Boxing Day Test Match: Australia v South Africa @ Melbourne (Fri-Tue)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeah, smartarse hindsight selections are such difficult things to do. :rolleyes:

bullshit, they knew before the start of the match that his knee was screwed and they still picked him knowing he couldn't bowl.

You could make the same criticism of South Africa`s bowlers then, couldn`t you?

Haven`t been able to clean up Australia`s tail in three consecutive innings.

one sizeable difference though, SA bowlers took 20 wickets in the first test and Australia only took 14.

I think these days with the bowling machines etc, all the players and get good solid hits in the nets. Hence we are seeing the improvement of the so called tailend batsmen.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sigh...

To think that just yesterday we had them 6-140'ish with the very real possibility of taking a 150-200 run lead into the second innings. Heartbreaking.

I got on the draw at $3 and SA at $4.50 on day 1. Hopefully the Aussies can get out to say $3.50 so I can be guaranteed at least some sort of return

Frustration over Australia's performance aside, I am really enjoying this series as a contest. You just can't take anything for granted.

And if South Africa become the #1 ranked nation, then so be it. Certainly can't say they won't have deserved it.

Frustration over Australia's performance aside, I am really enjoying this series as a contest. You just can't take anything for granted.

And if South Africa become the #1 ranked nation, then so be it. Certainly can't say they won't have deserved it.

Well SA do deserve the No. 1 if they can get the series win here. They have done well all over the world. They drew the series 1-1 in India just before the Aussies went there and lost 2 - 0

They picked him as a batsman. They knew Bing would get injured?

well if they picked him as a batsman then they may just as well have picked Watson...quite logical really, Watson may not have done much with bat in recent times, Symonds has done just as little too.

at least Watson could throw down a few.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back