Preview Round 7 v Melbourne ANZAC Eve MCG Wednesday April 24th 7.25pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems like Dow is doing something the coaching staff like to have played every game this year.
With Hopper coming back Mcauliffe was always likely to be dropped, Banks in for Short wonder if he or ralphsmith will play half back with the other playing wing. Miller named on the bench wonder if he has a few stints up forward, Mcintosh probably sub

But for how long?

Once injured players are back, can't see them surviving
Are you kidding? They will not be dropped even when the injured players come back. Only young players get dropped from this team. If you've played in a premiership you will never, ever be dropped.

This is an even worse side than last week. That centreline is just plain awful.

McAuliffe Omitted GTFO. Banks just needs to sneeze and he gets back into the side.

In: Dylan Grimes, Jacob Hopper, Sam Naismith, Sam Banks
Out: Jayden Short (injured), Jacob Koschitzke (omitted), Kane McAuliffe (omitted), Tyler Sonsie (omitted)

Round 7, Richmond v Melbourne, Wednesday, April 24, 7.25pm AEST, MCG

BacksTylar Young45Nathan Broad35Dylan Grimes2
Half-BacksNick Vlastuin1Tom Brown30Daniel Rioli17
CentrelineHugo Ralphsmith13Jack Graham34Marlion Pickett50
Half-ForwardsSeth Campbell44Rhyan Mansell31Maurice Rioli10
ForwardsMykelti Lefau42Shai Bolton29Dustin Martin4
FollowersToby Nankervis25Liam Baker7Thomson Dow27
Interchange:Jacob Hopper22Sam Naismith24Ben Miller46
Sam Banks41Kamdyn McIntosh33
Emergencies:Tyler Sonsie40Jacob Koschitzke20Kane McAuliffe28

Hope we loose campaigners

There is no logic in it because supporters are looking at it from the outside. You don't see any of the decision making or reasoning.

You don't see the decisions made because of matchups, the decisions made because of attitude, the ones made for a player to work on specific things. Everyone looks at it to try to put their most likes players on the field, not put together a team.
that's no excuse, ive picked out a number of mistakes and was proven right. Just because theyre on the inside doesnt mean they know everything. its like how some companies employ people outside of the industry because they want a fresh look.
AND this is big footy, its what we do! :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

what has mcaullfie done wrong? rooted yzes wife? why no ryan? kosi played his last game hopefully. meanwhile macca is in and spuds it up. banks? hugo? what does hugo actually give? bewildering.

Who are we playing on the wings lol everyone wants Mcintosh and Pickett out, fair enough, but no one wants Hugo or Banks to come in. Somehow we are playing all 4 of them which is interesting.

McAuliffe was part of a midfield that got obliterated by West Coast. Melbournes is far better, Hopper had to come in. Ryan is rubbish, who cares if he never plays again. Sonsie should clearly be in for McIntosh, I assume Banks plays for Short and Miller goes forward. Playing 2 rucks not the worst, given Gawn single handidly beat us twice last season.

I think the plan is to "work over" Gawn with Nank and Naismith, Yze would have almost the best insight into what Max struggles with the most so over the course of a game it may be beneficial.

I don't think Nank and Naismith will work forward, both are no.1 rucks who can't fly for a mark and who limited forward craft. Especially against the likes of May and Lever. Let me just say it's different taking an intercept mark in D50, which Nank is very accomplished at. He pushes back and is often the spare so, he gets a free run and jump at the ball. He won't be afforded the luxury if he lines up forward.

I think the plan will be to try hit up shallow I50 entries and not bomb it long, now whether or not the players keep a cool enough head and are able to execute that over 4 quarters is another issue.

Lefau and I think Mansell might be the ones tasked with trying to make May and Lever accountable, unless they are planning a left-field move and swinging Miller forward but I doubt that.

No doubt it will be a tough match full of challenges especially for our mids and forwards. I for one like Yze trying something against Gawn who has been the dominant ruck in the comp to this point in the season.

McIntosh and Pickett must be loving life. They're old so they just get carte blanche this year and don't have to perform.
Pickett I can understand. Father/Sons too think about.

why are we selecting Naismith? does the mc think we can actually win? He has no future at the club (no offence to him). Play Ryan and Sonsie.

HRS selection baffling again
Your son will get a go soon Mrs Ryan.

There is no logic in it because supporters are looking at it from the outside. You don't see any of the decision making or reasoning.

You don't see the decisions made because of matchups, the decisions made because of attitude, the ones made for a player to work on specific things. Everyone looks at it to try to put their most likes players on the field, not put together a team.
O please do explain the decision making behind Kamdyn being our worst on the ground every week and still picked

Burt Reynolds Roger GIF

Something really odd about the team we've named. Looking at the bench, sub has to be one of Banks and McIntosh, but where does that leave the other one playing? Pickett and Ralphsmith are named on the wings and we already have seven other defenders.

Is McIntosh going to play forward?
banks will be sub

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back