Preview Changes Rd 4 vs Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

I'll give you that. I reckon we are in for a hiding Thursday. But the way we have been playing has already been hit by the ugly stick that is as bad as the building on Waymouth St. The really ugly tall student building.
Nicks will released the shackle and the players will allow to play freely or he will double down......

Nicks needs to go back up to the coaches box so he can see how bad we look live especially if he’s rolling out a new game plan and to keep the line coaches accountable for their areas in real time. Im assuming he’s currently relying on them to be his eyes which isnt working. Maybe it does look like skill errors from down there. Go back to basics and save the boundary coaching for when things are running by itself.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
One of the assistants could be on the bench or make Kelly actually do something for his money. Upon reflection Kelly would probably confuse the players to play worse. Just get someone on the bench who can communicate.

At what stage should the entire crowd applaud Harrison Petty in unison?

The ONLY chance this has to turn around is if a senior player like Tex or Dawson stands up to Nicks and says this system isn't working, and it stops right now! Go back to attacking, quick football. For three weeks this hasn't looked remotely like working. What's going to change against the better teams?

Take your bets right now on this.. I reckon he will double down and it will get even worse :huh:
I dont think it matters what Nicks does as it looks like the players don't believe in him. If Nicks is smart he will blood a lot of youth and hope they carry him to not looking as bad a coach as he is when he's inevitably sacked.

I dont think it matters what Nicks does as it looks like the players don't believe in him. If Nicks is smart he will blood a lot of youth and hope they carry him to not looking as bad a coach as he is when he's inevitably sacked.
He's not that smart. ;)

We have done everything to screw up this kid from the first bounce of the year. Start as the sub, broken face... keep wheeling him out. Then instruct him to be a defensive forward on Stewart, and out mark talls on a slow break with high loopy kicks that doesn't give him a chance. His form is down, but he has no confidence right now, and it's no surprise why. He does need a rest in the SANFL to regain his confidence (as long as Godden doesn't * him up) but the way have played him this year is absolutely atrocious!
Said perfectly, there's quite a few casualties of shitty coaching and poor progression - Pedlar being one of them, hes a midfielder thats been thrown into roles that dont suit his style of play. What were they thinking putting him defensively on Tom Stewart in the forward line , 7cm taller than Pedlar, 150 gamer and one of the best intercept markers in the comp - way to really kill someones confidence . The entire team looks out of sorts and down on confidence , especially the forward line. Losing Rahilly would have been a big blow to most of those guys.
So much for the rebuild , back to the same old style of play with a mediocre slowing ageing midfield , same guys being played week in week out because of their name , not contribution . Adelaide seem to be really good at drafting talented kids, crushing their confidence then chucking them back into the seconds.
Matthew Nicks has flown under the radar with the excuse of a rebuild , time is up on that and now he is being exposed for poor game plans and most definitely no idea on how to switch a game up to turn it in our favour. There's a reason we went from being the highest scoring side last year to panicked footballer's lacking composure and confidence, one or two guys having ups and downs can be normal for a team but not so many at once . Something is clearly wrong.
We have done everything to screw up this kid from the first bounce of the year. Start as the sub, broken face... keep wheeling him out. Then instruct him to be a defensive forward on Stewart, and out mark talls on a slow break with high loopy kicks that doesn't give him a chance. His form is down, but he has no confidence right now, and it's no surprise why. He does need a rest in the SANFL to regain his confidence (as long as Godden doesn't * him up) but the way have played him this year is absolutely atrocious!

Only taken 3 games for Pedlar to be 'Nicksed'.

Feel for the lad.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In Nankervis, Curtin Cook
Out Walker Murphy Milera

F Rankine Burgess McHenry
HF Keays Fogarty Pedlar
C Jones Crouch Curtin
HB Dawson Worrell Laird
B Michalanney Borlase Keane
R ROB Rachele Soligo
I Hinge Nankervis Sholl Cook Smith

Last edited:
Dawson needs Crouch more than he needs Laird

I would move Laird out and give him Crouch minutes when resting

100% correct.

Crouch is better feeding the ball to the left, which is where Dawson tends to be. Laird does not have this ability.

Reckon we bring Berry back in and tell him to spend the entire game shoulder to shoulder with Oliver. Pedlar will come out.

Smith and Murphy will play, pointless suggesting otherwise. We are too conservative to bring in Dowling or Curtin.

In: Berry, Nankervis
Out: Milera (inj), Pedlar
Sholl to sub

I'll give you that. I reckon we are in for a hiding Thursday. But the way we have been playing has already been hit by the ugly stick that is as bad as the building on Waymouth St. The really ugly tall student building.
I know the one! I heard that it was designed for a spot in Melbourne, but the client said it was too ugly and rejected the design, so the architect used it again in Adelaide 😄

Can we just give up on Jones?

He is a poor mans Luke Brown as a defender or a poor mans Mackay as a winger.

Enough is enough with these supposed midfielders we keep drafting who never get near the midfield.

Same goes for Ned.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Might get something from Tassie for him if we hold him? Probably not the first punted

Out/In:-

Walker/Cook - Let him try and get his back right and get for again, it’s awful
watching him like this ATM and let Cook show if he can step up to the higher level as a medium forward.

Milera/Nankervis - Should have never been dropped last year, but should at least now get a run of games

Murphy/Dowling - Has to be rewarded for his form at SANFL level

McHenry back to sub and another chance for Pedlar but with actual midfield time along with Rechelle.

B:- Michaelanney Borlase Worrell
HB:- Smith Keane Hinge
C:- Nankervis Rechelle Soligo
1R:- O’Brien Dawson Rankine
HF:- Keays Fogarty Pedlar
F:- Cook Burgess Laird
Int:- Crouch Dowling Jones Sholl
Sub:- McHenry

Sholl next out for hopefully Curtin to play as a wing/HB

Can we just give up on Jones?

He is a poor mans Luke Brown as a defender or a poor mans Mackay as a winger.

Enough is enough with these supposed midfielders we keep drafting who never get near the midfield.

Same goes for Ned.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
I don’t really know how hard we tried, but we should have gone harder at Elijah Hollands. I mean maybe he only wanted to go to Carlton to play with his brother, but the fact the Blues got him for a third is daylight robbery.

Should have thrown $ and a better pick him and the suns.

Milera - Nankervis
Murphy - Dowling
Pedlar - Bond.

I want a midfield of Rankine interchanging with Rachele. I want Laird playing off half back. I want Smith out, but wont happen. I want the whole team to move the ball through the middle, to hit packs with force, to actually stick a tackle. Basically I want a miracle. Demons by 42 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back