AFL players to boycott Brownlow, post game interviews

Remove this Banner Ad

Adz

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
AFLPA are threatening to boycott any post game interviews with 7 and most importantly, to not attend the Brownlow.

Surely Dylan Howard must be sacked.
He's no Hutchy when it comes to breaking stories.
Wost career move ever.

AFLPA are threatening to boycott any post game interviews with 7 and most importantly, to not attend the Brownlow.

Wost career move ever.

If they want to teach them a real lesson, take the rights off them

Find some clause in the contract about bringing the game into disrepute. Just find something to stick it up channel 7's ass for being pathetic at both broadcasting and journalistic ethics

Wost career move ever.

That truly would be a worthy reprimand for Channel 7

If their tabloid trash journalism hurts their $500 million product then maybe they will think twice next time.

A lack of ethics will hurt them now

Channel 7 Won't have the Footy Next Year:confused:

I second that. No development of the game (was miking up a player a HUGE + - I think not!) and no other AFL product on air but 2 games a week and then not even live!!

I say give them the big heave-ho and put all games up for highest bidder wins the right to telecast it!!!

Bruce and Dennis are good.
Just get rid of Oz, Watson and Ricky.

In: Hird (special comments), Doc Larkin.

Pretty much spot on!

I lost respect for Ricky the moment he was hugging the Bombers players after a close win.

Watson and the Ox are as dumb as they come. The worst special comments ever.

Haha, few years ago no-one wanted to switch from seven! How times have changed. :p

I was one of them, i loved the thought of Seven having the tv rights back, but they have truly f**ked it up this year, they need a thorough review of this seasons broadcast.

Lets hope the players boycott the after match interviews but the Brownlow is too important (now that a Geelong player could win :D)

Watson sounds boring, and is constantly negative.

Ox is just an idiot who can barely string a sentence together.

Ricky looks and sounds nervous and it's so amatureish.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wost career move ever.
The AFLPA is the most insipid organisation ever. They do nothing and have done nothing in their sad history. If I were a player, I'd be so disappointed by an organisation, that supposedly represents me, which allows out of competititon drug testing on no sound grounds, allows the AFL to fine the players ridiculously large amounts for very minor indiscretions and allows private information re drug testing to become public knowledge.

Brendon Gale should stop talking like an intellectual lawyer and actually do something for the players.

Players should boycott all games televised by 7, and only play games if televised by Fox or 10, that'd show 'em.

The AFLPA is the most insipid organisation ever. They do nothing and have done nothing in their sad history. If I were a player, I'd be so disappointed by an organisation, that supposedly represents me, which allows out of competititon drug testing on no sound grounds, allows the AFL to fine the players ridiculously large amounts for very minor indiscretions and allows private information re drug testing to become public knowledge.

Brendon Gale should stop talking like an intellectual lawyer and actually do something for the players.

Do they?

Where was this outcry when Braun had his name dragged through the mud?:mad::thumbsdown:

Oh, my bad, I forgot it is different if the player plays for West Coast, carry on....:eek:

I can put up with 7's sub-standard coverage, but they really have stooped to a new low.

I really hope the public see what they've done to the game, and of course the unethical use of private health records.

And to think last year I was looking foward to footy being back on 7.:thumbsdown::mad::thumbsdown:

I can't believe people in this thread are saying these things with a serious face

If you believe, EVEN FOR A SECOND, that either 9 or 10 would not have done EXACTLY THE SAME thing if they were offered those documents then you are an absolute fool. Didn't 10 semi-break the story to begin with (they stole it off 7, but still).

Absolutely ridiculous, i hope this guy from the AFLPA gets canned. Doing far more damage to the game than 7 has. Players shouldn't be on drugs in the first place. Should be named and shamed.

I can't believe people in this thread are saying these things with a serious face

If you believe, EVEN FOR A SECOND, that either 9 or 10 would not have done EXACTLY THE SAME thing if they were offered those documents then you are an absolute fool. Didn't 10 semi-break the story to begin with (they stole it off 7, but still).

Absolutely ridiculous, i hope this guy from the AFLPA gets canned. Doing far more damage to the game than 7 has. Players shouldn't be on drugs in the first place. Should be named and shamed.

didnt we hear demetriou say on radio something about other media organisations being offered the info and knocking it back? or was this just andy spinning more shite?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back