnivan and will cost us a top 10 pick!! Seriously!! Whoever signed off on this insipid deal should be held accountable!!! Fancy compromising our future yet again. It’s not like we have a whole heap of young talent in the VFL banging the door down. We are the west coast of 2018. Fluked a flag and will be down in the slums for many years to come!! Enjoy last years flag and hope to God the cheats from princes park don’t win it!!

I don’t get the hate towards him. Bloke has been in our better half of players. Problem is the pick 20 something we thought we traded for him might become a top 5, and no one saw that coming.
What do you mean? It was clearly a risk and why everyone was against trading a future first for him when there was limited upside and massive downside

Remove this Banner Ad

Back