Why are so many bagging Kennedy ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Kempie

Club Legend
Apr 8, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
West Coast
I realize he's got a lot of recent attention by being associated with the Carlton deal/no deal.

Okay, I understand that most folks here that are so ready to slag anyone , are the usual fat-gutted, fat-assed 'uncos' who couldn't even get a kick at Armadale Train Station at midnight, but why are so many so willing to join in on this 'gang-bang' of a guy that hasn't done anything wrong ?

Maybe it doesn't matter, but I'm ashamed of those tosser Eagles/WA supporters who say stuff like "Dud, Spud, Crap, etc, etc.. we don't want him !'

And then when he (maybe) responds with 'Well, I don't want to be there, if that's how they feel', you get guys like Embers saying 'Told ya !!"

I don't know how good he is as a footballer, but WCE 'supporters' here on BF have been utterly disgraceful towards him.

Piss poor :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

I realize he's got a lot of recent attention by being associated with the Carlton deal/no deal.

Okay, I understand that most folks here that are so ready to slag anyone , are the usual fat-gutted, fat-assed 'uncos' who couldn't even get a kick at Armadale Train Station at midnight, but why are so many so willing to join in on this 'gang-bang' of a guy that hasn't done anything wrong ?

Maybe it doesn't matter, but I'm ashamed of those tosser Eagles/WA supporters who say stuff like "Dud, Spud, Crap, etc, etc.. we don't want him !'

And then when he (maybe) responds with 'Well, I don't want to be there, if that's how they feel', you get guys like Embers saying 'Told ya !!"

I don't know how good he is as a footballer, but WCE 'supporters' here on BF have been utterly disgraceful towards him.

Piss poor :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

He may not have done anything particularly wrong, but the real issue is has he done anything right?

He may not have done anything particularly wrong, but the real issue is has he done anything right?

Exactly the question !

It seems, from the relatively unbiased (ie the non-Judd-transfer obsessed) that he's done pretty well with limitied AFL game time, and other than that he's put in as well.

What really, really pisses me off is how he's been slagged off here on BF, and more shamefully here on the WCE board.

It's as good as reason as anyone wanting any sort of footy-future not visiting BF I guess.:(

I haven't seen enough of Kennedy to form an opinion as to whether or not he's any good, suffice to say if the Eagles deem him worthy as part of the trade deal for Judd then I'll hope he does well in our colours (there was a thread started by Big Cox suggesting we should boo him if he played for us which I think was deleted).

Much of the hostility towards him has been fed by some Carlton supporters suggesting he is some kind of champion whilst being just a little too eager to push him out the door.

To me he seems like a project type forward who would be competing for a spot with Lynch, Hansen, Staker and Brown without showing much so far to suggest he would be better than any of them. But as I said earlier I haven't taken much notice of him so I could be wrong.

I haven't seen enough of Kennedy to form an opinion as to whether or not he's any good, suffice to say if the Eagles deem him worthy as part of the trade deal for Judd then I'll hope he does well in our colours (there was a thread started by Big Cox suggesting we should boo him if he played for us which I think was deleted).

Much of the hostility towards him has been fed by some Carlton supporters suggesting he is some kind of champion whilst being just a little too eager to push him out the door.

To me he seems like a project type forward who would be competing for a spot with Lynch, Hansen, Staker and Brown without showing much so far to suggest he would be better than any of them. But as I said earlier I haven't taken much notice of him so I could be wrong.

Agreed on all counts. However, what gets me about Kennedy is I can't see a clear fit for him in the team. However, I guess he would have been good when Hansen and Brown were out this year. :eek:

Agreed on all counts. However, what gets me about Kennedy is I can't see a clear fit for him in the team. However, I guess he would have been good when Hansen and Brown were out this year. :eek:

That's the problem with Kennedy as I see it - he's doesn't appear a walk up start in our best 22 so his value is hard to assess for us mortals.

After seeing Hunter take runner up in the B&F in a year I thought he struggled until late in the season, I'm seriously questioning my football knowledge.

It has nothing to do with Kennedy as a player. He's a KPP and he's only what 20? Odds are he will probably turn into a decent player (or maybe even more), but thats not the point.

We are bagging him, because we are trying to illustrate to the thickheaded Carlton supporters, that Kennedy is not worth Sweet F.A. and therefore should not be used as the main component of a Judd trade.

For example 3,20,Kennedy. 3 and 20 are obviously not even close to enough. Therefore they added Kennedy. Carlton supporters seem to think that he has all the potential in the world and they also continually remind us that he was pick 4. They seem to think that he is still worth that, which is not true whatsoever. And therefore we are forced to abuse and bag Kennedy to prove our point. Although KPP often take longer to develop, their ability is often cited early and at the moment, it is more likely that Kennedy will be nothing more than a good player who was picked way too early in the draft. My opinion at the moment is that he is worth little more than Mitch Brown, who was Pick 16 that year.

Anyway, i don't think you should take the Kennedy abuse to heart, because no-one means it. We just don't want him in return for the best player in the AFL. :thumbsu:

22 games, 11 goals says a lot. Especially if you compare him to other talls like Justin Westhoff (pick 71) who achieved 14 games, 33 goals. Both did not take the main defender for most of the season (Kennedy had Fevola) and (Westhoff had Motlop/Tredrea)

That's the problem with Kennedy as I see it - he's doesn't appear a walk up start in our best 22 so his value is hard to assess for us mortals.

