Prediction Changes v bulldogs

Remove this Banner Ad

Amiss - Voss
Hughes - Chappy
Banfield - Simpson
Erasmus - Brodie
JOM - Stanley
Walters - Freddy

These changes aren't going to happen but they should. There are guys that are protected species in this side. Walters has been a champion but if this club has a scrap of integrity he needs to go back to Peel.

I agree with all those plus Switta for Emmett or Sturt. Toss a coin. Both are of limited use. So is Switta for that matter but we know he plays if fit.

I agree with all those plus Switta for Emmett or Sturt. Toss a coin. Both are of limited use. So is Switta for that matter but we know he plays if fit.
Switta has been of limited use as well. I was watching him in the last game and he didn't put on any defensive pressure at all and doesn't even look like scoring a goal most of the time. He looks restricted to me. Sturt doesn't deserve to be dropped yet and Emmett needs to learn how to tackle. Seems more use as a hhf.

I really want Stanley in the side but Johnson deserves another game against the Dogs for his performance. Stanley is a more of a natural winger who can rotate through the midfield. We can really use his pace and lethal kicking.

I’ve been a good supporter of JL but if at least one of Walters and JOM isn’t “managed” I’m out and that’s being nice, it should be both

Managed suggests it's just one week. O'meara has had 6 weeks to cement a spot, Will Brodie deserves a shot.

We made 6 changes that game with a couple of debutants. 6!

Dawson, Griffen, Pearce etc were dropped.

Jlo step up sir and be a coach of character. Will pump this into the media Monday morning.

The form of Taberner, O'meara, Hughes and Walters makes it easy for JLo to leave them out. If he goes with Taberner over Voss to replace Amiss I'll be fuming.

For two quarters the ball was at the other end, in case you missed.

He can kick goals…he stays

Are we too big and slow with Sturt in the team? Assuming Voss comes in for Amiss that's 3 genuine talls in Voss, Jackson, Treacy + Sturt and Banfield who are 189cm. If they're not taking marks and kicking goals the opposition HBF will have a field day.

We had heaps of inside fifties. Did fine at the stoppage clearances but we couldn't take a contested mark to save our lives.

Barrass nearly took as many contest marks as our entire team.

Alex Pearce isn't that player, that's what he does to be so influential for us when he's on, Barrass took nearly 2x Moose's season total of contested marks against us.

So we need to get better at either kicking it to our leading forwards or OR OOOORR we kick the tumble punt and have our small forwards swoop instead.

So....

In Cooper Simpson

Nah I disagree with some of those changes:
  • If you want to drop JOM it needs to be for Switta, they both play similar roles
  • As a Brodie fan, you can't just bring him in because he is playing well at Peel. Brodie Is a midfield bull and can only replace a midfield bull i.e. Fyfe or Young. Otherwise the balance will be all off.
  • Both Worner and Chapman can't come into the side, only one of them needs to replace Hughes
  • Debuting Simpson is a great idea to lift up the team but only as the sub.

I agree with everything else.

Brayshaw doesn't win many centre clearances. Brayshaw on to the wing full time and Brodie in.

Hayden Young was sore at the end of the game so he may miss the Dogs game making Brodie a no brainer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we too big and slow with Sturt in the team? Assuming Voss comes in for Amiss that's 3 genuine talls in Voss, Jackson, Treacy + Sturt and Banfield who are 189cm. If they're not taking marks and kicking goals the opposition HBF will have a field day.

Sturt is one of our fastest players. I've seen him run down Switta in match practice. He has elite speed and is faster than Emmett, Walters and the departed Schultz.

Sturt is one of our fastest players. I've seen him run down Switta in match practice. He has elite speed.
Yes but he is not showing that at the moment. His running looks awkward. Think he is still getting over that PS knee injury that he had surgery. I had the same surgery in 2022 and was struggling with running for a fair bit afterwards and then after about 6months it just came good. I did a lot of quad strengthening. he had surgery on 6 December 2023 so expect his running game fitness to improved over the next few weeks. Whether that be at Peel or Fremantle. Worth him getting a second go. Gosh if Banfield keeps buttering up after the tripe he dished up last week and likely again next weekend then Sturt deserves another game to help him settle in. Needs to get more involved and use that speed like we saw with his first goal running back towards goal.

Not only did the Amiss injury hurt (not the game breaker) but boy did we miss Freddy yesterday who always seems to play welll against the coasters.

Walker needs to pick when to take on the tackler. Stepping into traffic is not the way. Doesn't mean he shouldn't take the game on as this is one of his strengths but when it doesn't, sure looks ugly

I think if we want to play with dash and play fast attacking football you can't drop Walker for his mistakes. Sans Clark, he's probably the boldest of the back six and does have the pace and footskills to back it up. He just still has the Danyle Pearce blinkers in his game. IMO you encourage him and work on his mistakes, you don't drop him.

Ideally Wagner would fit in the same team.

If we drop Erasmus you may as well just trade him off at end of the year.

He wasn't great but it was first full game of the season.

Being sub is doing him a disservice either back the kid for a 4-5 week block and see how he goes.

Or stop wasting his time giving him 20 mins.

We haven't given him an extended run or backed him in like some plodders we have backed in.

Being sub is doing him a disservice either back the kid for a 4-5 week block and see how he goes.

We haven't given him an extended run or backed him in like some plodders we have backed in.
the plodders are playing where he doesn't

He's not currently AFL standard. 9 possessions, 2 free kicks against and doesn't use the ball well after a horrendous quarter as sub against Port.

If things go pear shaped and we can't make the 8 then bring him in but while we still have finals aspirations we have to pick a team to win. Select a more dynamic player as sub and let Erasmus play 3 or 4 full games at Peel before being considered again.

I'd take a pick in the 30's for him tomorrow.

I think if we want to play with dash and play fast attacking football you can't drop Walker for his mistakes. Sans Clark, he's probably the boldest of the back six and does have the pace and footskills to back it up. He just still has the Danyle Pearce blinkers in his game. IMO you encourage him and work on his mistakes, you don't drop him.

Ideally Wagner would fit in the same team.

He's 21 and playing in a position with no where to hide. Will be a very good player in 12 months IMO.

Other than Amiss they're all upgrades though.

Has to be 4-6 changes IMO.
Depends on how they view the loss. After some digesting time I reckon they would hedge it on the aberration side of things. That'd make mass changes unlikely. And for all of everything else, lots of changes are unsettling.

A few would be on notice for sure.

Freddy and Switta back surely.

Bring in Brodie for Omeara
Chappy for Hughes
Stanley as the Sub

Omeara and walters can all go to peel.

Not sure what to do with Raz to be honest. He just looks so lost out there.

I really want to see Simpson. He could've kicked 6 on the weekend. Hes a class above at WAFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back