Killzone 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hip shooting is awesome. Short to short-mid range shots should definitely be shot from the hip.
The aiming feels like R:FoM - clunky and jerky. First person shooter junkies (such as yourself) should dominate online, more so than the CoD series.

Is this going to be one of those FPS games when you only need to shoot an enemy for about 1-2 seconds to kill them (i.e CoD and Far Cry 2)?

hmmm....that's a big call.....

i know i won't dominate for a while anywayz...and i didn't really like resistances aiming in mp...as long as the sprint is a bit better than in resistance i'll be happy

i'm going to try and make a goal to unlock every online badge to do with unlocking abilities....i want every option possible even though i already pretty much know the type of guy i want.

sniping might take me a while to unlock everything with.

Is this going to be one of those FPS games when you only need to shoot an enemy for about 1-2 seconds to kill them (i.e CoD and Far Cry 2)?
Very similar, maybe a few more shots. It's not like Resistance where you have to empty half a clip. A short burst to the chest should clean them up.

I noticed that head-shots aren't one hit kills? I nailed a few guys in the head and their helmets flew off, but they got back up.

It feels like it has no auto-aim whatsoever, which is thumbs up from me.

from what i've read i will say yes...(not 1-2 seconds...more like a few bullets only) which is why i'm happy

resistance 2 really irked me how long it took to kill a single player after being so used to the feel of call of duties kill speed i'd find myself moving to the next guy before i'd even killed the other ppl! lol

Very similar, maybe a few more shots. It's not like Resistance where you have to empty half a clip. A short burst to the chest should clean them up.
Yeah, felt to me like about 5 or so chest shots gets the kill, might examine that one a bit more though, as that is an absolute guess.
I noticed that head-shots aren't one hit kills? I nailed a few guys in the head and their helmets flew off, but they got back up.
Headshots are one hit kills, but their helmets take the damage first, so it is essentially 2 hits, but a bare head it 1 hit, don't know how it will translate to multi.
It feels like it has no auto-aim whatsoever, which is thumbs up from me.
Yep, didn't feel like any auto-aim for me.

Thanks for that scooter and camo.

I will say I'm not a fan of those types of games (Never liked CoD multiplayer) because for me it is just a case of the luckiest players generally win.

People will argue realism to me but I prefer a game like Halo which allows for skills and smarts in multiplayer.

(That isn't really a go at KZ2, moreso all games that have multiplayer where whoever gets the first shot in usually wins).

Exactly what I expected the demo to be. Looks great, sounds awesome and it plays well. Went through my first go using the standard controls, but have swapped out to alternate 2 for another 2 play throughs which is what almost everybody will use I think. Loved seeing the ballet of death at the end of the demo aswell.

resistance 2 really irked me how long it took to kill a single player after being so used to the feel of call of duties kill speed i'd find myself moving to the next guy before i'd even killed the other ppl! lol
Yeah, that's why R:FoM 1 hit kills pwned the world!

Plus I usually s**t it in when it is more reflex based than steady hands(Or auto-aim).

When you get shot, your body reacts to the hit and it skews your aiming. It adds to the realism (first shot should usually win).

I forgot to mention the physics. I spent a few minutes in the factory shooting up bottles and barrels and they are top notch.

EDIT: I just remembered another gripe. For a game aiming for realism, I was left disappointed because I couldn't shoot through cover (CoD). All the cover in the demo was concrete, so I could be wrong.

Did anyone see destructible cover in the demo?

EDIT: I just remembered another gripe. For a game aiming for realism, I was left disappointed because I couldn't shoot through cover (CoD). All the cover in the demo was concrete, so I could be wrong.

obviously i havn't played the demo but from many read reviews i am certain you can shoot through/be shot through average/unsuitable cover.

maybe the demo is quite old code and they hadn't introduced it yet?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

... I'm probably just going to end up dodging this game. I got the demo and the default controls were pretty bad, I should have changed them but I forgot the controls were customizable. Regardless, I still liked the demo a lot, everything is a lot more surreal and enemies take a perfect amount of damage but the demo's graphics weren't THAT good, I mean the Gun close up looks a bit blury but the character renders were amazing, so was the on-screen action and the flying vehicle animation, though I disliked those yanks dialog with all the swears and typical 'Yee Ha! F*ck yeeah!' stuff. I also have a preference for liking the cool-n-smooth type of FPS, maybe it's just me but KZ2 feels a bit shaky, I'm not saying that's a bad thing, adds to the surreal atmosphere but it's just my preference.

