Prediction Changes v bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Unicorn has been brilliant for Freo till last couple weeks. He's exhausted by having to be the Main Man - his zip has been zapped. Plus he appears to be carrying hand/finger injury.

In the words of FreoMonocle, Luke's - and the team's 'headology' has also taken a battering in Adelaide. Hopefully rest & recovery plus return of some of our critical mass players will bring composure, confidence - and wins.
Should have played Reidy. Jackson had been playing well in the forwardline in the preseason.

Unicorn has been brilliant for Freo till last couple weeks. He's exhausted by having to be the Main Man - his zip has been zapped. Plus he appears to be carrying hand/finger injury.

In the words of FreoMonocle, Luke's - and the team's 'headology' has also taken a battering in Adelaide. Hopefully rest & recovery plus return of some of our critical mass players will bring composure, confidence - and wins.
Brilliant?
We’re watching different games.
Been beaten and poor last 4.

I am a big Simpson fan but feel he needs a couple of extra weeks at Peel

Stanley appears to be the one who could offer something ..and he has a great kick on him

Looking forward to getting Wagner back as he is the most aggressive runner we have..probably needs a big more time to get his fitness back

I remember when Walker started his career he was giving us some run..JL no doubt has stopped that side of his game..would like to see him tried further up the field...but that won't happen (sort of like how a lot of us said Wilson should be tried forward)

On SM-G996B using BigFooty.com mobile app

We have a bit if a dilemma with most of our best mids not being smart or skillful distributors. If we replace some of them with better kicks or decision-makers, where do we play them?

Fremantle Senior Coach Justin Longmuir believes a lack of connection to the forward line has proved costly over the previous three rounds.

West Coast led at quarter time 25-3 in Saturday night's RAC Derby despite Fremantle leading the inside 50 count 16 -7 in the first term.

“We started the way we wanted to start but then got no reward for effort early,” Longmuir said post-match.

“They dominated the air.

“Down the other end (forward) we’ve been off with our connection since round three."

We have a bit if a dilemma with most of our best mids not being smart or skillful distributors. If we replace some of them with better kicks or decision-makers, where do we play them?

Fremantle Senior Coach Justin Longmuir believes a lack of connection to the forward line has proved costly over the previous three rounds.

West Coast led at quarter time 25-3 in Saturday night's RAC Derby despite Fremantle leading the inside 50 count 16 -7 in the first term.

“We started the way we wanted to start but then got no reward for effort early,” Longmuir said post-match.

“They dominated the air.

“Down the other end (forward) we’ve been off with our connection since round three."
Did he explain why he had our main ruckman on the bench and started with two tall forwards instead of three?

Did he explain why he had our main ruckman on the bench and started with two tall forwards instead of three?
Good question. I was surprised as well but I'll give it a go. It was Williams? rucking for WC who is more of a mobile ruckman and Sean was going to be on managed minutes. We had a fair bit of the ball early but didn't do anything with it. The third tall would have been Jackson but he was rucking.

Good question. I was surprised as well but I'll give it a go. It was Williams? rucking for WC who is more of a mobile ruckman and Sean was going to be on managed minutes. We had a fair bit of the ball early but didn't do anything with it. The third tall would have been Jackson but he was rucking.
I just don't see why you don't put your best foot forward when slow starts have been an issue for more than a season now.

I just don't see why you don't put your best foot forward when slow starts have been an issue for more than a season now.
Yes maybe we would have done something up forward if Jackson was up there for the first 20 minutes. Would love to know what our clearance numbers were when Sean went in there compared to Jackson. Fyfe was being very premeditive and when Yeo won it he was more damaging.

“They dominated the air.

