Favourite 12th man moment

Aug 7, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I'm a bit bored so i thought i'd just ask what your favourite 12th man moment is. Mine would be in "the final dig" when mike (max) walker calls richie to put in an audition for the CCP and richie agrees to listen and then walks out to lunch. I've heard it so many times but i can't stop laughing at it.:D Honourabe mentions also to any scene with ray warren or big dazza eastlake in it.

Rick18

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm a bit bored so i thought i'd just ask what your favourite 12th man moment is. Mine would be in "the final dig" when mike (max) walker calls richie to put in an audition for the CCP and richie agrees to listen and then walks out to lunch. I've heard it so many times but i can't stop laughing at it.:D Honourabe mentions also to any scene with ray warren or big dazza eastlake in it.

Ah so many memories, so many hours I've spent listening to them. Can't really narrow it down to one, so I might have to come back later and add some more in.

I just listened to the soccer clip from Wired World of Sports II:
"Wide ball to the substitute Smith. I hope I've pronounced that correctly"
"Hecantski, does well, nowhecanski, socansheski, wecanallski, good run, has a shotski, GOALSKI! 2-0ski Australia!"

The 2-0ski Australia has to be the most quoted thing when I'm with my mates :D

Just listened to the last two (The final dig & Boned) on trips to and from Adelaide and they are bloody hilarious. I figure if at christmas time i listen to them then by the next christmas i can listen again without knowing it off by heart. Boned has to be the best for me. The final dig was good but Boned had me laughing the whole time.

Final dig when chappeli does shakespere. gets me going every time, remeder i was listening too it in the car as a very posh old couple walks past just as chappeli says the big C word was ****en hilerious seeing the look on their faces lol. Tweleth man is pure gold

LIONS then DAYLIGHT

Brownlow Medallist
Suspended
Nov 13, 2004
Proud Queenslander
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Aussie Cricket Team, Roy, Punter.
Final dig when chappeli does shakespere. gets me going every time, remeder i was listening too it in the car as a very posh old couple walks past just as chappeli says the big C word was ****en hilerious seeing the look on their faces lol. Tweleth man is pure gold

So you drive around with all your windows down and the dodgy sub woofer blaring thinking that everyone is impressed by your taste of entertainment?

arzach

Team Captain
Aug 12, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Good thread. I'm getting bored of all this controversy crap.

I remember I found the "Wired World of Sports" tape laying around when I was about 10 and thought it was the funniest thing ever (and it's probably why I'm such a potty mouth now).

So much gold it's hard to pick a favorite moment. The Richie speaking French always cracks me up.
"Le fungus? What f***ing le fungs?"
"what to you propose? la remedy?"

Jizza9

Club Legend
May 16, 2007
South Coast NSW
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Knights-NRL
"Hecantski, does well, nowhecanski, socansheski, wecanallski, good run, has a shotski, GOALSKI! 2-0ski Australia!"

I love that bit. I regularly use Goalski in everyday speech too. Haven't heard it for ages.

Could you tell me what track it is off that cd so I can download it? Cheers

flight23

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 7, 2007
Bondi
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Da Bulls
someone can edit this to make it axact but the WWOS

"so if you were out getting shitfaced and have taped the game and dont wanna know the result........look away now"

"do the words ****ing doyen mean anything to you"

"jeff...leave the door open...its a....bit stuffy in here"

this thread will run for years

Aug 7, 2006
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Just remembered another couple of favourites from the final dig. The opening scne where the gay waiter mistakes richie for darryl eastlake. GOLD! and also when bill and tony are commentating the final over of the aus v nz game and bill sticks his head out the window of the comm box and goes sumthing like " Ohh knock his head in warney! Don't take any sh!t from these Ewe turners!" love that bit:D

May 10, 2004
The Mothership
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Pistons/Hammers/Sri Lanka/The Exers
Ah so many memories, so many hours I've spent listening to them. Can't really narrow it down to one, so I might have to come back later and add some more in.

Agreed. Here's a few of my cricket favorites...

Paki skipper Abroke Miandad - 'Well for ****s sake Ian I don't think we stand a ****ing chance out there, that ****ing pitch, look at it it's a ****ing nightmare! I would not be surprised if we saw quite a few injuries today. Also we have lost our strongest batsman Coppedwan Indenutz'

Chappelli - 'Urrr Did he?'

