FTA-TV Flight of the Conchords - Season 2

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you've nailed it. After ep3 these guys are losing me. I've been with them from the beginning but their aura is fading. They just don't make me laugh as much as what they used to. The security drill with Bret's gang in the apartment scene was funny but that was about it.
By the middle my only interest was trying to work out where I'd seen the obnoxious Oz embassy dude with the mustache before. Eventually it hit me.......Coyote Ugly. Sad really that it's come to this :(

Hey I'm saying season 2 has been great. Episode 2 and 3 are easily up there with the best of season 1 (episode 2 may be my favourite). I'm saying the songs are just as good now because they have to write songs that fit the show rather than trying to fit in songs that may be funny live/acoustic but don't fit the show or aren't ambitious enough.

Well it's confirmed; after ep4 they've lost me. Hardly got a laugh at all out of it. Now I'm sure they should have stopped at the end of season 1 when Murray struck gold with the Crazy Dogs. It was the perfect ending with no need to continue. They should have walked away after the first 12 episodes, Fawlty Towers style.

Finally caught up with the 5 eps. Whilst Eps 1 & 2 were lacking laughs there have been plenty of laughs with the last 3 eps.

Songs aren't as good, but enjoying the banter. Winner season so far :thumbsu:

Just caught ep 5... the ex-girlfriends song was one of the best they've done. But yeah, overall, the writing seems much weaker than the first series.

Okay... just saw ep 7... by far the best of series 2, and equal of any in series 1, I reckon. Absolute gold. Particularly the conclusion.
Huh? Re-watch season 1 if you think that. The episode was terrible.

Okay... just saw ep 7... by far the best of series 2, and equal of any in series 1, I reckon. Absolute gold. Particularly the conclusion.
I don't even think that was the best of S2. I prefered ep 6 and either 2 or 3.

I've got to say I don't share all of your negativity towards the new season. I loved the awkward banter probably more than the songs in season 1 and with that IMO becoming better and the crazier storylines I actually like the way it's heading. I think season 2 (I've only seen the first 4 btw) so far has more rewatchability than season 1.

I've got to say I don't share all of your negativity towards the new season. I loved the awkward banter probably more than the songs in season 1 and with that IMO becoming better and the crazier storylines I actually like the way it's heading. I think season 2 (I've only seen the first 4 btw) so far has more rewatchability than season 1.
Well I'm not sure about the re-watchability factor yet. I mean I've watched season 1 about 12 times over, so that'll take some catching. I do agree that the banter and general dialogue has probably been better in season 2, but it was the songs in season 1 that made the show truly brilliant and unique.

I won't give away any spoilers, but the next 3 eps ain't great unfortunately :(

Laughed my ass off at the epileptic dogs benefit, when they break into the remix and the following scene could very well be the funniest moment i have seen in either series.

Well I'm not sure about the re-watchability factor yet. I mean I've watched season 1 about 12 times over, so that'll take some catching. I do agree that the banter and general dialogue has probably been better in season 2, but it was the songs in season 1 that made the show truly brilliant and unique.

I won't give away any spoilers, but the next 3 eps ain't great unfortunately :(
As in Eps 8-10? How did you manage that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really enjoyed ep 5 and Jermaine's relationship with Keitha. Good to see a realistic depiction of Australian/NZ relations.

And Dave's homage to love across racial boundaries illustrated by his viewing of Interracial hole stretchers 4, "She was white, they were black..."

Just saw the latest episode. Funny episode but it kinda looked like the last episode of the series. Any clarification on that? I've also read somewhere that this will be the last season of the show as well.

I agree with that pretty much. Especially about the interplay between characters. There's nothing else quite like that kind of comedy on TV and I love it. That's what keeps me coming back and watching repeats, far moreso than the songs.

I'm loving season 2 as much as the first :thumbsu:

Good season all up. Not as good as season 1 though, the dialog was better, but not the songs IMO. Hope they come back for S3

They confirmed before this season aired that there was no chance for Season 3. I hope they keep that promise as well. Don't want it to become stale. Will be remembered better that way

They confirmed before this season aired that there was no chance for Season 3. I hope they keep that promise as well. Don't want it to become stale. Will be remembered better that way

Likewise... although I could probably see a single feature film down the track.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back