It’s pretty obvious that our mids, besides Young are not elite kicks.
It’s why I have wanted Fyfe in Hughes position, rotated with Young.
Johnson, Simpson, have skills but need game time.
I think we have had a reality check and we are in that 8-10 bracket of clubs.
Erasmus needs Ryan Crowley to teach him the run with role. He was also good
at finding a goal.
We may not improve straight away, but it will pay dividends next year.
Walters, Fyfe, JOM, are nearly done. Hughes is not the answer and Aish is
another on thin ground.
Difficult night for the backs, but Walker needs to be better.
Reid pushing Fyfe over, the young bull has taken his mantle. Doesn’t help that
we don’t tag.

at finding a goal.
another on thin ground.
we don’t tag.
If Fyfe doesn't play midfield Brodie has to for now. There is no way you can have Serong and Brayshaw in there at the same time against most midfields

at finding a goal.
another on thin ground.
we don’t tag.

I’d expand the bracket. We’re in that 6-12 bracket.
6 in that if our midfield and defense play as they have for first 5 weeks then we can literally beat anyone if we get reward the other way.
12 in that if we don’t dominate midfield and defense we don’t have a forward line that can make the most of limited opportunities.

Every week is massive when trying to make finals. Dogs this weekend and an opportunity to replace them in the 8.

I won’t be surprised with any result here.

if we lost a game because our ruckman was on the bench for five minutes then we don't deserve to win shit. not to mention we didn't lose the game in the 1st, we lost in the second where we fundamentally just lost all around the ground

(Log in to remove this ad.)

if we lost a game because our ruckman was on the bench for five minutes then we don't deserve to win s**t. not to mention we didn't lose the game in the 1st, we lost in the second where we fundamentally just lost all around the ground
Well you’ll get your wish. We’re not going to win shit.

But to me, starting the game as we did was indicative of poor coaching.

Fyfe had 13 clearances last night, he's not getting moved from the midfield.
He could go off when Brodie is in there, but I'd like to see how they go together
Agree. We seen I think Fyfe and jom in there together and doesn't work. I think Brodie, Fyfe, Young and rotating Johnson and Serong, Brayshaw, might

If Fyfe doesn't play midfield Brodie has to for now. There is no way you can have Serong and Brayshaw in there at the same time against most midfields
Play our future midfield/forwards now.
Problem is they don’t know who are?
Brodie deserves a chance.
Offers more than JOM.
Waterman leading straight, out in front. That’s how your forwards should play and get the ball down there direct.

Play our future midfield/forwards now.
Problem is they don’t know who is?
Brodie deserves a chance.
Offers more than JOM.
Waterman leading straight, out in front. That’s how your forwards should play and get the ball down there direct.

Thank christ I dont work with any weagles supporters. I feel for any of you that do. This week will be tough

If there arent a minimum of 4 changes this week we need to go hard on the club. We cant accept this crap year after year. Let them know we wont stand for it anymore

All of you need to take some time away from BigFooty and enjoy the weekend. True leaders don't panic when shit hits the fan. Our midfield broke even and even beat Carlton and Port's midfield. Our issues are not midfield related but to do with the forwardline (non-debatable), gameplan and even psychological. Combine this with the tough two weeks we've had and it sets up an unexpected loss. We are on the right path, the ball is now in the coaching group's court.

Brodie & Chapman both had solid games, but I can’t see JL growing a pair and dropping JOM & Hughes. Only one comes in.
Tabs in for Amiss most likely
Erasmus and Sturt the scapegoats for Switta and Freddy if available.
Walters needs a rest and does anyone know what happened with him after the game last night??
Simpson probably debut as the sub 🤮

Brodie is only 25 so he is one. Young and
All of you need to take some time away from BigFooty and enjoy the weekend. True leaders don't panic when s**t hits the fan. Our midfield broke even and even beat Carlton and Port's midfield. Our issues are not midfield related but to do with the forwardline (non-debatable), gameplan and even psychological. Combine this with the tough two weeks we've had and it sets up an unexpected loss.
They are midfield related. If you can't do anything useful with the ball you may as well not win it.

Brodie & Chapman both had solid games, but I can’t see JL growing a pair and dropping JOM & Hughes. Only one comes in.
Walters needs a rest and does anyone know what happened with him after the game last night??
I'm not sure why Sturt should make way for Switta

What do you mean when you ask about Walters after the game last night?
Edit: if you mean concussion symptoms, I don't know, but in some respects that would be good rationale for resting him.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back