Prediction Changes: Round 4 Vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

JOM doesn’t have the tank to play as a winger. Hawks fans always said he did his best work in bursts as a forward. Not sure why we don’t play him there.
I’m with the poster above. Play him or Ras in Emmett’s position & Simpson as sub.

Agreed, his performance forward in that last quarter against North early last year almost got us over the line.

I’m telling you now, jaeger O’Meara kicks 3-4 goals in this years grand final. Wins us the game.

Doesn’t get the norm, but he provides the class and difference on the day.

Easing him into a long year as sub and will spend time, mid, wing, forward.
I think people forget Jaeger was Harley Reid before Harley Reid. Injuries may have cruelled his story but this fella has seen and overcome considerable adversity, as a lifelong WCE supporter he swallowed his pride and came to the Dockers as he wants a lick of the ice cream before all is said and done. He seems to be taking on his sub role with aplomb and if fit I am all for having his professionalism and strong character in the side at the pointy end. But I'm also sadistic when it comes to West Coast and the more Eagles supporters we have playing for us the day we win it all, the better imo.

The crazy thing is Draper is the likely one to take either Curnow or McKay. Pearce will take the other. Curnow and McKay are 150% the keys to the game. We stop them and we win. We need guys to intercept them. Worner inclusion can help this. We need our defense to block their spaces to run into and intercept. Bring in worner

The crazy thing is Draper is the likely one to take either Curnow or McKay. Pearce will take the other. Curnow and McKay are 150% the keys to the game. We stop them and we win. We need guys to intercept them. Worner inclusion can help this. We need our defense to block their spaces to run into and intercept. Bring in worner

Surely Ryan takes Curnow, Pearce McKay and Draper gets the resting ruck.

Edit. Looks like Carlton only playing 1 ruck this year. Still don't think Draper could take either, they are too big.

Last edited:
Not sure if this would work but I wouldn't mind seeing Johnson playing a run with role on Cripps. The switchup in role might help him and he might even be able to nullify Cripps at the same time. Banfield, Brayshaw and O'Meara to take on his wing minutes. No changes otherwise.

B: Walker - Pearce - Aish
HB: Clark - Draper - Ryan

C: Banfield - Johnson - Sharp
Fol: Jackson - Serong - Young

HF: Walters - Treacy - Taberrner
F: Switkowski - Amiss - Fredrick

Int: Fyfe - Brayshaw - Emmett - Hughes
Sub: O'Meara
I suspect Young may get a run with role with Cripps.

He played that role last season a few times with success and he is bigger and stronger this year.

Did anyone think both sides would be unbeaten leading into this game?

Good to see Longmuir finally releasing the shackles and your forward handball has been a big reason for better attacking layers

Both sides missing important players, especially if Cripps misses out due to the birth of his daughter, so no real excuse for either side

Neutral territory another interesting factor, been a while since we have won in SA

Like most games, it will be decided on the strength of the midfields and taking chances once in the forward 50

Think it will be a tough, close game

Last edited:
Did anyone think both sides would be unbeaten leading into this game?

Good to see Longmuir finally releasing the shackles and your forward handball has been a big reason for better attacking layers

Both sides missing important players, especially if Cripps misses out due to the birth of his daughter, so no real excuse for either side

Neutral territory another interesting factor, be a while since we won in SA

Like most games, it will be decided on the strength of the midfields and taking chances once in the forward 50

Think it will be a tough, close game

I don't think anyone here, had us 3-0.

Who is out for Carlton?

We have 2 key defenders, and ruck, but our midfield is intact which is more important during the home and away games.

I don't think Longmuir has released the shackles, if anything he has put them back on (like 2022).

For me, we need to win the midfield battle and stop quick ball movement, because if McKay and Curnow are allowed 1v1 opportunities, especially vs Ryan or Draper (Pearce will be fine) we will be in trouble. Ryan is undersized, and Draper not strong enough

Is Carlton only playing one ruck with McKay rucking a bit? How has that gone so far?

I don't think anyone here, had us 3-0.

Who is out for Carlton?

We have 2 key defenders, and ruck, but our midfield is intact which is more important during the home and away games.

I don't think Longmuir has released the shackles, if anything he has put them back on (like 2022).

For me, we need to win the midfield battle and stop quick ball movement, because if McKay and Curnow are allowed 1v1 opportunities, especially vs Ryan or Draper (Pearce will be fine) we will be in trouble. Ryan is undersized, and Draper not strong enough

Is Carlton only playing one ruck with McKay rucking a bit? How has that gone so far?

Walsh, Martin, Motlop and possibly Cripps, not like your structural talls though

Been a good move for McKay to do stints in the ruck, gets him engaged more if he is having quiet periods foward

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Carlton have only won against Brisbane, North and Richmond. Almost identical to us (and nothing special either), but on their board they are so confident of an easy win.

We need to win the midfield, to have a good chance.
That Richmond win looks a little better in hindsight but I agree with the sentiment.

This is a game where I feel umpiring will be a feature. I wonder who we will get?
Considering the umpiring has been a feature of all Carlton games this year, I think that's a safe bet. Blues are already +24 in free kick differential and that's after just 3 games!! AFL wants them to succeed.

On Pixel 7 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Reckon this is a game you somehow bring Brodie in as an extra strong body in the contest. Don’t know how, don’t know for who, but Cripps n co usually bully us so it be good to fight fire with fire.

If I was a betting man though it will probably be Erasmus for Emmet and JOM into the starting team.

Surely Ryan takes Curnow, Pearce McKay and Draper gets the resting ruck.

Edit. Looks like Carlton only playing 1 ruck this year. Still don't think Draper could take either, they are too big.
Curnow is the danger. Whether it is Ryan, Draper or Hughes - likely Ryan getting a chop out. He is a tough match up for guys. Will be team defence mentality.

Curnow is the danger. Whether it is Ryan, Draper or Hughes - likely Ryan getting a chop out. He is a tough match up for guys. Will be team defence mentality.
Think we play him like we did Jez Cameron last year, Ryan when inside 50and Hughes when he goes up the ground to provide a link up. Would be an absolute baptism of fire to play Draper on Curnow.

Who gets dropped for Worner?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back