Preview Changes V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

With Butts not playing do we even need to replace him with another KPD?

The bombers are missing Peter Wright and the forward line is pretty medium sized in terms of KPPs without him.

We have Keane, Max and Worrell who can all play on talls, even Hinge in a pinch. Might be a good night to boost the running power of the defense.

With Butts not playing do we even need to replace him with another KPD?

The bombers are missing Peter Wright and the forward line is pretty medium sized in terms of KPPs without him.

We have Keane, Max and Worrell who can all play on talls, even Hinge in a pinch. Might be a good night to boost the running power of the defense.
Yep, does seem the perfect week to debut Curtin tbh. If Wright was playing, then sure, Borlase makes sense.

Ins: Berry, Borlase
Outs: Crouch, Butts

Don't be expecting any further changes.

Don't underestimate Crouch being out as a huge danger for us.

No chance of McHenry missing, despite his woeful DE, his pressure acts around the ground (although having reduced significantly since previous years) will always be viewed positively by the coaches. Statless workrate.

Crows shocked me on the weekend with some of the strategic changes on the ground, would love for them to shock me again with:

Ins: Berry, Curtin, Dowling
Outs: Crouch, Butts, McHenry
Sub (McHenry)

Last edited:
Ins: Berry, Borlase
Outs: Crouch, Butts

Don't be expecting any further changes.

Don't underestimate Crouch being out as a huge danger for us.

No chance of McHenry missing, despite his woeful DE, his pressure acts around the ground (although having reduced significantly since previous years) will always be viewed positively by the coaches. Statless workrate.

Mchenry is barely SANFL standard. I hate when we use statless workrate or hustle or effort to justify a useless player.

He must come out this week.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Mchenry is barely SANFL standard. I hate when we use statless workrate or hustle or effort to justify a useless player.

He must come out this week.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

C'mon. Thats taking it a little too far. The SANFL is a terrible standard.

Ned would end up being be a very very good SANFL footballer a la James Rowe.

McHenry was dropped after getting coaches votes in a game last year, I’ve got no idea why anyone thinks he is surviving after a bad game. He was on the fringe last year and is on the fringe this year.

Pedlar was considered best 22 all of 2023, so if they consider his recent sanfl performance as half decent, he’s coming in for Ned.

Could see Berry into 22 for Crouch, Pedlar for Ned as sub, then Dowling into the 22. Curtin for Butts makes sense, but think it’s more likely Borlase at this stage.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"Statless Workrate"

Gee I've heard everything now as a Crows fan in terms of what warrants Selection... :drunk:

Well, statless to us, Crows would have his GPS tracking/numbers

As you can see I've edited my post, seems as if everyone didn't catch the fact i was hypothesising why McHenry keeps getting selected. There's literally no other reason to select him aside from his Pressure Acts and Work-rate. It's clearly the only reason he's getting picked, as he has no other redeeming attributes.

I want them to bring Dowling/Curtin in, but I really don't think they'll want to change a winning team too much.

There's actually more of a case to bring in Curtin, as it's a forced change and Curtin has been comparatively better than Borlase in the SANFL, and provides an additional rebounding skillset (equal highest against Centrals)

McHenry was dropped after getting coaches votes in a game last year, I’ve got no idea why anyone thinks he is surviving after a bad game. He was on the fringe last year and is on the fringe this year.

Pedlar was considered best 22 all of 2023, so if they consider his recent sanfl performance as half decent, he’s coming in for Ned.

Could see Berry into 22 for Crouch, Pedlar for Ned as sub, then Dowling into the 22. Curtin for Butts makes sense, but think it’s more likely Borlase at this stage.

Nek minute: Ned stays in the team.

BACCS: "Nicks has made the right move here, Ned will bounce back and have a blinder"

I really don’t understand our coaches mindset wasting games on the likes of McHenry or Murphy. We would be way better off using that spot to develop the likes of Peds, Dowling, Taylor, Bond, Curtin, Ryan or Edwards.

There is no way that Murphy or McHenrys immediate productivity outweighs the development value of putting games into those kids.
Murph and mchenry are possibly the worst two players in the comp.. and thats not an exageration.

Both are pure garbage…

If Butts is out, then Curtin should come in.
Whoever comes in for Crouch will be the sub so it makes no difference.
Sholl, Pedlar? Probably Pedlar as it wont expose his serious lack of fitness.
I dont understand sholl. He the only player I've ever seen when he gets tackled he never tries to get rid of it. Na let's just hold onto it.

Last edited:
C'mon. Thats taking it a little too far. The SANFL is a terrible standard.

Ned would end up being be a very very good SANFL footballer a la James Rowe.
I watch SANFL and AFL since the 70s and the SANFL is not a "Terrible' Standard commentators are Terrible the rules are terrible the overly high pressure not pretect the ball winner tackle fest 30 players always flooding the forwards is TERRIBLE

Its cute watching people think there will be changes after a win.

We were very lucky to win this, and had plenty of players that do not deserve to be incumbent based upon their performances.

Smith should be out, McHenry should be out.

This week at selection is huge - has Nicks actually realised he needs to change his approach, or did we just fluke a win on the weekend off the back of some individual performances?

No meaningful changes will suggest that Nicks remains out of his depth.

We were very lucky to win this, and had plenty of players that do not deserve to be incumbent based upon their performances.

Smith should be out, McHenry should be out.

This week at selection is huge - has Nicks actually realised he needs to change his approach, or did we just fluke a win on the weekend off the back of some individual performances?

No meaningful changes will suggest that Nicks remains out of his depth.

As history has proven, even if Nicks starts experimenting at selection and gets it right, he is likely to panic and go back into safe selection mode at the first opportunity.

Just stop, crouch goes past the ball with no attempt at picking it up, then goes back to get the ball.
Butters at least attempts to pick up the ball.
Nothing like being identical, from the offenders point of view.
The screen shots have been posted on here and that confirms what is seen in real time.

Nothing like slow motion and screen shots to run a narrative lol.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back