BWST

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Apr 28, 2007
In The Swamp
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Keep on pluggin Rooch.

Maybe Thomson will be Australian, and honour his bet.

Maybe a Grand Final training sesh, if we make it ?

In a Power Guernsey of course :thumbsu:

Thompson ;). Interesting to note Rooch reckons he's on the crows trade list. Probably their super-deal for Westhoff ... :rolleyes:;)

crow87

THE BEAST
Sep 14, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
sfc, AUCC
Thompson ;). Interesting to note Rooch reckons he's on the crows trade list. Probably their super-deal for Westhoff ... :rolleyes:;)
Bring it on, not for Westoff but bring it on I say, Thompson is far from untradable, if someone were to offer the right deal I'd be pretty keen. I dont think its true though.
Just out of interest Im guessing you guys are interested in the scotty counter? Or is everyone a bit over it down port way as well? Im just wondering your honest opinions. FWIW I think its a bit stupid and Rooch doesnt want to admit no-one cares by removing it from the roast.

BWST

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Apr 28, 2007
In The Swamp
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Thompson is far from untradable, if someone were to offer the right deal I'd be pretty keen.:thumbsu:

Bloody Oath, i'd trade him too.

A professional AFL Footballer, that kicks the nut out on the full, in the backlines, in the dying seconds, of a cut throat final ?

Should be traded for two Granny's that can knit, and kick a ball down the guts.

In fear of this post ending up in Bay 13, i say that Thomson still owes Kane Cornes a bet, that he lost.

Come train with us Scotty......we have a few sessions left. Your on holiday :rolleyes:

crow87

THE BEAST
Sep 14, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
sfc, AUCC
Bloody Oath, i'd trade him too.

A professional AFL Footballer, that kicks the nut out on the full, in the backlines, in the dying seconds, of a cut throat final ?

Should be traded for two Granny's that can knit, and kick a ball down the guts.

In fear of this post ending up in Bay 13, i say that Thomson still owes Kane Cornes a bet, that he lost.

Come train with us Scotty......we have a few sessions left. Your on holiday :rolleyes:
Its not the fact that Thommo makes mistakes (though it doesnt help) its his lack of discipline that gets me and because I reckon we'd get a bit for him I would be somewhat inclined to consider trading.
The only problem I'd have with Thommo honouring his bet is that would be that it makes Rooch feel like hes won in some way :D
PS we've got enough grannies;)

BWST

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Apr 28, 2007
In The Swamp
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Its not the fact that Thommo makes mistakes (though it doesnt help)

Your right. :thumbsu:

It's the fact that he hasn't honoured a very public bet.

I'm sure he made that bet, with Kane Cornes, on Channel 7. Last year, before the last ShowDown, 2006.

Cmon Scotty, bring it on home.......or forever be Kane's biatch.

Training sessions are still available. Choco will teach you how to not panick, and not kick out in the full. You must wear our BWST Guernsey though :thumbsu:

Jul 11, 2007
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
even chad put on a crows guernsey and walked into some crow-populated area (think it might have been a tavern or something) when port lost a showdown.

this was done for chad and goodwin's footy tipping segment on ch 9, last year or the year before

blackdiamond

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 7, 2000
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
New Orleans Saints, Detroit Tigers
Look at the results of a Port boy going to the cows, they become jelly kneed

Look at the results of any of our players who are traded to other clubs, nothing much comes of them.

Harley is the only one who is any kind of chance to add a premiership to his name, nobody after being traded from the Power has done so before.

BWST

Norm Smith Medallist
Suspended
Apr 28, 2007
In The Swamp
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Look at the results of any of our players who are traded to other clubs, nothing much comes of them.

Harley is the only one who is any kind of chance to add a premiership to his name, nobody after being traded from the Power has done so before.

Yep !!......which player has ever starred, after leaving Port ???

Adam Hueskes ? Nup !!

