Official GVFL thread (part 1)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Official GVFL thread

Mate you could be right, perhaps I am envious. But speaking to one of Seymours major sponspors before the start of this year he thought that being only $54,000 in red for two flags wasn't bad. How much in the red after three? Call me an economic conservative but spending money you dont have to me isn't smart in the long run.

I have been told from someone who knows exactly what is going on within the relm's of the SFNC, that the club has had a very successful year under Stuey Locke. On top of the 2 more flags of course.

If they were in such debt, why would the likes of Saad, Chewy, etc stay? As you said, can't spend money you don't have. Seymour have fantastic sponsors and loyal supporters. Let just hope Stuey Locke can give it another year.

As a matter of fact I do know Chris personally and never had any bad experiences with him - but I know what I know and i'll stick to it. Chris is a good bloke but I wonder whether he'd be a step in the right direction for Kyabram given their "spin" of recent weeks. Would have thought they'd be looking forward rather than back at someone like Afro. Also - refer to what Jimbob said. I reckon he's on the mark. As for Singh - i'm only going on what I read and hear so no - like you I don't know him personally.

How is recruiting good footballers and ex local ones at that, a step in the wrong direction. I hardly think Ky is in the position to be not chasing guys like that. As it is failr clear that what they have at the moment is no where near good enough. With attitudes like yours Ky will stay where they are. Exactly what direction are they heading than if they would not want players of that calibre.

Any word of any gvl teams hitting the training track yet? also is jeremy o'brien all people crack him up to be? wouldnt think he would be a big loss to bears..maty byers leaving last year is worth 3 o'briens?

i heard tatura were infront for his signature. what about his brother
Are Tatura spending up big again? Its been awhile since a Mick Gayfer or Derek Kickett rode into town! Is it true Aaron Hammil was seen at the club recently? Very good source!

Are Tatura spending up big again? Its been awhile since a Mick Gayfer or Derek Kickett rode into town! Is it true Aaron Hammil was seen at the club recently? Very good source!
Believe their coach was also seen with Lance Whitnall

Heard Derek talk about this recently. Played the 94 night series for Tat and wasn't real happy with the prospect of playing country footy so his wife got on the phone to Andrew Ireland in the car on the way home from a game and signed him up with Sydney forthwith.

Yeah right! NOT. Just talk to last years coaches or mates he went to school with for an oppinion!

I've only played against him, but i am good mates with him. I can't see why coaches would have a problem with him. But i can see why his class mates would.
Jealousy's a curse my friend!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are all the AFL delisted players going to get a mention. stop talking sh*t and talk about issues.
Aparently Wayne Carey's close to signing at mansfield, give it a rest!
Hey, uwishuwereme, if you dont like what is written, dont get your mum to read it for you

Can someone please post the articles that were in the Shepp News today.

Your subscription run out?

Putamorsi sounds out ex-Magpies
By Richard Goodbody

Euroa coach David Putamorsi believes he can breathe new life into the Magpies, despite the recent loss of gun onballer Mark Clayton.
Having recently taken over the reins from David Gleeson, Putamorsi, who returns to the club after a fouryear stint in charge of Tungamah, is adamant the Magpies are on the up.
Just two months after taking control at Euroa, the former Goulburn Valley Football League star has been in discussions with a number of players, but is yet to get a formal commitment from his targets.
"Mark's bought a property in Geelong, so he's going to play somewhere down there," Putamorsi said.
"Other than that I expect to keep our list.
"Shane's (Clayton) going around again, so that's great news and we're hoping to lure a number of our former players back.
"People don't realise until they're gone how good they are, but we're in discussions with a few and hopefully they jump on board."
At the top of Putamorsi's wish list is Craig Marshall, Daniel Thomson and Matthew Mills.
Nathan Gilliland, who left the Magpies to coach Sandhurst this year, is also a potential recruit, but remains the least likely of the four.
"We're hoping Craig comes back," Putamorsi said.
"He's been in Darwin, but he's a good chance . . . and Daniel Thomson didn't play at all this year, so we're hopeful of him too."
Euroa will start its pre-season campaign with a training run on December 2.

Williams inspires enthusiasm among Bombers
By Richard Goodbody

The Dave Williams era at Kyabram is beginning to take shape.
Less than a month after arriving at the Bombers' hanger, Williams oversaw a club meeting last week at which more than 100 current and prospective players were in attendance.
While the season proper is still months away, Kyabram president Peter Croxford said the enthusiasm reverberating around the club was electric.
"Everybody is as keen as keen," Croxford said yesterday.
"We had a great night, probably one of the best turnouts I've ever seen.
"The younger players have got a lot of respect for Dave and they're looking forward to a good year."
Despite the recent losses of Paul Burnett and Josh Finn, the Bombers are hoping to announce a number of signings within the next fortnight.
Among the faces spotted at Kyabram last week was Rushworth premiership coach Scott Hanson.
The former Goulburn Valley Football League star, who played 106 games including the 1999 flag under Williams at Rochester, remained coy about his future.
"Dave and I hit it off pretty well," Hanson said last week.
"I'm 33 now but I might be able to slot into the backline and have a run on the ball if everything turns out okay.
"There are no promises at this stage."

Cheers mate. Yeah, the subscription ran out. Might get one again next February.

Interesting to see Hanson may go to Ky. I reckon he will. He was pretty keen to go back to Rochy this year, from what I've heard.

Cheers mate. Yeah, the subscription ran out. Might get one again next February.

Interesting to see Hanson may go to Ky. I reckon he will. He was pretty keen to go back to Rochy this year, from what I've heard.

Mine must be due to drop out any day.

Reckon they could swing me a discount on the next one, because Manbearpig got mentioned again in print on Friday.

Mine must be due to drop out any day.

Reckon they could swing me a discount on the next one, because Manbearpig got mentioned again in print on Friday.

I'm sure Rob will offer a discount, especially considering the kind words you offered him.:D

What did it say on Friday?

I'm sure Rob will offer a discount, especially considering the kind words you offered him.:D

What did it say on Friday?

A placid beast

A regular contributor to the Goulburn Valley Football League sub-forum of online footy discussion website www.bigfooty.com, user "ManBearPig", has become a favourite of my sport colleagues here at The News.
In some breaking news, the source of the nick-name, South Park, has had the theme of ManBearPig return to American television screens during the past two weeks with dramatic effect.
The concept of a "half bear, half man-pig" originally appeared in an episode in April last year as a parody of Al Gore's campaign to increase global warming awareness.
But in last week's episode ManBearPig appeared for the first time in the flesh and ran riot through the American defence department, killing two scientists.
Here's hoping the Goulburn Valley's own Bigfooty version of ManBearPig is somewhat more placid.

Who is leaving & who is the new recruits @ seymour. Is Joe Amad going back there and taking some Northcote park players with him.

Who is leaving & who is the new recruits @ seymour. Is Joe Amad going back there and taking some Northcote park players with him.

I was talking to Joe Amad last week and he seemed happy at Northcote Park. Saying that, he also said that he reckons the best club he has played at is Seymour. Only question is how much value would you get out of him now? He'd be early/mid 40's wouldn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.