[Rage Against The Machine] - Tour Thread

Jun 21, 2005
AFL Club
Sydney
For all the people that went to the SYD concert, share us your thoughts on it:) When you get back from it of course lol.

Just got home from our trip then.

As you would expect it was bloody unbelievable. Most hype surrounding a concert for some time and the vibe in and out of the Entertainment centre was pretty special.

Unlike for Muse a couple months back everyone jumped to their feet as soon as the house lights went down and everyone just went berzerk when Testify opened. I dunno the exact set list but they played (in no particular order): Guerrilla Radio, Renegades, Know Your Enemy, Wake Up, Bombtrack, Bulls On Parade, Bullet In The Head, Freeeeeedom, Calm Like A Bomb, Sleep Now In The Fire and Killing In The Name to finish.
Not sure, but I think they also played Take The Power Back and People Of The Sun and maybe a few others as well. I was a little out of it at stages, but still remember most of it all.

It was fan-f**kin-tastic. Jumping all over the chairs, embracing others in the rows in front and behind us, grooving with randoms in the aisles to Renegades.

My neck kills and I need to sleep!

Apr 3, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
The problem with RATM is that they are a bunch of marxist hyporcrits who are unable to see the irony in their attempts to reconcile their love affair with the Soviet Union with their willingness to make millions from major US record labels.

That and there music is overrated.

Why the hate? Because they didn't like Steve Forbes? Their support for the Zapatistas, and some of the poorest and downtrodden people on Earth? Because they donate proceeds to charities like U.N.I.T.E and Women Alive?

Saw them last night in Sydney, the atmosphere was incredible, Noodle pretty much summed it up.

-VC-

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Colorado Avalanche, Melb Mustangs
i jagged a ticket off ebay for only $200 :) listed it as a seated ticket, when it in fact was general admission :p
Kudos buddy. I've seen a few of your posts saying you were hoping to get a cheap ticket and I thought you were dreaming, especially as the day got closer. Congrats. :thumbsu:

w00dy

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
Kudos buddy. I've seen a few of your posts saying you were hoping to get a cheap ticket and I thought you were dreaming, especially as the day got closer. Congrats. :thumbsu:

to be honest i didn't expect to get one... was just going to try and it worked out...

the guy originally had it listed as a general admission ticket, then had bids up to $390 for the ticket, then decided that it was a seated ticket, so removed the auction and relisted it as a seated ticket...

i could tell by the details he listed in the description the ticket was in fact general admission... he got confused because it didn't say GA, it just said FLOOR along with some letters and numbers, which he confused for seat numbers...

so I was extremely lucky... his son extremely unlucky, as it was his ticket, but he owed his dad money, so his dad made him sell it...

The Zebra

Cancelled
Veteran 10k Posts North Melbourne - North 2011 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2010 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2009 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2008 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor
Jun 29, 2004
Hung Like a Horse
AFL Club
North Melbourne
i jagged a ticket off ebay for only $200 :) listed it as a seated ticket, when it in fact was general admission :p

$200?

You are the luckiest man in melbourne.

People who do not have a ticket, hang your heads in shame at this.

The problem with RATM is that they are a bunch of marxist hyporcrits who are unable to see the irony in their attempts to reconcile their love affair with the Soviet Union with their willingness to make millions from major US record labels.

That is one of the stupidest things I have ever seen in my life.:rolleyes:

Sep 29, 2005
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
New York Knicks, Redskins, NUFC
not long for me to wait:D getting very excited.. only a couple of days away, its snuck up awfully quick. not that im complaining!

-VC-

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
I can't wait. BDO was just a taste. I look forward to the more intimate setting of Festival Hall and the longer set that they will play.

-VC-

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 18, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Don't count on it being too much longer. The Sydney sideshow set was only one hour 20 mins long. But what an 80 minutes it was!
TBH, from what they played at Melbourne BDO I am desperate to see Vietnow, Take The Power Back and How I Could Just Kill A Man. Anything after that is a bonus, but I feel they played a fairly complete set at BDO. A few odds and ends to tie things up would be beautiful - those three the most essential. Maybe a few more tracks from Renegades, which was ignored at BDO (as expected).

With that said, I was hoping for 90+ minutes.

Sep 29, 2005
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
okay folks antiflag are supporting. for those who don't know they are a political punkish style band. also cypress hill are apparently in town for their own upcoming tour, how good would a cameo from them be with f*ck tha police or how i could just kill a man!

Contra Mundum

To Know Nothing is the Happiest Life
10k Posts
Aug 1, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
NMFC

Sigh! Why post like that - I choose not to read Ayn Rand ,the Heritage Foundation, articles by the IPA so why do you choose to criticise Rage Against the Machine?

Also - can you please provide us with some evidence that RATM are "In love with the Soviet Union"

Sep 7, 2004
The Arthouse
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
The F.Torres Worshippers
okay folks antiflag are supporting. for those who don't know they are a political punkish style band. also cypress hill are apparently in town for their own upcoming tour, how good would a cameo from them be with f*ck tha police or how i could just kill a man!

I was pleasantly surprised that they played Down Rodeo and Tire Me at the Melbourne BDO.
I'm hoping that No Shelter, Born of a Broken Man and How Could I just Kill a Man find their way on to tonight's set list. I'd say the first two will almost certainly get on, but I very much doubt How Could I... will get played... Do they perform that live anyway?

Sep 29, 2005
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
yea i heard they played down rodeo:thumbsu:.. thats awesome! love the first lines of that song. "yea, i'm rollin down rodeo with a shotgun, you people ain't seen a brown skinned person since your grandparents bought one!"

anyways i'm about to get on the train.. might see some of you tonight!

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

w00dy

Premiership Player
Oct 13, 2003
Perth
AFL Club
Melbourne
what an amazing show... i saw them at coachella, saw them at the melbourne and gold cost big day outs... but that was just mind blowing... setlist looked something similar to...

testify
bulls on parade
bullet in the head
vietnow
bombtrack
down rodeo
people of the sun
renegades of funk
gorilla radio
calm like a bomb
sleep now in the fire
war within a breath

freedom
killing in the name of

definately worth the $200 i paid, bed time now

May 19, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
what an amazing show... i saw them at coachella, saw them at the melbourne and gold cost big day outs... but that was just mind blowing... setlist looked something similar to...

testify
bulls on parade
bullet in the head
vietnow
bombtrack
down rodeo
people of the sun
renegades of funk
gorilla radio
calm like a bomb
sleep now in the fire
war within a breath

freedom
killing in the name of

definately worth the $200 i paid, bed time now

So swap Know Your Enemy for Vietnow and add renegades of funk? I would almost rather the Big Day Out show then

Shmoses

Club Legend
Jul 10, 2006
AFL Club
Geelong
The exact set list was:

Testify
Bulls On Parade
People Of The Sun
Bombtrack
Vietnow
Bullet In The Head (w/ rant)
Down Rodeo
Renegades
Guerilla Radio
Calm Like A Bomb
Sleep Now In The Fire
War Within A Breath

Freedom/Township Rebellion
Killing In The Name

The setlist belies how good Rage actually were though. They were perfect, such huge energy and so good with the crowd, it was amazing. It was a really different atmosphere to the Big Day Out, and the sideshow will always mean more to me. The highlights from both sets for me was the outro to Wake Up at Big Day Out and being transfixed by Tom's guitar solo in Bullet In The Head at Festival Hall.

Back