Preview Changes V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

Jones first half was dreadful, the same as the first four rounds. Then he had that embarrassing moment in Q3

From that point on he was really good. Got involved, did things quickly, clean. Hopefully we see more of that from him
When Jones first option is a positive, he is great in his role.

He is a pure see ball, get ball, move ball forward player.

He cost a late goal, Curnow I think, when he handballed to put Crouch under pressure and HTB.

He struggles to assess options. Hence will never be a mid. Wing/Flank he can do well at.

He has no Footy IQ at all. That poor defensive effort showed how bad he is at reading the ball/play.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Out: Crouch (suspension), McHenry, Smith, Berry (sub)
In: Berry, Pedlar, Curtin, Smith (sub)

I don't think Pedlar was amazing yesterday but I'd back him every single time to outperform the waste of space that is McHenry.

Curtin directly replacing Smith who can fall back to being our sub. If he sucks as the sub, retire him

Berry directly in for Crouch who is gone for a week minimum

I'd also push Laird into defense, with Dawson taking all his midfield time relative to yesterday. If he can't play defense, out of the team he goes.

Main starting midfield of Dawson, Soligo and Rankine

B Michalanney - Keane - Butts
HB Curtin - Worrell - Laird

R O'Brien - Dawson - Soligo
C Nankervis - Rankine - Jones

HF Cook - Walker - Rachele
F Pedlar - Fogarty - Keays

I Hinge - Berry - Gollant - Hamill
S Smith

Horrible take on Jones game yesterday, he was back to last year's form with 20 disposals, nearly 400m gain and only 80% TOG. And the youngster in Soligo, Rankine and Rachele were in the midfield.

Jones is an average, average footballer who is stopping a better, younger player coming through for our next push at a flag. His footy iq is very, very bad. Praising his efforts yesterday is exactly why this club has accepted mediocrity for far too long. The bloke has basically been unsighted his whole career. Wingmen are so important to a team’s drive. He gives us next to nothing. Seedsman for instance: 10x the player Jones is.

Jones is an average, average footballer who is stopping a better, younger player coming through for our next push at a flag. His footy iq is very, very bad. Praising his efforts yesterday is exactly why this club has accepted mediocrity for far too long. The bloke has basically been unsighted his whole career. Wingmen are so important to a team’s drive. He gives us next to nothing. Seedsman for instance: 10x the player Jones is.
Big improvement last year but sure.....

1713060208538.png

I don't think Pedlar was amazing yesterday but I'd back him every single time to outperform the waste of space that is McHenry.

Curtin directly replacing Smith who can fall back to being our sub. If he sucks as the sub, retire him

I'd also push Laird into defense, with Dawson taking all his midfield time relative to yesterday. If he can't play defense, out of the team he goes.

S Smith
I’d really like us to focus more on who constantly plays s**t in the AFL and repeatedly lets us down rather than waiting for players to dominate for a month in the sanfl.
So out McHenry and ROB

Jones first half was dreadful, the same as the first four rounds. Then he had that embarrassing moment in Q3

From that point on he was really good. Got involved, did things quickly, clean. Hopefully we see more of that from him
We all have players we see things we don’t like, and they only have to do one a game and we get great joy to jump on them then don’t look at the overall game

We all have players we see things we don’t like, and they only have to do one a game and we get great joy to jump on them then don’t look at the overall game
Thilthorpe thread!

Just me or does anyone else get depressed when Seeeeeeeed is mentioned.

After watching parts of the SANFL game today there is no chance Peds comes back in. The reasons he got dropped (particularly his inability to hit a target and be composed with ball in hand) followed him into the SANFL.

Yes he had 18 disposals but very little of these actually hit of target or didn’t go out on the full.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Agreed, from the 2.5 quarters I saw there was nothing that said he's back in form & ready for a call up. I'm big on him but he just hasn't looked right this year. Plenty of lazy efforts where he wasn't prepared to chase when last year he'd have busted his ass to apply pressure. Until that comes back I wouldn't rush him back.

They reckon Butters will be free

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it’s seems a bit much, but then again a player got suspended for calling a player a f**

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Essendon have beaten us the last 7 times we've played them I think.
Havent beaten them since 2017.
Last 3 have all been at Marvel, a ground we hardly play at.
Have beaten us a couple of times at AO as well though.

Essendon have beaten us the last 7 times we've played them I think.
Havent beaten them since 2017.
Last 3 have all been at Marvel, a ground we hardly play at.
Have beaten us a couple of times at AO as well though.
Their midfield usually tears us apart. Too deep and diverse.

Wonder if we’ll revert to the dross or maintain last nights mix.

Laird should be moved to predominantly half back and he needs to see this as a great opportunity.

Our half back line lacks intelligent sweepers at the moment. Hinge can do this when playing well, but we need more.

Be the player that gets the ball in tight situations and clears it out to start the attack. You need a few of these players working cohesively with the more dour defenders.

He needs to take the McLeod attitude when moved to half back. Say to himself I'm going to own this position and make it a threat.

He can rotate into midfield, but focus on really owning the HB role as a senior player.

Laird should be moved to predominantly half back and he needs to see this as a great opportunity.

Our half back line lacks intelligent sweepers at the moment. Hinge can do this when playing well, but we need more.

Be the player that gets the ball in tight situations and clears it out to start the attack. You need a few of these players working cohesively with the more dour defenders.

He needs to take the McLeod attitude when moved to half back. Say to himself I'm going to own this position and make it a threat.

He can rotate into midfield, but focus on really owning the HB role as a senior player.
#YTTRHNPM

Their midfield usually tears us apart. Too deep and diverse.

Wonder if we’ll revert to the dross or maintain last nights mix.

The Bombers always step up against us - not sure why that is but they tend to be more physical than they are with other teams and just run and go quick. Definitely a weak where coaches need to shut down the opposition strengths - Merrett, Martin, Redman

Do that and we win

S Smith

Smiths last two weeks have been pretty good. I think you are focused to much on the errors he makes rather than the other good things he does. Even last quarter yesterday 8 touches at 88%. Stood up including a couple of key knock ons etc.

Would happily rest Jones though to bring Curtin in to that Wing/Half back mix

Remove this Banner Ad

Back