Miandad - 'No that's his name you ****wit he tore a hamstring'

The classic commentary competition, especially the Imran Khan one...

Ian Chappell - 'Welcome back to our Adelaide viewers with the news that they've missed a bit of a sensation here a short while ago, when Pakistan captain Imran Khan cracked one down behind square leg and uuurrrr it was a bit embarrasing for, ahh, Immy, but uuuur it was a pretty big thrill for the thousands of adoring female fans Immy has here and right around the country'

Tony Grieg - 'Well that's certainly true Ian, Imran Khan, never any shortage of attractive young Aussie girls keen to get down to his members end and face a couple of balls.'

oh and the Best Dressed Team one....

Tony - 'Well Bill I think these little Sri Lankans are appealing against the light'

Bill - 'What are you ****in talking about Tony the lights have been turned on for the last hour'

Tony - 'Well Bill, I've been pretty turned on myself by the sight of these little Sri Lankans here tonight'

Bill - 'Ah s**t here we go'

Tony - 'In their magnificent dark blue uniforms, set against these bright MCG lights. And I'd say this little fellas have to be strong contenders for that best dressed team award in this Benson and Hedges World Series Cup competition. The Australians too, looking very smart in their bright canary yellow'

Bill - 'Canary yellow???? That's Australian gold my friend and don't you ****ing forget it!!!! Canary yellow indeed!'

And the Indian Captain Nawab of Pataudi Juniors message to Bill on 'This is Your Life' (which has a bit of an eerie relevance right now too)...

Nawab - 'Hello Big Nose! Your victories over us in Australia, then again a year later in India cost me my captancy, my place in the team, and eventually, my dreams, so, **** you, **** your TV show, and I hope you have a shitty night!'

Bill - 'Yeah we thrashed him, he couldn't handle it, look at him! Same to you Nawab! Mr Pataudi Head we used to call him'

May 10, 2004
The Mothership
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Just remembered another couple of favourites from the final dig. The opening scne where the gay waiter mistakes richie for darryl eastlake. GOLD! and also when bill and tony are commentating the final over of the aus v nz game and bill sticks his head out the window of the comm box and goes sumthing like " Ohh knock his head in warney! Don't take any sh!t from these Ewe turners!" love that bit:D

That was the taxi driver if i'm not mistaken.

So you drive around with all your windows down and the dodgy sub woofer blaring thinking that everyone is impressed by your taste of entertainment?

nope was sitting in my pulsar waiting for my missus to finsih work but as it was ****en hot i had my windows down, i couldnt give a flying **** if anyone is impressed by my car or comedy cd. Yes im a wog but a not a brain dead muzza.

Now if that offended you please feel free to call sen and sook about ti like your buddy who copped it in the arse on the main board

arzach

Team Captain
Aug 12, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Tony Grieg - 'Well that's certainly true Ian, Imran Khan, never any shortage of attractive young Aussie girls keen to get down to his members end and face a couple of balls.'

Tony - yes he certainly is hung like a elephant, Imran. I remember when I shared a room with Imran on the rest of the world tour and he cracked one through the covers. Let me tell you that hotel bed of his blew up into something resembling one of those huge Pakistani marquees.

Rick18

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 30, 2007
AFL Club
North Melbourne
the Auzztralians not even bothering to appeal, just letting Bill Lawry do it for them

I can't remember it word for word, but in Boned in the first test:

Bill: Got him yes! Strauss is out first ball!
Tony: And Strauss just lets that go through to the keeper :D

And another one from The Final Dig:

Bill: You're hangin loos? Toilets? Oh...

May 10, 2004
The Mothership
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Tony - yes he certainly is hung like a elephant, Imran. I remember when I shared a room with Imran on the rest of the world tour and he cracked one through the covers. Let me tell you that hotel bed of his blew up into something resembling one of those huge Pakistani marquees.

That's a ROGUE elephant ;)

Sep 10, 2004
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Minnesota Vikings
One of the old school 12th Man's, when Richie is doing the rollcall:

"Chapelli?" - "Here!"
"Ian's brother Greg? - "Here!"
"Tony?" - "Here!"
"Rod (Marsh)?" - "Here!"