HB Smith - Murray - Smith

R O'Brien - Laird - Crouch
C Hinge - Sloane - Murphy

HF Murphy - Walker - Murphy
F Rankine - Walker - Keays

I Jones - Keays - Murphy - Milera
S Thilthorpe
If you’re doing double ups for this bit you may as well put 22 Sloanes lmao

Brodie Smith is just past it man. He’s playing some looney tunes footy rn it’s so sad. The whole club is delusional, look at how Daniel Rich omitted himself from the Brisbane team last year to find form. That’s what a decent club does, ours is full of underachievers who think they’re better than they are.

That's because the club promotes that type of environment. We are mediocre from the very top.. A club that's enjoyed the scent of their own farts a few too many times.

The big move this week has to be Dawson to defence.
His run, carry and kicking skills across half back are what made him an elite player. He's clearly being impacted by playing in the middle. With Milera out, putting him across half back makes a lot of sense. It adds run, and adds experience. Hopefully he also re-finds form.
Soligo is the obvious replacement for Dawson in the midfield. Him, + additional minutes for Rankine and Rachele.

It means that we don't have to panic and bring Hamill in.

I'd go:

OUT:
Milera
Murphy
Borlase

IN:
Nankervis
Dowling
Butts

Nank goes to wing. Jones to defensive cover/wing rotation.
Dowling takes the Murphy role and has some midfield minutes.

I'd love to make more drastic changes, but trying to be realistic here.

If Murphy is fit it’s going to be an interesting call what happens. Drop Pedlar and Murphy survives or drop Murphy who was relegated to sub, did * all with his 3 turnovers from 4 touches.
Th only change I think will happen is Pedlar sub, Murphy in. Pedlar dropped the following week.
Not what should happen but it’s Nicks and his merry men making the call.

Yet more indesputable evidence that Rory Laird is a absolutely shithouse footballer.. a hack.

Oh, damn, did I say that out aloud again?..

Ooops… The laird fanbois in here will come after me!

The bloke isnt a midfielders a-hole. Hes a kick and hope accumulator that doesnt do any damage with his possessions.. apart from damage to his own side.

There’s a reason he was overlooked in his draft year.. and was only picked up in the rookie draft.

Cause he’s crap.

But the Mark Ruccuito “he gets 30+ possessions a game so he must be a gun” theory that has crippled this club for a decade still reigns supreme..
And yet people want to move him to the back lines. He needs to be sent back to SANFL permanently. Keays is even worse at field kicking but at lest he gets a few Joe the goose goals to look good.
All the players not in the mix for a serious push to the flag should not be playing.

Hinge possibly
Possibly yes. But unlikely. Doesn't seem the type. Not sure we have anyone of that type. Worrell loves a scrap, but wrong end of the ground.
Wouldn't mind someone running into him hard before the game starts and starting a bit of argy bargy. Might get our guys going for a change.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yet more indesputable evidence that Rory Laird is a absolutely shithouse footballer.. a hack.

Oh, damn, did I say that out aloud again?..

Ooops… The laird fanbois in here will come after me!

The bloke isnt a midfielders a-hole. Hes a kick and hope accumulator that doesnt do any damage with his possessions.. apart from damage to his own side.

There’s a reason he was overlooked in his draft year.. and was only picked up in the rookie draft.

Cause he’s crap.

But the Mark Ruccuito “he gets 30+ possessions a game so he must be a gun” theory that has crippled this club for a decade still reigns supreme..

As I’ve said he played an unaccountable role when he was on the half back line and when the opposition decided to tag him, he couldn’t shake it.

As you have stated, there is a reason he was in the rookie draft because he had a significant flaw in his game. And that is his disposal by foot, he can’t hit the side of a barn.

I don’t care if he gets 30+ touches if he doesn’t damage the opposition with them.

Send him back to the half back line.

Okay so Murphy's out for a month and Milera for the season.

There's two confirmed changes. Unsure if we get more adventurous than that at selection. WHo comes in out of Nank, Dowling, and Curtin?

There's two confirmed changes. Unsure if we get more adventurous than that at selection. WHo comes in out of Nank, Dowling, and Curtin?

Pedlar stays in now.

Reckon they bring in Nankervis and make Dowling sub.

Team that Matthew Nicks would LOVE to pick

B
Dawson - Murray - Michalanney
HB Smith - Murray - Smith

R O'Brien - Laird - Crouch
C Hinge - Sloane - Murphy

HF Murphy - Walker - Murphy
F Rankine - Walker - Keays

I Jones - Keays - Murphy - Milera
S Thilthorpe
Thats pretty funny! Well played Scorps

Nank for Milera
Dowling for Pedler
Inanimate Carbon Rod for Murphy.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Murphy out for minimum of 3 weeks. Butts likely to return. No mention of Keane, so hopefully all good. As per injury report

Remove this Banner Ad

Back