He's the only one i can think of that may of played a little. But no cigar.

Choco is a good judge of character. I've always said it.

blackdiamond

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 7, 2000
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Yep !!......which player has ever starred, after leaving Port ???

Adam Hueskes ? Nup !!

He's the only one i can think of that may of played a little. But no cigar.

I'm talking more the way of players that won premierships after leaving our club, which of course there are none.

Troy Wingate

Premiership Player
Jun 19, 2005
Salisbury
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Port Adelaide Magpies
Your right. :thumbsu:

It's the fact that he hasn't honoured a very public bet.

I'm sure he made that bet, with Kane Cornes, on Channel 7. Last year, before the last ShowDown, 2006.

Cmon Scotty, bring it on home.......or forever be Kane's biatch.

Training sessions are still available. Choco will teach you how to not panick, and not kick out in the full. You must wear our BWST Guernsey though :thumbsu:

Your right, he made the bet on channel 10 during their weekly footy catch-up.

Common Scott, a bets a bet. If your man enough to make it, you should be man enough to follow through on it.

Toots Hibbert

Brownlow Medallist
Veteran 10k Posts RIP
Oct 14, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Man U,Packers,Feyenoord
I don't think Scott Thompson was the problem. Steven Trigg put a stop to him visiting Alberton. He claimed it would interfere with the Crows finals preparations but IMO he wanted to avoid embarrassment for his organisation. In the end if Thompson had gone to training in a Port jumper and collected autographs he would have been seen as a decent bloke and the whole thing would have disappeared in 24 hours. Triggs behaviour ensured the Crows had egg on their faces.

I don't mind Rucci stirring the pot but really this is last year's new isn't it?

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
I don't think Scott Thompson was the problem. Steven Trigg put a stop to him visiting Alberton. He claimed it would interfere with the Crows finals preparations but IMO he wanted to avoid embarrassment for his organisation. In the end if Thompson had gone to training in a Port jumper and collected autographs he would have been seen as a decent bloke and the whole thing would have disappeared in 24 hours. Triggs behaviour ensured the Crows had egg on their faces.

I don't mind Rucci stirring the pot but really this is last year's new isn't it?
Good post Toots :thumbsu:

Trigg has created this saga. Scott Thompson is the victim of Trigg's sensitivity to doing anything that may in the slightest way upset some poor Crows supporter. I'm sure he sent all their members an email explaining in great length his reasons for not allowing Scotty to honour the bet. :rolleyes:

Rucci looks a bit silly for continuing to push this particular barrow but I also don't mind him stirring Crow supporters. He should let it go after we win the GF though :)

Combining bestiality with necrophilia is like flogging a dead horse.

AndrewJo

Club Legend
Jul 14, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Redbacks.

Is this the reason Rucci did not have any article about the Power in today's Advertiser?? What a disgrace that the chief football writer can't get close to the Power to give the fans some snippet abouit the coming Prelim final. Five pages of football and all Rooch can do is continue his sniping at Craigy. As a fan I am interested in this weeks games. What is this guy on??

Aug 30, 2004
Kaurna Land
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Vikings, Canadiens, Sharks
Is this the reason Rucci did not have any article about the Power in today's Advertiser?? What a disgrace that the chief football writer can't get close to the Power to give the fans some snippet abouit the coming Prelim final. Five pages of football and all Rooch can do is continue his sniping at Craigy. As a fan I am interested in this weeks games. What is this guy on??
This is not the first time that Rucci hasn't had any articles on Port. I wonder if it is because of his (perceived) bias towards Port that he doesn't write all the Port articles but lets Andrew Capel with his (perceived) anti-Port bias write them.

But then again maybe Rucci is just lazy. Writing an article sniping at Craig would be such a simple task. All he needs to do is read the Crows board on BigFooty for ideas. :p

blackdiamond

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 7, 2000
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams

Whats new? Its always been the ad(v)e(r)laidetiser.

Back