Prediction Rd 5 Changes vs Port

Remove this Banner Ad

I doubted Darcy was getting up for this the moment they flew him over later, stunk of being nothing but hopeful for this week.

I think there is half a case to argue Jackson will help a lot slowing down the faster midfield of theirs anyway. Goldy may as well have not been there from last weekend

Will be great to see JAckson in mid field too. an extra big running player.

Hopefully they dont burn Darcy out with a full game. potentially will need to rest him a lot and maybe sub him out if we a long way behind in final qtr.

Darcy plays at most 50% game time IMO. I'd be tempted to ruck him for 80% of the first half then sub him out early in the 3rd quarter and ruck with Jackson and Treacy for the second half with Fyfe forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's fate! I have always said it was the away game against Port in 2012 (round 18) the marked the point where the Lyon game plan finally clicked. Won 3 of out last 6 home and away games (5-1 overall) by 9 goals plus including the Pav defeats West Coast game and the North Melbourne at Docklands 'Hard to Beat' game. Then won an Elimination final in Melbourne. In fact after round 13 the only team we lost a game to was the Crows.
The year we won 5 games, was the match that announced you as a force?

Hear what you are saying but To be honest based on last years s**t show I don’t think any of us were holding much hope for this year
The turnaround has been quite remarkable

Remarkable?

We finished last year quite well with a very young list. I wasn't the only one who has finals as a pass mark largely based on those factors.

The only surprise win is the one against Brisbane, the other results are as expected aren't they?

Media commentators almost universally didn't consider us pushing up.

Remarkable?

We finished last year quite well with a very young list. I wasn't the only one who has finals as a pass mark largely based on those factors.

The only surprise win is the one against Brisbane, the other results are as expected aren't they?

Media commentators almost universally didn't consider us pushing up.
Remarkable was probably a bit OTT , didn’t have my Thesaurus

I guess my point is the tools were there to compete in finals but so were they last year and we played exceptionally poorly on many occasions.

Hence the old Freo mist descended upon many of us coming into 2024 wondering what we were going to get this year .

Surprised and pleased might have been better synonyms

I'm not sure how serious they are playing Darcy, but I agree with others regarding playing him for limited minutes, then sub him and let Jackson ruck the rest of the day.

Not sure if this is what WILL happen, but I like the mix.

IN: Darcy, O'Meara, Erasmus
OUT: Taberner, Freddy, Switta

Basically, it's Jackson forward (Taberner), JOM gets a full game as a for/mid (Switta) and Erasmus allows Banfield to go forward full time (Freddy).

Taberner as Suberner?
Suberner is a Terrible idea.

OUT: Taberner, Freddy, Johnson

Sub Johnson

O'Meara need the full game. Swita should be ok for the match. 🤞

Darcy and LJ to share the ruck 50/50 resting forward. Although I suspect Darcy will on do 65% on ground.

Suberner is a Terrible idea.

OUT: Taberner, Freddy, Johnson

Sub Johnson

O'Meara need the full game. Swita should be ok for the match. 🤞

Darcy and LJ to share the ruck 50/50 resting forward. Although I suspect Darcy will on do 65% on ground.
It was a joke...

Three weeks for Finlayson...should give us a decided advantage in the ruck and lessens the load on our key backs.
I’m confused. Wasn’t that the exact same thing that Clarkson got zero weeks for? If the AFL’s not careful, people are going to start thinking they’re corrupt.

I doubted Darcy was getting up for this the moment they flew him over later, stunk of being nothing but hopeful for this week.

I think there is half a case to argue Jackson will help a lot slowing down the faster midfield of theirs anyway. Goldy may as well have not been there from last weekend

I actually think that Darcy flying over indicated he was probably going to play managed minutes in the AFL. He wasn't playing a full game regardless of where he plays, but I assumed it would be in the WAFL if anywhere until he got on the plane

Finlayson out is great for us, Jackson should have a field day against Dixon and it takes on of their marking forwards out of the forwardline (unless they bring in a very young ruck, who Jackson should dominate)

Remarkable was probably a bit OTT , didn’t have my Thesaurus

I guess my point is the tools were there to compete in finals but so were they last year and we played exceptionally poorly on many occasions.

Hence the old Freo mist descended upon many of us coming into 2024 wondering what we were going to get this year .

Surprised and pleased might have been better synonyms
I see us as tracking as expected, no better or worse, but plenty to show the direction is positive largely from the Brisbane win and a reasonable showing against Carlton. Two genuine top 8 contenders.

Falling to North or Adelaide would have taken my thinking in an almost terminal downward spiral.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back