Prediction Rd 5 Changes vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually in yesterday’s game Amiss had the best pressure stats of the three talls. Amiss 21 pressure acts and 5 tackles, 3 tackles inside 50. Treacy had 14 pressure acts, 3 tackles and 1 tackle inside 50. Tabener 9 pressure acts, 4 tackles, 3 tackles inside 50

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
I didn't watch game closely throughout but when I did, along with repeat tackle efforts Amiss seemed to have 2 defenders on or around him quite often. His scoring was unusually off but I'll give him lots of leeway for that so early in his career. One thing I really like about his game is what a smart disposer of the footy he is.

In: Darcy, Ras, Simpson or Delean( I can’t decide based of the Peel game. Maybe Delan for X factor and playing at home).
Outs Tabs, Switta, Freddy

Banners back to forward to tag Houston. He’s the key to back half rebound.
JOM & RAS starting and rotating fwd/mid wing.
Dogga fwd/ruck and Treacy back to KPF
Simpson or Delean fwd speed/pressure.
Johnson to sub.

I’m not expecting the win but hope for the same level as yesterday as I’m flying over to watch this one.
Onya Wray27. If the boys keep same level as against Blues you should at least get some decent viewing for your trouble.

not sure we really have anyone with the pace to match it with rozee, expect young to go head to head with him though, not necessarily a tag though. i imagine well back our own group in to win the midfield battle, we should probably have the strength advantage over the power, and are more defensively proficient there then the dons midfield

still, hard to keep all of butters, rozee, jhf quiet
Last year I would have said Young but he is now very important through the corridor and clearance in general

I reckon Aish should run with Rozee

Young is better off battling JHF

This is going to be a tough game for the mids
Hope Darcy is up to it , could be a game changer.
Jackson forward pleases me and Simpson to take the crumbs

Real chance here but another tough one

Last edited:

How far is will Brodie off playing?

I'd go a step further and say two of Fyfe and one of the other inside mids would need to be injured before they call up Brodie.
I hope you’re wrong, Brodie is easily the second best inside distributor bull on our list. I know he has perceived weaknesses but that’s what AB, Serong and Young are in there for.
JOM plays nothing like Fyfe or Brodie, it’s why our midfield was so bad last year.

I hope you’re wrong, Brodie is easily the second best inside distributor bull on our list. I know he has perceived weaknesses but that’s what AB, Serong and Young are in there for.
JOM plays nothing like Fyfe or Brodie, it’s why our midfield was so bad last year.
It's just a feeling rather than a preference. I think they would send JOM to the drop of the ball and have RAS in the side to take JOM's 35% bench time as no. 1 ball winner for the experience.

I'd be prepared to defend the idea as worth a try as I think what didn't work last year was Jaeger playing no. 3 and trying block for Caleb and Andy. He's strong enough to play no. 1 you'd think.

Brodie is pretty good at getting his hands free but nowhere near Fyfe level, even late model not as good Fyfe. It comes back to his crap tank. If he was 5 kg heavier he'd be far more effective in a role like that but he can't even run out a game at the weight he is now.

Last edited:
Shows how Rozee and Butters stood 10m off the circle to use their speed and compensate for their lack of size

I did notice that both Butters and Rozee are slack a bit running the other way.

They are almost cheating behind waiting for the turnover.

There was one play where both of them literally stopped and were 30 meters behind the play, by themselves. The Essendon guys had followed the ball forward. Luckily Port turned it over and Rozee ran off with it.

It will be interesting to see how we control this.

I think Sharp and Banfield are going to be critical, and Young in particular needs to not get dragged in too close to the ball drop.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it was a practice match but did we not have our full midfield available and still get smashed?

If Finlayson is suspended, it helps us a lot as our defence would struggle against 3 talls, guess they could bring in Lord to replace him.
Dixon < Pearce
Marshall < Draper
Lord < ???? Ryan
Georgiades > Hughes
Rioli > Walker
Byrne-Jones > Clark
Pretty sure Ollie lord is injured

Port's midfield makes the Freo 2012 to 2019 one look like 1960's Inter Milan when it comes to defense. They have to play blokes like Drew because not even one of their primary mids runs two ways. Despite their spread and goal kicking they don't look like a Premiership winning midfield to me; not even close to balanced. Much happier with our mix.

Shows how Rozee and Butters stood 10m off the circle to use their speed and compensate for their lack of size

This game plan will be a massive problem for them if Sean Darcy plays and wins most of the taps. Port more than tripled Essendon's center clearance numbers. If they want to open up the field and we have first hands on the ball it's just going to result in the ball going over their loose player's head.

Chappy has been out a long time, he'll have at least 1 more run in the WAFL.

There's a couple of homophobic words that were common in the 80's and 90's but totally unacceptable now. Guessing he used one of those words, probably the one in Dire Straits Money For Nothing.
He said the one that starts with sixth letter of the alphabet. Clarkson said a word that starts with the third letter of the alphabet.

If Finlayson is suspended, it helps us a lot as our defence would struggle against 3 talls, guess they could bring in Lord to replace him.
Dixon < Pearce
Marshall < Draper
Lord < ???? Ryan
Georgiades > Hughes
Rioli > Walker
Byrne-Jones > Clark
Pretty sure Lord is going to be on their injury list for a while yet...

Watching On the Couch last night and saw the huge impact Ivan Soldo is having on their vent clearance numbers. If Darcy is fit, he has to play.

In: Darcy, Simpson, Erasmus
Out: Tabs, Freddie, Switta

I know it was a practice match but did we not have our full midfield available and still get smashed?
butters played half of the first qtr that game too before getting injured, we missed having our best player. freo won clearance that game im pretty sure from memory, pretty comfortabley.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back