Siren Gate Fiasco #2

TFLUA-Tiger

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Coburg
Experienced Siren Gate Fiasco Number 2 at North Hobart Oval today.

Sorell VS Lauderdale Under 14 Grand Final.

Very close game all day, with Sorell up by 3 points when Robbie McManus marked for Lauderdale inside forward 50.

As he runs in, SIREN SOUNDS.

Umpires do not hear siren.

Kick is taken, mark taken on goal line.

Crowd Rushes onto field

Lauderdale Kick goal

Game ends and Lauderdale wins by 3 points.

Sorell to appeal result

Benny_

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2005
Tasmania
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
L.A.Lakers, Liverpool
Sorry to over-rule you, but just rang the president of the STJFL and the game was declared a no-result with the victory going to both teams.

Thats bullshit. We watched the tape at the football club and it will have to be changed to a sorell victory. The guy that rang said the cup will be going to Sorell. This just shows how ****ed Tasmanian football is.

TFLUA-Tiger

Premiership Player
May 3, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Coburg
Well it obviously won't be. Would be a big call to over-rule the winner.
They made the decision after watching the video replay of the game.
So you have an alliance to Sorell, Dodges and Clarence Benny (Or should I say Beamsy)

Benny_

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2005
Tasmania
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
L.A.Lakers, Liverpool
Well it obviously won't be. Would be a big call to over-rule the winner.
They made the decision after watching the video replay of the game

How can they make that decision after watching the replay. It was clear the siren went before the first lauderdale player kicked it.

TigerFan

Premiership Player
Jul 29, 2004
Hobart Rock City
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
the 'other' team
I wouldn't call them umpires, i would call them incompetent fucks. St.Kilda vs Fremantle was very similar. What happened with that in the end?

the governing body, the AFL Commission, decided to disregard the laws of the game and declare Fremantle the victor

in this case, the governing body, the STJFL, decided to declare the game a 'no result'. while not ideal, both teams had a legitimate claim to victory, and the practical application of the rules produced a result that contradicted what many people would consider to be a 'fair' result, so the STJFL did what they had to do

if you have a problem with that, I suggest you take it up with the STJFL.

Barge

Club Legend
Mar 28, 2005
Bargeville
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Claremont
Might be an idea if this has happened in an Under 14 final for Wade and the other idiots to get the siren strengthened so that this doesn't occur again at finals where there will actually be a crowd!

Imagine the outcry if this happened at say a Glenorchy v Clarence Grand Final?!

You don't expect me to believe if the same thing happened between these two both teams would be declared Winners?

Come off it!

warrane eagle

Debutant
Apr 13, 2007
The Burbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
The siren fiasco had nothing to do with the umpires... the fella who pressed the button must of pressed it for at least all of 100000th thousand of a second.... gee it was hard to hear....... and the big crowd of 100 ppl were making a hell of a racket... wonder if he will get dropped lol

footy55

All Australian
Jul 14, 2006
Villa Park
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Aston Villa
haha it wasnt u doing the siren was it sportstalk??? I noticed that you usually take the prestigious reigns of pressing the button come finals time!

warrane eagle

Debutant
Apr 13, 2007
The Burbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
hahahah he does!
Also sportstalk i love your little 5.30 wrap up on heart 107.3 fm but when announcing the games for next week can you work out if they are 2nd semi's or 1st semi's and stop saying 1st eliminator or final eliminator lol
reminds me of GLADIATOR.... Vulcan would of been a fav of yours wouldnt he Sportstalk?? apart from that top job!!

footy55

All Australian
Jul 14, 2006
Villa Park
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Aston Villa
hahahah he does!
Also sportstalk i love your little 5.30 wrap up on heart 107.3 fm but when announcing the games for next week can you work out if they are 2nd semi's or 1st semi's and stop saying 1st eliminator or final eliminator lol
reminds me of GLADIATOR.... Vulcan would of been a fav of yours wouldnt he Sportstalk?? apart from that top job!!

haha Gladiators is to funny ... Mike Whitney used to lurk as reff didnt he?!?!

Benny_

Club Legend
Jul 4, 2005
Tasmania
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
L.A.Lakers, Liverpool
Watch the ABC news and WIN news tonight, the sorell coach and match manager have been interviewed and it should be quite interesting.

Duff TV

All Australian
Suspended
Jul 3, 2007
Tasmania
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
All Football teams
Siren, scorebaord, Lights ACTION

What about the scoreboard that you can't read on a sunny day. its all a joke hey!

Time for a Nth Hobart oval make over. Widen the pockets, put up some lights ,get the Devils back there and make it all pump!!!1

Oh hang on, that all thinking outside the square. Sorry.

Back