Latest Chris Cornell Effort

Remove this Banner Ad

My god why does Chris Cornell keep torturing himself?
This is just Sad.:eek:

Absolute crap.
Timberland. WTF.

I'm a huge Soundgarden fan.
I even like the first Audioslave album. It's pretty good in fact.
Morello didn't suck too badly on it but the next two unfortunately had too much Morello influence but this is just as if Cornell has lost his mind. :confused:

Forget about trying to put Morello's awful playing out of your head when listening to Audioslave this crap just wants to make you slash your wrists.

This has to be a joke surely.
This is absolute crap.

Hello,

Has anyone heard the latest Chris Cornell effort? If you know what "sell out" means then this guy is the definition of sell out. His latest album is with Timbaland and his website has an animation of him smashing a guitar. Thanks a lot Chris you ****ing w***er.

Best Regards,

EDIT: http://www.chriscornell.com/ - can listen to it there.

Well, I doubt very highly that he owes you anything, so the bolded comment was completely unnecessary.

Having said that the music is s**t - but then again, this is the guy who was partly responsible for the travesty that was Audioslave (not to mention that crap Bond song), so we can't really expect anything decent from him anymore.

Audioslave was great (well, the singles that I heard were anyway), don't know about the Bond song. This is the first music from him that I haven't liked.

Although Chris may have gone a little AWOL, long live Soundgarden!

bloody hell Timbaland is an egotistical w***er, I dont know how he has gotten so rich, he doesn't ****ing do jack s**t, he is an average rapper turned producer, and an average one at that

Get Cornell singing for Velvet Revovler. Quickly, before Timbaland kills his reputation.

thatd be awesome. but i dont see it happening

I rememer seeing an interview after he quit audioslave which basically said he didnt like being in bands anymore. just wanted to do his own thing.

RIP Cornell's career

Timbo is the biggest hit-maker in the music biz, he'll only do wonders for this chris cornell fella's music career... you all should be happy:thumbsu:

Yes but this Chris Cornell fella use to put out music like this:

Burden In My Hand
[YOUTUBE]zp7A46gmf_A&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Spoonman
[YOUTUBE]nxtL-_m7fGM&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Blow Up The Outside World
[YOUTUBE]j22KaVO1KqE&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

Timbo is the biggest hit-maker in the music biz, he'll only do wonders for this chris cornell fella's music career... you all should be happy:thumbsu:

He'll kill it, Cornell will lose most of his old fans, and gain bugger all new ones

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Timbaland can only dream of being involved in something that will be remembered for years after ending like Chris Cornell has with Soundgarden.
Nobody will remember Timbaland in 10 years time

Well his latest has leaked. Given it 2 or 3 listens (believe me its VERY hard to get through all of it). Fair enough I like to give him a chance for this new direction but it just doesn't work. Two Drink Minimum is a great song though, still has one of the best voices around. What a shame its wasted here.

When i first heard about this last year, i was bemused but still open minded. Reading that part of the reasons Cornell didnt want to be in bands anymore was the freedom it gave him to put out whatever he felt like doing and not pigeon hole him into a genre, i thought fair enough and was prepared to give it a go.

But i never thought that'd mean he'd want to be an awkward watered down Justin Timberlake. :eek:

I could have maybe handled a One Republic style Timberland remix just to get it out of his system.

But while i applaud him wanting to to stretch himself and try something completed unexpected of him, a whole album of this crap has left me bemused, confused and angry, particularly as i held the guy on such a high pedestal.

I cant imagine he needs the bucks that badly. Which means this is either something he actually wants to do, or he's going through a mid-life crisis and has started needing to seek all the stuff (fame, chart positions, sexy film clips etc etc) that gave most of his previous work so much credibility by not needing.

Now i know how Melbourne supporters felt when Ron Barassi went to Carlton. :thumbsdown:

i agree that he needed a change in direction after his latest solo album was pretty bland.

but this is going from one extreme to another and only a few songs sound decent and theres to many cringeworthy moments.

Given Cornell's past im gonna have a listen to the whole album, but after what ive heard on his website i think its going to be a bit rough to handle. Especially seeing as im always listening to Soundgarden & Audioslave at work.

On his website there are alot of Comments that say "well done on the new songs" etc etc
But there are even more who are saying "wtf are you thinking?".

I hope he sees them, realises what hes doing and come back with an absolute killer album that blows everyone away. But i think the chances of that happening are about as good as the worlds economy being fixed tomorrow!

Out of what i have heard i think "Scream" is the best so far. The Cornell part in it i can bear, but the background music just doesn't suit the song.

26672077-26672080-slarge.jpg

Trent Reznor Uses Twitter to Slam Chris Cornell’s “Scream”

There’s nothing Rock Daily loves more than a good ol’ Twitter feud, especially when it features two rock icons. Trent Reznor took to his relatively new Twitter account yesterday to slam one of his peers, former Audioslave singer Chris Cornell. “You know that feeling you get when somebody embarrasses themselves so badly YOU feel uncomfortable? Heard Chris Cornell’s record? Jesus,” the suddenly loquacious Reznor wrote for all 40,000+ of his followers to see.

For full article: http://www.rollingstone.com/rockdai...r-uses-twitter-to-slam-chris-cornells-scream/

There is a album floating around called Unplugged in Sweden. the first 2 songs on it are crap but when his voice warms up, its simply awesome.

Agree - the album is great. Some of the covers are rippers - Led Zeppelin's 'Thank You' a stand out for me.

As much as I love CC, and as much as I think this album sucks balls, good on him. It's obviously something he wanted to do, and he's done it. Hopefully he realises that it didn't work and gets back to doing what he does best. I still have nothing but respect for the man.

All the previous posts bagging this "effort" from Cornell did not even come close to preparing me for the audio devastation I just encountered.

Let Lars sleep soundly as even the most ardent Metallica hater can no longer label him the biggest sellout heavy music/rock has seen.

Chris Cornell has surely alienated the majority of his fanbase with this putrid effort.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back