With that said, along with the absence of vehicles in Multiplayer, I don't see myself getting this game any time soon, I'll definitely get it if the vehicles get updated in but otherwise I don't think I'd last playing KZ2 for long.

Hey everyone, GrandBlue wants vehicles. I though I should tell you, just in case you didn't know.

How awesome is it when you shoot gas bottles and they start skating around the floor?

When you leave the Killzone 2 - press start screen for a few seconds it shows some boss gameplay. To me, the graphics in that video look noticeably better than what we got in the demo. I think we got an old build.

I played through again and i retract my statement about the controls. The only thing I don't like about them is trying to stay in cover, peep up and aim down the barrel. It's good that you're able to do that, but it's not good on my fingers.

Didn't see any in the demo, but I can 100% guarantee that there will be in the full game, in the form of sandbag cover, and other types that can be destructed.
How awesome is it when you shoot gas bottles and they start skating around the floor?
Loved that, had a moment where they were scattered on the ground, shot one and it went spinning around and just happened to land right near a helghan, and boom, so good.
When you leave the Killzone 2 - press start screen for a few seconds it shows some boss gameplay. To me, the graphics in that video look noticeably better than what we got in the demo. I think we got an old build.
No doubt it would've been cleaned up a bit since, I would also think there was probably a bit of compression for the demo too, which would've stunted some of the graphics.
The only thing I don't like about them is trying to stay in cover, peep up and aim down the barrel. It's good that you're able to do that, but it's not good on my fingers.
Yeah, I found that a little hard to do, will cramp the fingers after a good session in the story mode, thankfully the cover won't be used in multiplayer so the controls will be perfect for that.

My god LLD, shut the **** up.

Disappointed with the length of the demo for 1.2GB. I thought we were getting the first level and a tutorial level or something? That 10 minutes wasn't even the full first level, lame.

Can't wait for it to come out though.

Camo ffs, just download the demo. Seriously, it's 10 minutes of the game. It won't ruin anything for you and you'll get used to the controls.

I've finished the demo three times in the last half an hour and then I watched my brother play it and fail :D. It's addictive.

I managed to get the rocket launcher. :cool:
At the bit where you're shooting that high rise building, a guy will come out on top of the roof and start firing rockets. Take him down when he's close to the edge and he will fall.

As kerrby said, there IS NO STORY at all in the demo. You crash land a platform and the rest is just gameplay. Nothing is given away in the >10 minutes.

I love the six-axis movable menus.

Disappointed with the length of the demo for 1.2GB. I thought we were getting the first level and a tutorial level or something? That 10 minutes wasn't even the full first level, lame.
Well apparently each full level is more than 2GB, not only that each level is approx. 1 hour in length, so both options there are not smart for demo's, 1 hour because your giving away too much for free, 2GB as that is just an insane amount for a demo.

And BTW the demo was to FEATURE the first level which is the tutorial level.

I managed to get the rocket launcher. :cool:
At the bit where you're shooting that high rise building, a guy will come out on top of the roof and start firing rockets. Take him down when he's close to the edge and he will fall.
Finally, I was about to ask if anyone had found it, how many rockets do you get?
I love the six-axis movable menus.
I love the feature too, allows you to always be seeing something interesting on the screen.

Camo ffs, just download the demo. Seriously, it's 10 minutes of the game. It won't ruin anything for you and you'll get used to the controls.

i have absolutely zero need/desire to play what i believe is an early build of the game....

i want to see it for the first time in it's true glory and be truly wowed like i'm certain i will be.

the resident evil 5 demo was the only demo i've d/l in a LONG time and that's only because i was in two minds about getting it....whereas i already have KZ2 fully payed off...so there's no real point

also i don't need to play the demo/get used to the buttons to be able to whip your lil ass :)

There's a rocket launcher available on the ground as you come around that corner on the right hand side. I'm pretty sure an ISA guy also has one on him right nearby aswell, you can steal his once the Helghast on the bridge kill him.

Wow if camo is true in that its an early build, its even more impressive. Dusted the PS3 off to play this tonight, and was worth the bloody download. Wasn't sure about this, being a big PC FPS fan but its easily one of the few times I've been impressed by a console shooter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back