deeman12

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2006
home
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
demons
This show is bloody hilarious, sorry if there is alread a thread but im pretty sure they would all be on the U.K. one. Anyway just cause its american it doesnt mean its not funny. Bloody funny s**t., i love michaels attitude and his eye movements.

Ive never watched the U.K one, ive never seen it come on free to air tv and i havent got foxtel. Anyway ill take your word for it and download it.

yeah do, not saying in anyway the yanky one is bad its just the UK one is better, and gets you attached to the characters more, if you wathc it enjoy:thumbsu:

Love it. Got season one on sale at JB not really knowing what to expect and thought it was hilarious.

Dwight is greatness personified.

I called it the worst show in the history of TV about 2-3 years ago after watching the imitation episodes (it truely was horrible).

But i am now a huge fan! They've crafted their own thing, and doing it well.
I really dont like Jim though. Even though he may be a girl's perfect idea of a man, i think he's a sleezeball who's only nice to women he wants to bang.

Tim much better!

Love it, got the first 2 seasons on DVD

Best episode - Basketball against the warehouse staff

Anyone downloading the torrents for season 4?

Loved the last episode with Dwight vs the Internet site, and Jim and Pam's prank..."Just became self aware, so much to figure out. I think I am programmed to be your enemy. I think it is my job to destroy you when it comes to selling paper" lol

The whole dynamic of Michael vs Ryan is great as well.

Love it, got the first 2 seasons on DVD

Best episode - Basketball against the warehouse staff

Haha, just watched it this morning.

Love the way Michael puts Stanley in the team because he is black. When Stanley finally gets the ball he dribbles like a tardo, hunched over with his left hand raised in the air to keep balance. Michael reaction is great:

"WHAT?!?!?! You gotta be kidding me!"

Hilarious stuff!

If you havent seen it, skip about the first few episodes of Season 1 - they're terrible. That's all that was shown here in prime time, and thus, most people dismiss the show without seeing the rest of the series, which is a shame. I too turned off after the pilot, but caught some of the second series late at night, and have been a fan since.

And yes, it's not better than the UK version. I wouldn't say it's up there with the likes of Arrested Development and Curb Your Enthusiasm. But it's still fantastic, and Ten dropped the ball on it. They shouldn't have buried it as early as they did.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well i watched it before i watched the UK (which is the opposite of most people). The first season was.... Very poor. I didn't mind some of the later episodes but the show and characters just didn't gel...

Season 2 and 3 imo are better than the UK office. Its just hilarious. I think Ricky Gervais is better than Carrell but the other characters in the American one are better. Jim and Dwight are just hilarious...

Just my opinion.

It's a great show. It still doesn't come close to the UK version, but neither does many other quality shows. Didn't watch it for ages after seeing the pilot, but am hooked now. Although I must say i'm finding the characters less and less enjoyable.

I agree with a couple of previous posters, in that the great strength and advantage of the UK version was the character development. In the US version, I can't stand Jim - he is a git, and they have overdone some of the lesser characters - just made them plain unlikeable.

Pam and Dwight are nowhere near Dawn and Gareth either.

Only Michael and Stanley are quality (and likeable) characters.

The girl who has the crush on Jim in his new office is smoking hot in my opinion.

Can't find pics though.

Good too see the US version finally getting some recognition, easily one of my favourite shows over the last 2 years. After a shaky start it has been nothing but quality since, and season 4 has been no different with some great new storylines developing.

IMO it is unfair to compare the UK and US versions. Yes the UK version is better, but you have to remember they only made 12 episodes plus a christmas special. The US version is now around 60 episodes old and keeps getting better, a feat i dont think they could of achieved with the UK version.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back