Remove this Banner Ad

FOOOOTY

Premiership Player
RIP
Aug 27, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Seems a bit strange that plainclothes cops arrested him, and Chick? in another location.

FOOOOTY

Premiership Player
RIP
Aug 27, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
I think they were most likely tipped off by someone who saw Cousins out.. but OCI isnt that the gang squad? i would love to know what they questioned him about

Aug 4, 2003
WA
AFL Club
West Coast
They will have been keeping an eye on him since the Mainwaring death which is still under investigation and saw the opportunity to swoop I think.

Lots more to come to light I'd suspect.

Very big scalp for the cops, Ben Cousins is the national face of drug use.

H-BOMB

Debutant
Apr 17, 2007
Kalgoorlie WA
AFL Club
Carlton
It would appear to be...plain clothes...just happened to be in the right place at the right time with 2 cars....also happened to find Chick at the same time....maybe more to come...dont think Ben is worth that much effort if he is only using????????

EscapeHere

Team Captain
Jun 1, 2003
Montreal, QC, Canada
AFL Club
West Coast
I think they were most likely tipped off by someone who saw Cousins out.. but OCI isnt that the gang squad? i would love to know what they questioned him about

Put it this way. Something is very wrong with the police force in WA if they're allocating 10+ plain clothes policemen from OCI to go out and swoop on a "small fry" druggy and hit them with a possession charge. They held him all up for over 8 hours. Having that many cops spend that long all for a piss weak possession charge?? I would say if that's how they work they need to get new management and reallocate their resources.

Would seem they were looking for something bigger but didn't find it. Or alternatively, they wanted him to talk about something and were using the possession charge (and subsequent public outcry) as bait to make him fess up.

I would hope my police force are professional and have better things to do than simply nab Ben Cousins for any charge they could get "because it's Ben Cousins".

FOOOOTY

Premiership Player
RIP
Aug 27, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Definately a lot more to come to light, was it a large quantity or small quantity of drugs found?

Was it an organised operation suggesting surveillance?

What other eagles players were out that night other then Chick and Cousins?

WCE planning a chrisis meeting this morning ill be betting they'll be putting the hard word on a lot of their players after this to find out what exactly has been going on since the end of the season.

Sep 9, 2004
Where No Birds Fly
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide/Sturt/Wingfield
Put it this way. Something is very wrong with the police force in WA if they're allocating 10+ plain clothes policemen from OCI to go out and swoop on a "small fry" druggy and hit them with a possession charge.
Or you could put it this way.

There is something wrong with Ben for him to warrant all the attention

They held him all up for over 8 hours. Having that many cops spend that long all for a piss weak possession charge?? I would say if that's how they work they need to get new management and reallocate their resources.
Or they were waiting for bail applications and the media to die down so they could allow Ben to escape froma back door? How do you know exactly what they were thinking?

Would seem they were looking for something bigger but didn't find it. Or alternatively, they wanted him to talk about something and were using the possession charge (and subsequent public outcry) as bait to make him fess up.
Standard , just dont hear about Joe Balga spending 8 hours in lock up

I would hope my police force are professional and have better things to do than simply nab Ben Cousins for any charge they could get "because it's Ben Cousins".
Umm what would you expect a professional police force to do? Nothing?

Do you truly believe if this was a ''lets get Ben'' sting ?

Someone once told me the first sign of drug abuse is paranoia

FOOOOTY

Premiership Player
RIP
Aug 27, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Yea seriously as if 2 cars following each other absoloutely filled with detectives from the organised crime squad just "happened" to notice cousins driving eratically. And then magically Daniel Chick is arrested at another location. Searching cars and homes this has to be something bigger or at least the police beleive its something bigger.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

FOOOOTY

Premiership Player
RIP
Aug 27, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Melbourne
Hahaha, even if you were driving perfectly they would say it was suspicious that you were trying to not be noticed.

Anyone who knows anything about the ways things operate will recognise this for what it is - an operation.

Standard practice in Vic to pull over a target for a driving offence and subsequent drug sweep so that they have something to hold him with, not get sued and have the upper hand in questioning. The cops know exactly what they will find when they pull the car over.

For the doubting Thomases - How many times have you ever been pulled over by a car full of suits?

bickley26

All Australian
Jul 27, 2006
Among them
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
B.C.D.
Definately a lot more to come to light, was it a large quantity or small quantity of drugs found?

Was it an organised operation suggesting surveillance?

What other eagles players were out that night other then Chick and Cousins?

WCE planning a chrisis meeting this morning ill be betting they'll be putting the hard word on a lot of their players after this to find out what exactly has been going on since the end of the season.

I think you might find that the 3rd person involved and charged may give you the answer.

West Coast 06

Premium Platinum
Jun 5, 2006
Home
AFL Club
West Coast
Anyone who knows anything about the ways things operate will recognise this for what it is - an operation.

Standard practice in Vic to pull over a target for a driving offence and subsequent drug sweep so that they have something to hold him with, not get sued and have the upper hand in questioning. The cops know exactly what they will find when they pull the car over.

For the doubting Thomases - How many times have you ever been pulled over by a car full of suits?
And with Channel 9 there filming the whole thing!!

It was organised.

Strike Swiftly

Premiership Player
Mar 15, 2007
Australia
AFL Club
Essendon
how many times have you been seen with mafioso, been sent overseas for rehab, ran from a booze bus, been present during a shooting, been locked up for drunk amonst others. thats probably why you havent been pulled over by two cars of detectives me thinks

West Coast 06

Premium Platinum
Jun 5, 2006
Home
AFL Club
West Coast
how many times have you been seen with mafioso, been sent overseas for rehab, ran from a booze bus, been present during a shooting, been locked up for drunk amonst others. thats probably why you havent been pulled over by two cars of detectives me thinks
All the rest are right, but he was not present at that shooting.

SweetLeftFoot

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Mar 16, 2005
True centre half forward
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Hibees
Let's not forget that Cousins has very close links with the biggest gangsters in WA, and refused to assist police over a very serious crime - a nightclub shooting - that involved very serious gangsters.

I wonder where he had been prior to his arrest ...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back