After seeing Hunter take runner up in the B&F in a year I thought he struggled until late in the season, I'm seriously questioning my football knowledge.

If you're questioning your knowledge then so am I, I don't think any of us saw that coming.

Kennedy just seems like he may have been developed badly at Carlton... I haven't seen that much of him so I can't truly comment on him, but if a lot of reports are true then I would trust our own players that were developed by us over him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

..there was a thread started by Big Cox suggesting we should boo him if he played for us which I think was deleted.

Yes. Probably the worst ever thread ever. It's a pity Sux Big Cox wasn't deleted along with (any of) his threads.

That's mostly meaningless, on balance

To me he seems like a project type forward who would be competing for a spot with Lynch, Hansen, Staker and Brown ..

That's my point really. He's having a go, and it's a total disgrace anyone here is dumping on the guy, really.

Embers...most can forgive him because he's just so weird and his 'in-the-know-goss' is legendary BF entertainment, so his insults about JK mean as much as .... ??

That's my point really. He's having a go, and it's a total disgrace anyone here is dumping on the guy, really.

BF is rife with that sort of uneducated analysis of players, unfortunately.

I have wondered though how Carlton are dealing with Kennedy - I imagine it would be pretty unsettling for a young guy to have his name so freely and carelessly tossed around as part of a trade particularly if he is happy at Carlton.

Hopefully they have been honest with him and said that despite what is written he is safe and will not be traded or that if they are considering trading him they have told him it is a possibility and have asked him for his thoughts on where he would like to go if he is being put up for trade.

It has nothing to do with Kennedy as a player. He's a KPP and he's only what 20? Odds are he will probably turn into a decent player (or maybe even more), but thats not the point.

We are bagging him, because we are trying to illustrate to the thickheaded Carlton supporters, that Kennedy is not worth Sweet F.A. and therefore should not be used as the main component of a Judd trade.

I suppose that's my point really, when it comes down to it.

Judd's been there, done it, got a quid or two, will get a few quid more no doubt.

And Kennedy is then somehow worth SFA ??

Screw Judd, screw Carlton, and all the poxy horses they rode in on.

Judd to the PSD for mine :D

We have no room for Kennedy on our best 22. He need an other 50 games invested in him to be any good and be expected to win his position week in, week out. We have too many KPP's i front of him and we are in a premiership window and can't give him that. He is only being mentioned as part of trade as he is western australian. Not because he is the type of player we need or has achieved anythig great. It's carlton that are trying to force him into the trade with us. He may end up being a good player. I would expect he wil probably be a 150 game player but there is no place for him at our club right now. If carlton want to include him in the deal they are better off offloading him to another club for a draft pick and on trading that to us. Then we will get a reflection of what he is really worth on the open maket and it will be better for him and the eagles if that happens.

Im over it to tell you the truth. Poor bloke, his name being tossed around by everyone, suggestions that he should be booed if he comes to the Eagles.

Give him a chance FFS. Im sure Woosha would get the best out of him

We have no room for Kennedy on our best 22. He need an other 50 games invested in him to be any good and be expected to win his position week in, week out. We have too many KPP's i front of him and we are in a premiership window and can't give him that.

Bless you for trying, Herr 15 !

Sadly we don't have anthing much in the way of forward KPP's :(

He is only being mentioned as part of trade as he is western australian.

Yes. And that's important, despite the multitude of pricks here that don't attach any significance to that :confused:

..but there is no place for him at our club right now.

I'd hope there would always be a place for a good WA player here in WA.

I stand by what what I've said when I started this thread ..

WA/Eagles 'alleged' supporters bagging Kennedy are the total pits :thumbsdown:

We might not have a LLoyd or a Carey in the way of KPP but we do have Lynch, Hansen, Staker, Hunter, Seaby (when not rucking which is 80% of the game) already in the team in the forward line and who would allplay in front of Kennedy at this stage and Mitch Brown, Schofield, Mckenzie all doing well in the WAFL and pushing for selection. We can't play them all. You only really need 2 in the forward line at any one time, kempie.

So, yes, we do have too many KPP players in front of Kennedy at the moment. And if we do give game time to Kennedy it will be at the expense of one of the other younger forwards who will probably up and leave a year later due to lack of opportunity.

Kennedy would not add much to our list that is not there already. he will be a good player, but as i said it will be better for him to go to a club where he will get the investment, gametime and development he needs and better for the eagles to get a gun midfielder or another draft pick instaed of him.

Good player potentially but wrong fit for our club at this time.

We can't play them all. You only really need 2 in the forward line at any one time, kempie.

Mmm, I'd actually go for 6 hungry pack-mentality fsckers myself, but what do I know ??

Good player potentially but wrong fit for our club at this time.

That was never the point.

The point is, why do pricks like Embers, Sux Big Cox, et al, have to denigrate him ?

It's just an outlet for the resentment we all feel at carlton's sub-standard offer and the possibility that unless we get another club to make an offer and start a mini-bidding war we may just have to eat the s*** sandwich that Judd, Connors and Swann have conspired to put in front of us. It is very upsetting. But it is not kennedy's fault and the opinion of a few people won't top him having a decent career if he is good enough. If he wants to blame somone for throwing his name around he should blame carlton. They are the ones that offered him up to the eagles as part of the trade straight off the bat. We have never mentioned or chased him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back