Team Captain
Sep 21, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Ac Milan
Geeez, i cant even pull myself to watch the s**t they dish up nowadays

Just thinking of the names like Hogan, Sting, Total Package (Lugar), Scott Steiner, Hall, Nash, Bagwell, X-Pac, Goldberg, Shawn Micheals (In prime), Mike Awesome, Kronik, Even Lesnar

I can go on forever, the gimmicks, the storylines were 2000 times better

i am convinced wrestling grew out of me apposed to I grew out of wrestling, it use to appeal to the age bracket of 10 - 30, now when i switch on Raw i almost vomit what i think is aimed at 4-7 year olds

I useee to LOVE wrestling, i still do sort of, but i dont rate lashley and cena and all these guys over the guys back in the day.

Really if you think about it, the only gimmicks that have worked in the past couple of years have either been rips off from the attitude era or stuff like Dx which has been remade.

The main man was Vince Russo and he knew what he was doing, also there was compitition between companies, not one company that owns them all.

Have a look at the creativity going on now, Jimmy Wang Yang, Lashley (Lesnar rip off), Countless s**t tag teams that seem to be debuting every week

I tell ya what, and if you dont agree your crazy wrestling was really 10 times better yesteryear

Yer couldn't agree more with ya, holy crap I browse at it now when I channel surf and see these obvious matches (John Cena always wins stuff) and weak boring watered down storylines. I miss the late 90's WCW with guys like Scott Hall & the nWo I feel privileged to have been around then to watch wrestling at it's best.

DX, NWO, and the thing that started it alll ECW with Heyman they were they days.

maybe one day the glory days will return but i doubt it

Yer couldn't agree more with ya, holy crap I browse at it now when I channel surf and see these obvious matches (John Cena always wins stuff) and weak boring watered down storylines. I miss the late 90's WCW with guys like Scott Hall & the nWo I feel privileged to have been around then to watch wrestling at it's best.

Very True on this one, theres so much predictable outcomes nowadays, and evvvverything has been done before, they cant possibly do anything new.

Id love to see TNA on foxtel, not just the mainevents (Which are on a 4 week delay)

I used to like Perry Saturn he always had the best moves and also Benoit & Malenko. The WCW Cruiserweight divison back then was sweet..

But Nothing beat Scott Hall..... "hey yo":cool:

Id love to see TNA on foxtel

In the US, Dixie Carter and Jeff Jarrett have had a few meetings with Fox cable executives. So far nothing has been announced, but with the recruitment on TNA at the moment, things are looking good for a two hour show.

If TNA signs with Fox, there is a good chance it will be on Foxtel.

Pre Attitude Era they had a slump similar to what we have now.... Good times are ahead ;)

I started following WWF during the pre-Attitude Era...

1993-1996 = The New Generation Era, the time between Hogan leaving for WCW and before Austin came on board.

Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, Razor Ramon (Scott Hall), 1-2-3 Kid (Sean Waltman) putting on great matches now and then (Shawn Michaels' iconic Iron Man and Ladder matches came from this period), but the era still had a lot of hangover elements from the 80s which were habits that were hard too to get rid of apparently such as superstar vs. jobber squashes, and joke gimmicks such as Doink the Clown, I.R.S., and Duke "The Dumpster" Droese, plus making some bad creative decisions such as allowing Mabel (now Big Daddy V) to be King of the Ring in 1995 (arguably one of the worst Pay Per View events ever). Vince knew he was just throwing stuff at a wall and going with whatever stuck.

Mid-1996 and up until late 1997 (Screwjob), it was a very interesting mix and transition with a lot of attitude era elements creeping in, but were not completely refined yet. Austin was leading the way, while Shawn Michaels joined in, while Bret Hart and the Hart Foundation were of the old guard who didn't want change. If you go on youTube, you'll find plenty of stuff from 1997 which I think was a fascinating year for the WWF, just seeing that transition from the New Generation Era to the Attitude Era slowly taking place.

WWE needs that break out star to get things going again, you had Hogan in the 80s, Austin in the 90s....

ken_kennedy_preview.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

[youtube]u1H0pF1E5T0[/youtube]
Scott Hall was a shithouse wrestler, especially later in his carrer, but he knew how to work the crowd, and other elements outside the ring, so it didn't matter, he was a grit and grind sort of wrestler, just bash the s**t out of them type of guy.

I think that is what the WWE needs to bring back, more people who know how to play to a crowd, people who can work it outside the ring not just people who can do all these special moves in the ring.

Look at Steve Austin, what type of a wrestler was he? Just a brawler, didn't give a s**t about all these stupid gimmicky moves just did his thing and went on, but when it came to working the mic, he was a superstar, same goes with The Rock and Mick Foley, now they are pretty much extinct, that is why DX was revived, they needed more outside wrestling stuff to go down, as they had no other option of making things fun anymore.

WWE/WWF was at its best from 1995-2004, it had some good bits around 2005-06 with Kane getting unmasked and Shane McMahon coming back, but it has gone downhill pretty quickly.

Look at Steve Austin, what type of a wrestler was he? Just a brawler, didn't give a s**t about all these stupid gimmicky moves just did his thing and went on, but when it came to working the mic, he was a superstar, same goes with The Rock and Mick Foley, now they are pretty much extinct

As "Stone Cold", he was primarily "just a brawler" who did show good wrestling ability esp vs Bret Hart. As "Stunning Steve Austin", he was a great wrestler.

As "Stone Cold", he was primarily "just a brawler" who did show good wrestling ability esp vs Bret Hart. As "Stunning Steve Austin", he was a great wrestler.
Yeah and he got far with the "Stunning" routine didn't he.:rolleyes:

Scott Hall was a shithouse wrestler, especially later in his carrer, but he knew how to work the crowd, and other elements outside the ring, so it didn't matter, he was a grit and grind sort of wrestler, just bash the s**t out of them type of guy.

I think that is what the WWE needs to bring back, more people who know how to play to a crowd, people who can work it outside the ring not just people who can do all these special moves in the ring.

Look at Steve Austin, what type of a wrestler was he? Just a brawler, didn't give a s**t about all these stupid gimmicky moves just did his thing and went on, but when it came to working the mic, he was a superstar, same goes with The Rock and Mick Foley, now they are pretty much extinct, that is why DX was revived, they needed more outside wrestling stuff to go down, as they had no other option of making things fun anymore.

WWE/WWF was at its best from 1995-2004, it had some good bits around 2005-06 with Kane getting unmasked and Shane McMahon coming back, but it has gone downhill pretty quickly.

Yer i agree........... your favourite wrestlers are King Booker & Kennedy

Give me a bookert pre-wwe anyday of the week :thumbsu: IMO the main thing that wwe lacks is the gang mentality. with wcw you had the filthy animals, who changed their name and themesong every 2nd week (was always good though)..and it had more than 5 members. wwe is ALL crappy boring 2 man tag-teams w/ no interference. where are the gangs?

P.S. Whoever decided to stop including entrance music w/ interferences is a complete jackass

Why was Owen Hart in the nation then? I guess to be the butt of the jokes. How many times did Chyna low-blow the bloke. lol.

But in saying that, every wrestling fan should thank the Nation for the platform in which catapulted the Rocks career.

i used to love wcw on saturday night on tcm :D

i used to love the nwo, 4 horseman,goldgerg.ddp,sting and so on :D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back