[Rage Against The Machine] - Tour Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 29, 2005
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New York Knicks, Redskins, NUFC
we've got gossip in all corners of the board so i thought i might aswell start a main thread for all Rage related talk whilst they visit Australia... who's going to see them? when? where? pumped or what!!

i got tickets with a couple of mates on the 30th of Jan for their Melbourne sideshow..

all you suckers with BDO tickets, make sure you check them out:thumbsu: probably the best thing you'll ever see

I'm going to both. We lined up from 4.30 pm at Greensborough the night before the sideshow tickets. Best decision I ever made.

i'm seeing them at the gold coast and Melbourne Big Day Outs, and still trying to get my hands on a festival hall ticket at a reasonable price... can't see it happening...

if anyone has a ticket they want to sell for festival hall at a decent price, let me know...

I'm going to both. We lined up from 4.30 pm at Greensborough the night before the sideshow tickets. I went to sleep in Vic Crow's car while he stayed up at the front of the line all night.
Edited for accuracy.

I'm going to both. We lined up from 4.30 pm at Greensborough the night before the sideshow tickets. Best decision I ever made.

Homer can't resist the big game, so he camps out in front of the ticket
booth. And his strategy pays off -- he's second in the huge line.

Homer: Heh heh heh, I did it! Second in line, and all I had to do was
miss eight days of work.
Man: With the money you would have made working, you could have bought
tickets from a scalper.
Homer: In theory, yes. [sotto voce] Jerk.

Man: Give me, er, 30,000 tickets.
Woman: That'll be $950,000 please.
Man: Look, the thing about that is, I only got $10 on me. Can I pay
you the rest later?
Woman: Sure.

The man walks off with a big stack of tickets, and the woman puts a
"Sold Out" sign in the window. Homer sighs and slumps against the
wicket.

I got tickets to see RATM at Festival Hall, but it was pure luck.

I logged on and started the buying process online at 9.00am precisely (I live in a rural area, nowhere near any ticketmaster outlet), but the tickets sold out immediately. I was mighty pissed off, let me tell you.

However, on the off chance, I logged back on a few hours later and did a search. Imagine my surprise when I managed to buy up 5 tickets online at 11.30am on the same morning. At this stage, scalped tickets were going for $100,000 on eBay. All I can say is, the whole ticketing system is unfair and f****d, but I got lucky.

As a teacher, I have a 3 hour drive straight after the first day back at school on the 30th of Jan, then a 3 hour drive home after the concert so I can teach again the next morning. It'll be worth it, tho :thumbsu:

As a teacher, I have a 3 hour drive straight after the first day back at school on the 30th of Jan, then a 3 hour drive home after the concert so I can teach again the next morning. It'll be worth it, tho :thumbsu:
You will still be running on pure adrenaline.

seven days to the melbourne bdo... last night i broke out their live set at the grand olympic auditorium. First time I'd properly listened to the band in nearly a year and as I was sitting there listening to Bulls on Parade, it finally hit me that I'm going to see Rage Against the Machine live!!

Along with seeing Geelong win the flag, this was one of the things I'd cut off my right arm to see, but I never actually believed either event it would happen. If you had of told me in January '07 that in the next 12 months I'll see my beloved Cats finally win a flag AND see Rage live, I would have said "you're high!!"

Next Monday can't come soon enough.

Apparently Serj Tankard came out on stage with Tom Morello in the Nightwatchmen set.

Im having a big dilemma, whether to go to see Brand New and make it back only 15 mins before Rage, or stay to get a good spot. Any ideas?

Seeing them at BDO and Festy on the 30th.

Cannot wait - the closet i came to seeing them was Amsterdam in 1998 at a Free Tibet concert with Radiohead, Blur, Garbage, Ben Harper but they pulled out at the last second.

Very pumped.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i saw them yesterday at the gold cost, was unreal... vietnow! can't wait for monday, and hopefully i can jag a ticket for wednesday...

anti-flag are supporting ratm for the melbourne gig. I don't know about the other states, but i'd say it's likely that they've got the support slot for those shows too. They're also doing their own show at the HiFi Bar in Melbourne, if you're so inclined.

Also you're crazy if you're weighing up between rage and brand new. Brand New are ordinary at best and will be here sooner rather than later, rage are legendary and will NEVER tour here again.

Ive already got tickets for the Anti Flag sideshow, one of my favourite bands...along with Brand New. Im going to the Brand New sideshow, so I wouldnt waste a minute thinking if the two bands were actually clashing, but since its a decision on getting a prime position or watching from further back I dont know. I dont mind as long as I have atleast a decent position for Rage.

Brand New put on a very good live show, dont often hear negative words spoken about there performance!

Did you see them at BDO or the sideshow? I read somewhere that Anti Flag were supporting them at their sideshows but I can't find any hard facts

BDO, only sideshows are in sydney and melbourne, neither of which I have a ticket too :( still holding out hope of getting one reasonably priced, i think i'm going to go along to festival hall and see if I can get a ticket out the front...

BDO, only sideshows are in sydney and melbourne, neither of which I have a ticket too :( still holding out hope of getting one reasonably priced, i think i'm going to go along to festival hall and see if I can get a ticket out the front...
I'm tipping that out the front would require a four figured sum.

I seen them at the BDO on the Goldie. They ****ing went right off. Opened up with Testify, which was ****ing awesome, then went through all the classics like Bullet In Ya Head, Guerilla Radio and of course Killing In The Name Of. I was right in front of the moshpit for Killing In The Name Of (Which they closed with, for those that wanted to know), and it was insane! Such a good experience. My shins were hacked like never before, well worth it though! :thumbsu:

I'm tipping that out the front would require a four figured sum.
not quite, scalpers will be selling tickets for $3-500 though... will try and luck out with a genuine punter who has a spare ticket, will see what happens... i'll be in the city after work anyway, so won't be a big deal...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back